IGNORED

do you work out?

oyster

weights (all upper body) 3 times a week.

easy jog 2-3 miles the other 3 days. i'm new to running so i have to go really slow or i get shin splints.

i usually have a day off somewhere in there. not scheduled, but for when i'm busy/lazy.

exercising is like the opposite of drinking. it sounds like a terrible idea before you do it, but afterwards you're glad you did.

get better shoes. running shoes. have someone help you

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Coalbucket PI

i got ringworm at the gym. had it for over a year. creams from my doc wont kill it.

Ringworm is the same thing as athletes foot, I had it on my knee once and sprayed a shit load of athletes foot spray on it and it went away real quick

i got ringworm at the gym. had it for over a year. creams from my doc wont kill it.

Use lamisil, the other one is useless. Also, once a day with the lamisil and then betadine which is iodine solution in between. Skin fungus, is fucking difficult to annihilate. But you can do it. Only to find that it reoccurs somewhere else on your body, even years later, like fucking cold sores. gleH. Also, don't scratch.

Guest fiznuthian

cycling is definitely my new thing.

its awesome exercise, especially when climbing hills and mountains.

seeing the world on bike is a more rewarding experience then driving places too

Been working out for three months at the local fitness center. 3 times a week. about 1½ hours each time.

No resultats at all yet. I'm starting to losing the motivation.

Guest AcrossCanyons

Been working out for three months at the local fitness center. 3 times a week. about 1½ hours each time.

keep at it. if you don't notice it now you might notice the difference once you stop again, and then you have to start all over again.

Guest underscore

what is your goal? trying to lose weight? get ripped? get massive? whatever it is, all the working out in the world is mostly worthless if your diet is shit.

I used to do martial arts (kung fu) quite heavily and I was a lot fitter. Was a chubster at 14 and when I started pretty much lost all my weight really quickly and got pretty fit and well into it.

Not really on subject, but I also got into a serious fight after a couple of years when I was 16, where some friends and I were jumped in a park by about 20 aggressors (some crack heads, and a known dealer ha...for some reason it was quite a big thing with that particular group of people, I live in a small town so you get to know the ins and outs), and although I got my nose broke and a black eye, I had the confidence to stand my ground and give some back (I was kicking and everything!). Now I feel in a situation like that I wouldn't have the same speed, confidence or wits...

I've always regretted getting lazy and giving it up, it's been so long now...not really "working out" but I definitely can tell you, taking up martial arts is an amazing way to get fit.

i don't work out, im vegetarian

I ride my bike everywhere, and I'm vegetarian.

is being veggy some form of working out? maybe for your colon?

Diet has a lot to do with fitness, and being vegetarian helps you stay fit.

Guest AcrossCanyons

surely a healthy diet including meat is better than a healthy diet without?

vegetarianism helps you stay farty

Truth.

surely a healthy diet including meat is better than a healthy diet without?

Healthy is healthy, but I think a vegetarian diet is, overall, better for you and the environment. I don't really want to derail this thread into a meat vs. veg debate. There are some people that cannot properly survive without meat every once in a while, but that's a rare condition. One of my good friends has that problem, which sucks, because she prefers to eat vegetarian. She has to eat fish on occasion. Keep in mind that if you include meat in your diet, it's balanced if you eat it only once or twice a week.

A vegetarian diet may be harder to get protein, but as long as you do your research and eat smart, you'll get all of the necessary vitamins and none of the fat.

I stay fit (cycling), sometimes I loose my way if going through a 'get mashed' phase. But I always come good in the end.

I fucking hate gyms with a passion, they are souless places. So I try not to bother with them, the only time I get tempted and sometimes join up is during the grim dark months of winter Dec to Feb. I can see the positive side to that, but I only join gyms with a decent pool as swimming is great (and fun!). I just can't be arsed with weight lifting, tbh I am fairly big chap so don't give a shit about looking any bigger.

Part of being/getting fit has to be being outside in the fresh air. I can cycle for 5 or 6 hours (mtb not a racer), be well happy and see the world go by, play loads of music, sometimes just the peace and sounds of the countryside, not thinking once about getting home. How bored out of your brain are you going to be sat on a bike machine in a gym for 5 hours? Very, very fucking bored lol. That is the key for me.

Like Jules said, running is a great way for getting injured lol. I have done a bit in the past and just end up with sprains, pains and aches. But if it suits you, you'll get fit and quick. Just not my cup of tea tbh, bit too big and bulky for being a serious jogger, and I know I would screw up my knees long term.

Whatever you do fresh air is part of the key to feeling good, that's my advice.

May I inquire as to what you're eating / drinking on a normal basis?

was playing 2-3 hours of tennis every other day...but i seemed to have plateaued...now i am getting flabby again but my calves are bigger than my thighs...i have transformer legs.

proly gonna start walking again.

Guest Rambo

yeah i work out, im pretty fuckin big as well. Like seriously muscular etc

proly gonna start walking again.

lol when taken at face value

Guest Rambo

lol im disabled

Thanks now im going to imagine you cruising around on that tractor/lawnmower thing for the next few years

lol im disabled

can you clap?

i made a heartbreaking tweet recently about people who grew up unable to clap

Archived