IGNORED

autechre - ts1a

kaini

I love this track! The sounds are easier to listen to than 6852, which I found a bit too harsh.

I'm not sure whether to get just the autechre track or the whole release. It's not SUPER cheap for us American lads. With the GBP to USD conversion, its about 12 dollars, and when you're poor as fuck (me) and don't like paying for downloads with no physical product, plus haven't heard of most of the artists, its a bit harder to throw yourself at the purchase button. The fact that it goes to charity makes a huge difference though.. so I'll probably spend up.

Yeah, after giving it a listen I'll probably buy, some really great stuff on here! Plus you gotta love a band that goes by Wankers United...

the majority of the roster in that tracklisting is ICASEA label mates, and Skam guys.

it's quality assured.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it's an awfull lot of music, for 12 bucks! - 75 tracks!

what else could you get for $12? (serious question. i've never been to the US and have no idea what you could get for $12 that would be equally as decent as this) most if not all the tracks are pretty good, imho. i can 99% guarantee that you will enjoy it more than a $12 meal. :)

I agree, I formally revoke my statements upon hearing the quality of the tracks. $12 here is about what you said, a nice restaurant meal. (i'll eat ramen tonight and take the tracks..)

:)

the majority of the roster in that tracklisting is ICASEA label mates, and Skam guys.

it's quality assured.

i know these labels but am not familiar with their output, so itll be a learning experience to get to know some of these artists

it's an awfull lot of music, for 12 bucks! - 75 tracks!

what else could you get for $12? (serious question. i've never been to the US and have no idea what you could get for $12 that would be equally as decent as this) most if not all the tracks are pretty good, imho. i can 99% guarantee that you will enjoy it more than a $12 meal. :)

I agree, I formally revoke my statements upon hearing the quality of the tracks. $12 here is about what you said, a nice restaurant meal. (i'll eat ramen tonight and take the tracks..)

:)

it's quality assured.

i know these labels but am not familiar with their output, so itll be a learning experience to get to know some of these artists

i envy you. you're about to embark on a journey of AWESOME

Guys.

Autechre: ts1a

Gescom: Tr2a

Yes? No?

that's the first thing i thought of when i saw the title. and the drums do sound slightly similar upon my first listen. so, maybe? who knows with these fuckers, though.

Wow.. I was listening on shit laptop speakers earlier today, but listening on a proper stereo, I'm realizing that this track is not only more complex than I initially thought, but also more fucked. Fucked as in.. dense, and really unleashed. I use these adjectives in a positive sense though. :rdjgrin:

Come to think of it, this track sounds like some sort of drugged out Luigi's Mansion remix. If you listen from around 5:45, it honestly sounds just they're remixing Luigi's Mansion sounds

It's a quite interesting track. To me it sounds like a mix between LP7-era and Quaristice-era AE. Lots of things happening, but still pretty much straightforward. It's as if they've picked up a couple of old patches from their LP7-period again and started fucking around for a couple of days. They're not THAT good that they can record this in one session, right?

LP7?

Also, good track so far. I also want to hear the Ametsub one I saw at the top and the Luke Vibert one.

It's a quite interesting track. To me it sounds like a mix between LP7-era and Quaristice-era AE. Lots of things happening, but still pretty much straightforward. It's as if they've picked up a couple of old patches from their LP7-period again and started fucking around for a couple of days. They're not THAT good that they can record this in one session, right?

LP7?

Also, good track so far. I also want to hear the Ametsub one I saw at the top and the Luke Vibert one.

I can vouch HIGHLY for the Ametsub track. It's gorgeous.

LP7?

It's what you get if you press EP7 on digital vinyls...

Prolly nobody will get this, but that's what you get when you're one of the lucky few to be able to listen to teh digital vinyls, i guess. It comes with the territory.

Also, the melodies and the algorithmic fuckery remind me of LP7. Even for you analogue vinyl bastards some of it must be recognizable?

Deep frustration here, bought the album, received download link, clicked, error, clicked, error, clicked, error, OK try Firefox, repeat, back to Safari, click, error, click, your download has expired. And no response from the Bandcamp website in 8 hours of US daytime.

Deep frustration here, bought the album, received download link, clicked, error, clicked, error, clicked, error, OK try Firefox, repeat, back to Safari, click, error, click, your download has expired. And no response from the Bandcamp website in 8 hours of US daytime.

Wow that sucks. I wonder how long this will be available. I don't have extra cash at the moment.

sorry to hear you had problems.

i managed to download the 2.1GB FLAC download in 20 mins without any issues. have you tried restarting your modem?

I've been away from my computer but when I get to it, I'm pulling the chute on that song. I like reading about it in the meantime though.

edit: oh snaps, it works on my phone :facepalm:

Archived