IGNORED

When taxidermy goes bad

Guest -Ad-

^ you have to see the two together for maximum effect

i'm getting a

"she hasn't finished her tea this morning. she knows." breaks fourth wall and stares at camera

vibe from that series

guys i just want to curl up with these animals in real life. can we get a fucking geppetto in here to pinocchio these things?

Edited by KY

• 1 month later...

BoingBoing.net just upped the ante:

greatimage.jpg

YanquiUXO, the Reddit user who originally posted this sign says that it comes from the Harvard Museum of Natural History, which hosts an annual event that allows artists to set up installations and performance art inside the museum. This is one of those pieces.

I can't find the name of the artist of this particular piece, though, so if you know, holler.

Many of the Redditors have wondered whether this piece took real-life inspiration from a lion that was famously (poorly) taxidermied for the King of Sweden in 1731. I have no idea, but the lion itself must be seen to be believed. The derp is strong with this one.

VASEE.jpg

SupaLOL™

The hapless Swede who did that probably only had the Swedish coat of arms or some similar heraldry to use as a reference, hence the ridiculous tongue. And the rest of it probably looks ridiculous because Sweden is silly.

Sweden_greater_coat_of_arms.jpg

Too much arty stuff that's not really bad taxidermy here, but it's still ok because the thread brings a million lols. I'm pretty sure I took a picture of a good one in Gothenburg in Sweden, I'll post it when I find it.

Guest nene multiple assgasms

someone should make a movie where all these things come to life and fight scandinavian terrorists.