IGNORED

do you work out?

oyster

Been working out for three months at the local fitness center. 3 times a week. about 1½ hours each time.

No resultats at all yet. I'm starting to losing the motivation.

what is your goal? trying to lose weight? get ripped? get massive? whatever it is, all the working out in the world is mostly worthless if your diet is shit.

Weight loss. I've gained so much weigt over the past year. I've always been really skinned, so it's kind of crazy how much fatter I seem to get like... every day. I've lived really unhealthy before, eating shit food and not exercising at all. Now I eat alot healthier, really thinking about what i'm eating and excercing. But it doesn't seem to help. No weight loss at all.. I'm having alot more energy now, which is nice, but I want to lose some goddamn weight already. I'm getting kind of impatient, lol.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been working out for three months at the local fitness center. 3 times a week. about 1½ hours each time.

what is your goal? trying to lose weight? get ripped? get massive? whatever it is, all the working out in the world is mostly worthless if your diet is shit.

Weight loss. I've gained so much weigt over the past year. I've always been really skinned, so it's kind of crazy how much fatter I seem to get like... every day. I've lived really unhealthy before, eating shit food and not exercising at all. Now I eat alot healthier, really thinking about what i'm eating and excercing. But it doesn't seem to help. No weight loss at all.. I'm having alot more energy now, which is nice, but I want to lose some goddamn weight already. I'm getting kind of impatient, lol.

can you weigh one of your shits and report back? criticle info for accurate assessment.

Honestly, it's something that you kind of have to forget about and just work into your routine. You won't notice any changes if you scrutinize your body on a daily basis.

Also, it may be your diet or portions. Try changing one or both of those. Keep in mind that exercising without eating enough will make your metabolism go into "storage mode." Make sure you always eat something before you work out.

Guest underscore

I would say if you're eating good and working out consistently, you should take seminudez pics of yourself and keep doing that every few weeks or so. sounds totally homo, but if you've been hittin it like you say then there probably has been some change but it can be really hard to see, especially if you're self conscious about your body. having photographic evidence of what you REALLY looked like three months ago is a lot more reliable than just going from your memory. if you're anything like me than often times your brain is a huge dick conspiring against you and just trying to convince you to say fuck it and go get a big cheeseburger and 320 oz dr. pepper from jack in the box.

also, it wouldn't hurt to invest in something like this: http://www.amazon.com/AccuFitness-MT05-MyoTape-Body-Measure/dp/B000G7YW7Y

look at how fucking cheap it is! and things like your waist size are really important to your health, there is so much more to being healthy than just the scale.

keep it up dude.

Fitness advice on an IDM messageboard, I think I've seen everything now.

We have one of these threads about every year or so.

remember gl;tche? he was well into this shit iirc

mildly confused how to go about doing the 100% vegetarian thing. i don't know what i should eat for lunch tomorrow. lettuce, seeds and...beans?

on a plate?

a multivitamin and omega 3 pill

and water

fuck that.

people take dieting waaay too seriously.

eat whatever fucking feels right, just control portions and make sure you are eating greens and fruit. thats pretty much it.

the way nutrition science goes these days its practically a pseudo-science....shit is being proven/disproven on a daily basis.

meanwhile i see in shape, healthy people and ask what their diet is...surprisingly enough its not all that different from a diet in the 50s: Eggs, sausage, OJ, wheat toast, jam, lots of veggies, an apple/banana or a shake now and then, a little bit of steak or pork or chicken...a few times i got that "all veggie" or "all nuts/berries" diet, but they were certainly in the minority and didn't look like some sort of otherworldly gods in comparison to the meat eaters/egg eaters.

people seriously need to relax on the "THIS IS THE BEST WAY TO EAT" vibe.

just went for an hour bike, did some curls and tricep lifts...feelin pretty good....supplemented that with a few handfuls of trail mix...fuckin win.

i guess what im saying is im not saying the veggie/meat is better...thats my whole fucking point...we don't know, especially considering how unique each body's metabolism/structure/ability to retain muscle is.

just dont go eating globs of butter or processed food and youll be fine.

You're working out and eating healthy - you should see weight gain. But what should be happening is that you're developing muscle and burning fat.

