IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

Except, you quote 12v DC there, most devices that run on batteries can accept fluctuating voltages, check the output on a car battery, it fluctuates wildly, and most devices that run offa car batteries can accommodate this happily.

ah ok. Thanks for that clarification. though if it accepts fluctuating voltages it will say on the back, no? i havent got anything that does in my studios

anyway, if it doesnt say, check the manufacturers website/manual to be sure innit

In theory a power supply that has a box on it or the plug transforms the voltage [etc] and will prob put a clean voltage into the synth [or else you'd prob get loads more hum than ever!] and anything that has the transformer inside will probably be happier with a sloppy voltage and or have a voltage switch on it so you don't send UK current into a poor US circuit.

So don't plug your korg into a car battery just yet, even if it says 12v on the back!

Or you may have a 3rd world problem.

My 5 star review rating (consisting of one single 5 star review) on Amazon has now gone, due to someone giving my book 1 out of 5 stars, claiming it's the most boring thing they've ever read...ever. Now I have a 3 star average on US amazon, which will likely never change now. Not to mention my solitary review on UK amazon of 3 stars, from someone who didn't even finish reading.

True, the person who gave me the 1 star rating seems to rate everything low and is marked as mostly unhelpful by other readers, but still...the score is now emblazoned on the wall for all to see. I should just switch to writing Twilight fan fiction.

:cattears:

Edited by Bechuga

3/4 of the stuff on my Start Menu has vanished and I've wiped all the previous system restores so can't get it back. Will probably only take about 30 minutes to manually put stuff back again but ..... where did it go :(

3/4 of the stuff on my Start Menu has vanished and I've wiped all the previous system restores so can't get it back. Will probably only take about 30 minutes to manually put stuff back again but ..... where did it go :(

:fear:

Someone stole my car two days ago. It was parked out in front of my girlfriends place and when I woke up, it was gone. Checked the tow-yards, called the police, chatted with a decently friendly officer, then begrudgingly went to catch the bus.

The dick who stole my car added 1 hour to my daily commute due to busses being shitty in my particular area. Fucking human piece of garbage... The allure of driving a 92' honda accord must have overwhelmed him...

Sorry to hear that. Hondas built before 1997 apparently *are* irresistible, though:

http://www.latimes.com/business/autos/la-fi-hy-honda-accord-most-stolen-car-20140814-story.html

Laptops generally have higher voltage than drives..

The actual disk may still be salvageable if it really needs it ?

Yep the drive is very possibly intact, when I get a chance I will get an enclosure for it.

PS sorry about the car blysk! Never had a car nicked, which is quite lucky considering I normally drive ancient piles of crap from the 1990s which could be broken into and hotwired with a paperclip...

My 5 star review rating (consisting of one single 5 star review) on Amazon has now gone, due to someone giving my book 1 out of 5 stars, claiming it's the most boring thing they've ever read...ever. Now I have a 3 star average on US amazon, which will likely never change now. Not to mention my solitary review on UK amazon of 3 stars, from someone who didn't even finish reading.

True, the person who gave me the 1 star rating seems to rate everything low and is marked as mostly unhelpful by other readers, but still...the score is now emblazoned on the wall for all to see. I should just switch to writing Twilight fan fiction.

I'll give you a 5 star, pm me the link, I can tell it's quite good without even reading whatever it is.

Some fucker went rummaging through my car the other night on the one night I happened to forget to lock it, the only thing they really grabbed was a few of my CDs out of the center console... Which most of them are probably sitting on the side of a road somewhere as the fuckers seemed to have tossed all the albums astray as they drove off. Found a few of them scattered in the parking lot and parts of cases of others. Managed to save my copy of the latest Pallbearer and Triptykon, but the rest of what I had in there is gone, among that was my copy of Syro so now all I have is an empty case... motherfuckers.

Edited by ghOsty

I'll give you a 5 star, pm me the link, I can tell it's quite good without even reading whatever it is.

+1

+1

Cheers guys :catsalute:

Actually the 1 star one review is even worse as she says 'most boring book ever and I've scanned a lot' :cerious:

I know I should quit, but I fucking love smoking.

Also, in Myanma at 80 cents a pack, you can't afford not to smoke.

=(

but you seem like a really healthy guy otherwise... Don't you go running and stuff and have body fat of like 0.5%??? (I think I saw a pic of you in the recent pics thread like a year ago and you were ripped!)

I smoke occasionally too, if I'm drinking a stiff drink like scotch or cognac. I'm guilty.

Actually the 1 star one review is even worse as she says 'most boring book ever and I've scanned a lot' :cerious:

I feel ya.. got a one-star review on the App Store, feels like a punch in the guts despite the guy obv. just being a prick.

idiots - the internetz has em plenty.

definitely FWP kek

I know I should quit, but I fucking love smoking.

Also, in Myanma at 80 cents a pack, you can't afford not to smoke.

=(

but you seem like a really healthy guy otherwise... Don't you go running and stuff and have body fat of like 0.5%??? (I think I saw a pic of you in the recent pics thread like a year ago and you were ripped!)

I smoke occasionally too, if I'm drinking a stiff drink like scotch or cognac. I'm guilty.

My body fat used to be really low, when I was doing home renovations. I've been a lazy fuck for like the last year though.

I loathe jogging, when I'm not being a lazy fuck I play soccer, badminton, ultimate, and basketball. I'm sure I'll cut back when I get back to Canada, the economics of it just don't make sense in Canada.

I feel ya.. got a one-star review on the App Store, feels like a punch in the guts despite the guy obv. just being a prick.

definitely FWP kek

Wouldn't be so bad if they actually experienced the product fully before they reviewed but still... :catsob:

definitely FWP kek

Wouldn't be so bad if they actually experienced the product fully before they reviewed but still... :catsob:

John Kennedy Toole wrote one of the best novels of the century and killed himself cause nobody would publish it. So be thankful people are actually reading your work

I ate far too much rich food at the posh pub in Marylebone I went to with my lady.

We had to wait 40mins for our starter because they forgot about us so they gave us free wine and starters.

Then we ordered steak.....

I have to move all of my stuff into my friend's basement for a week because I can't move my stuff into a room I'm renting til November 1st >:(

definitely FWP kek

John Kennedy Toole wrote one of the best novels of the century and killed himself cause nobody would publish it. So be thankful people are actually reading your work

Oh of course! I've been rejected plenty so far, so being up on Amazon, if for minor pittance and only getting any downloads when the book is free is definitely better than just having a manuscript rotting on my desk.