IGNORED

autechre - ts1a

kaini

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I liked the track. Lots of good percussion and crazy melody stuff. The comp had a bunch of other good tracks too. Very nice :P

Bought the whole thing. Immediately loved the Ae track! Also: Dalglish is there :) Bought flac release, but have not enough time (only 300 kbyte/s download) and downloaded mp3 at first... I hope the flac download will still work tomorrow...

can't afford this but I'm listening on the website and every track so far is a beast!! Autechre track is gorgeous, love the style they've gone for with it. Also worth noting is the Team Doyobi track. Euuuuuuurgh it's good

There are 76 tracks... The 76 th track is awesome, 24 min 38 sec long, with nice crunchy sounds, but with no artist ID... Just Icasea

idm loves japan

great track! sounds somewhere in between 6852 and blifil, and on first impression i think i like it more than 6852. the line-up of artists on this release is impressive, i'm excited to check out the rest of the tracks.

edit - whoa there's even a mogwai track on this, crazy. i would have freaked out over this back in high school when all i was listening to was autechre and mogwai.

Guest nsixqatsi

i'm finding this track really hard to get into.

but i am feeling hopelessly fully jaded the fuck out and with no patience for any single thing that exists in the mediaverse so i dunno maybe i just suck right now.

but i am feeling hopelessly fully jaded the fuck out and with no patience for any single thing that exists in the mediaverse so i dunno maybe i just suck right now.

is this the first time AE has used a 909 drum kit on a track?

maphive6.1?

that's an 808. it doesn't just seem like a 909 samples kit (like the 808 does on Maphive6.1) it actually sounds like a live recording of either an actual 909 or a hardware emulation like an xbase09

Guest sirch

Sounds kinda like the Tuss in a way.

yes, i got that, too.. but was leaning more toward a Jimi Tenor /Tuss collab, almost, hmmm.

it also has a slight note of Squarepusher and an odd aroma of Speedy J combined with early Nightmares on Wax, i feel.

seriously, tho,... fuck the Tuss!

Guest sirch

seriously, tho,... fuck the Tuss!

No don't

apologies :)

i'm just sick of hearing about the frikkin' Tuss, that's all.

back to the Ae track/comp, 'tis good, very good. i like.

takes so long to get through, though. have to do it parts. :music:

nae bother, tho.

At a moment it made me think about Vsnares. Pig Dync on Horsey Noises. The 7/4 rhythm + snappy 909 snare. Very good track anyway !

Hate to say it but i really can't get in to the Ae track at all. There's absolutely nothing to grab on to in it. It's one of the most irritatingly hectic tracks i've ever heard.

"6852" really knocked me for six the other day though when i listened to it again for the first time in a while.....suppose ya win some ya lose some.

Hate to say it but i really can't get in to the Ae track at all.

Same here... I've listened to it a bunch more and it's growing on me a little bit, but this is harder for me to appreciate than most other ae tracks.

Yeah I know what you mean. If your brain isn't in Autechre Mode, then it won't happen.

Even then if your brain is in Autechre Mode, it might not happen.

Sometimes you have to be in that Autechre Ninja mode, to get it.

And that's hard work sometimes.

Sweeet Jesus I am stoned.

:whistling:

For some reason these two lines in conjunction got a real life lol out of me, well done.

For some reason these two lines in conjunction got a real life lol out of me, well done.

No worries. It can be a tricky path to navigate for me when going green, usually I have 5 beers and then a smoke and disappear quickly to bed. Tonight it's been the other way round (and makes much more sense). Autechre always sound fucking awesome when everything goes green.

Archived