You're working out and eating healthy - you should see weight gain. But what should be happening is that you're developing muscle and burning fat.

this is true. ive "gained" 5 pounds since i started this heavy regimen of cardio everyday...tennis is making my legs a little too bulky imho...the lifting helps too.

i pretty much look fatter, but i know over time its gonna trim itself down...honestly even with doing basic crunches/bicep curls you should begin to see noted changes as soon as two-three workouts.

fuck that.

people take dieting waaay too seriously.

eat whatever fucking feels right, just control portions and make sure you are eating greens and fruit. thats pretty much it.

the way nutrition science goes these days its practically a pseudo-science....shit is being proven/disproven on a daily basis.

meanwhile i see in shape, healthy people and ask what their diet is...surprisingly enough its not all that different from a diet in the 50s: Eggs, sausage, OJ, wheat toast, jam, lots of veggies, an apple/banana or a shake now and then, a little bit of steak or pork or chicken...a few times i got that "all veggie" or "all nuts/berries" diet, but they were certainly in the minority and didn't look like some sort of otherworldly gods in comparison to the meat eaters/egg eaters.

people seriously need to relax on the "THIS IS THE BEST WAY TO EAT" vibe.

just went for an hour bike, did some curls and tricep lifts...feelin pretty good....supplemented that with a few handfuls of trail mix...fuckin win.

i guess what im saying is im not saying the veggie/meat is better...thats my whole fucking point...we don't know, especially considering how unique each body's metabolism/structure/ability to retain muscle is.

just dont go eating globs of butter or processed food and youll be fine.

i'm sure most of tis is otm. supplements and shit are kind of questionable, i suppose. going vegan/tarian is kind of complicated though. for me, i live once, i want to be vegetarian, it's time to stop pondering this change and to make it a full reality. YAWN

For some reason, when i work out the results are usually instantaneous. but when I don't work out for a long period of time, the weight packs on. Luckily when I was working at the last shit hole, they had a bowflex that I used during breaks and walked during lunch time. I did that for a year straight and stayed fit. I didn't do any work outs from december of 2010 til early June and I gained about 15 pounds. I started doing the regimen that I mentioned earlier in the tread and lost 5 pounds since. I want to get back down to 165 again. or at least 170.

my roomie has been veggie for a while and hes pretty physically active.

he uses a lot of garden salad, wheat pasta, peanuts/trail mix, tomatoes, V8, and fruit smoothies with wheat germ which are delicious

i also forgot how delicious yogurt is.

lately ive been eating a lot of tofu...slow cooked and simmered in sesame oil...mmm..

just bought a ton of chicken sausage to cut up and use for pasta...i would love to one day hunt my own game and make things out of them.

SR4, I'm using the word 'diet' as what a person normally eats. Not something that's a short term deviation from what is normally eaten, since those don't work.

mildly confused how to go about doing the 100% vegetarian thing. i don't know what i should eat for lunch tomorrow. lettuce, seeds and...beans?

on a plate?

and water

I eat a lot of pasta, to be honest. And I ate pizza for breakfast this morning. I wouldn't say that's healthy, but I ran out of groceries, and that was the only thing that was left in the fridge.

I would say that not much has changed in my diet pre and post vegetarian, except I cut out the meat part. I really don't think about it that often. Here are some common vegetarian foods:

Grilled cheese sandwiches

Mashed potatoes

Pizza

Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches

Pasta

Ratatouille

Minestrone soup

Potato soup

Tomato soup

Macaroni salad

Stuffing

Vegetable curry

etc.

Vegetarian isn't really that hard since you can still eat dairy. I did vegan for a year without supplements and that was a pain in the ass. I challenge any one of you to go to your local big chain grocery store and try to find generic bread without whey in it :wtf:

SR4, I'm using the word 'diet' as what a person normally eats. Not something that's a short term deviation from what is normally eaten, since those don't work.

on a plate?

and water

I eat a lot of pasta, to be honest. And I ate pizza for breakfast this morning. I wouldn't say that's healthy, but I ran out of groceries, and that was the only thing that was left in the fridge.

I would say that not much has changed in my diet pre and post vegetarian, except I cut out the meat part. I really don't think about it that often. Here are some common vegetarian foods:

Grilled cheese sandwiches

Mashed potatoes

Pizza

Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches

Pasta

Ratatouille

Minestrone soup

Potato soup

Tomato soup

Macaroni salad

Stuffing

Vegetable curry

etc.

Vegetarian isn't really that hard since you can still eat dairy. I did vegan for a year without supplements and that was a pain in the ass. I challenge any one of you to go to your local big chain grocery store and try to find generic bread without whey in it :wtf:

my response wasn't aimed at you..more of a general over-obsession with the "perfect" way to eat and be healthy.

both your responses were very helpful, for real. i'm going shopping tomorrow i'll probably be getting the garden salad, the V8 and a large assortment of vegetables /lentils.

definitely my main focus is the smoothies. i have to forsake anything but wheat pasta [which makes me want to vomit], for caloric reasons

i could easily get by on vegetarian if i was allowed to eat grilled cheese for every meal. i don't think i would ever get tired of that. or maybe i'm just hungry from my 1500 calorie diet intended to help me loose like 50 lbs before next year

If you mix lentils with whole wheat, it forms a perfect protein, so that's a good idea. Black beans and brown rice also form a perfect protein.

Your body has to do less work to break it down, so you get more energy in effect.

Archived