IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

my internet's going to shit and I can't figure out why. it's gotten progressively worse over the last 5 months or so. tried 3 different routers, wired vs wireless, isolating devices, etc. can't figure out the root cause. SNR and attenuation readings seem ok. I think maybe it's the wiring in the house, we do have dodgy electrical/phone wiring.

worse in what way?

i also nearly went mad with internet troubles a while ago (dns wouldn't work properly and sites often failed to open) and even changed isp only to realize that my torrent settings were stupid (too many allowed connections, when i thought only bandwidth matters which was limited) and clogged the internets.

Edited by eugene

nah, nothing like DNS/routing trouble, just signal trouble I think. and across a number of devices, wired and wireless. total speeds have gotten worse and worse, it got so bad the other day that I couldn't download an album off the Ninjatune site cos it kept crawling and eventually aborted.

what's the point of the new lana del ray/eli roth "short film" leak? is it something to do with bill cosby, or is it just eli trying to be "fucking crazy" as usual?

Edited by Nebraska

nah, nothing like DNS/routing trouble, just signal trouble I think. and across a number of devices, wired and wireless. total speeds have gotten worse and worse, it got so bad the other day that I couldn't download an album off the Ninjatune site cos it kept crawling and eventually aborted.

i had 3 engineers out, attenuation, changed router to a new one, that got swapped out again for another.. massive head scratching - was getting 25Mb/s on a 150Mb/s line..

turned out the cat had chewed through one of the cables which was causing interference & not one of us had noticed

i had 3 engineers out, attenuation, changed router to a new one, that got swapped out again for another.. massive head scratching - was getting 25Mb/s on a 150Mb/s line..

turned out the cat had chewed through one of the cables which was causing interference & not one of us had noticed

hmmm. will check that.

The cheap flavoured coffee I bought makes me sweat profusely and feel like I'm on really sketchy drugs.

And that's after only one cup.

probably some weird preservative or flavouring/colouring/bulking agent that you're having a reaction to. I'd ditch it.

The cheap flavoured coffee I bought makes me sweat profusely and feel like I'm on really sketchy drugs.

my roomate bought that hazelnut creamer... smells amazon

I can't grow a beard. 21yo next year; my life is ruined.

Same here. I try every year to grow a little beard+moustache during Movember and it always turns pretty ridiculous.

We should open a Movember Fail Thread by the end of the month !

probably some weird preservative or flavouring/colouring/bulking agent that you're having a reaction to. I'd ditch it.

My girlfriend is having the same reaction, but she really likes it... aside from the sweatiness part. It is sort of fun. 7-11 coffee has the same effect.

my roomate bought that hazelnut creamer... smells amazon

I refer to that product as the "sick maker". Does smell amazing though, but not really worth it.

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

Unwittingly put on a t-shirt that happened to have a spider's egg sack hidden in it and ended up festooned with loads of little spider dudes crawling all over me. Put the t-shirt in a safe place for the rest to hatch and do their thing in peace before I try to wear it again

Unwittingly put on a t-shirt that happened to have a spider's egg sack hidden in it and ended up festooned with loads of little spider dudes crawling all over me. Put the t-shirt in a safe place for the rest to hatch and do their thing in peace before I try to wear it again

I have friends who would probably jump off a cliff rather than have that happen to them.

I thought that's why people drink coffee.