IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

Even if my flight leaves on time, I'm going to be at the airport for the next five hours being bombarded by CNN prime time.

This new tapatalk update injects ads into the middle of the thread which are hard to scroll past without accidentally hitting with your finger, for obvious reasons.

I've held out for pretty long, but fuck it, I'm done.

It's total shit.

Here's a follow up post to yesterday's bullshit.

The very first thing I do is to ask our finance guy whose name I should create the App Store account in. He gives me the info, I go create the account and set it up to his email address. I then ask him to click on the confirmation mail, but because he's fixing everyone's salery today he doesn't have time to fucking forward me the email. So again I'm stuck... working on my own personal MacBook Pro... for the 11th month in a row.

Also, the office I was supposed to move all my shit into is being used as a meeting room and has been booked all day.

Oh, and another thing, we've gone through this value course over the last couple of months. It's been fucking terrible. They've created these fictional characters called "Winnie Wow", "Sitting Responsibull", "Charlie Challenger" etc. that represent our values. It's fucking cringeworthy. Anyway, they wanted us to focus on creating "wow" (to impress clients etc.), to challenge our status quo and so on and so on. It's fine and all but why treat us like fucking kids? Winnie Wow? Give me a fucking break.

Well anyway, our very last assignment was to go around to some colleagues who are ambassadors for some of the values and ask them for help in certain situations. Come on now, people... I know how to fucking behave, and since I'm the only sound engineer at the office I know how deal with the problems I run into.

But, because I didn't complete the last assignment, my boss refuses to give me my course diploma, hahahaha.

Are the situations pre-determined or can WATMM create the situations for you?

Whoever's currently living below me bangs on my floor if I play music after 9PM. I've never had this problem before. Legally I'm within my rights to make noise (within reason) until 10pm, but I'm not a dick like that. I can still watch movies with explosions and ridiculousness well past midnight tho. I'm not sure if this is the same tenant with the sado-sex-torture-murder yelp dog or a new one. Dog's been pretty quiet lately if it is. Otherwise I'd have reason to bang back.

Whoever's currently living below me bangs on my floor if I play music after 9PM. I've never had this problem before. Legally I'm within my rights to make noise (within reason) until 10pm, but I'm not a dick like that. I can still watch movies with explosions and ridiculousness well past midnight tho. I'm not sure if this is the same tenant with the sado-sex-torture-murder yelp dog or a new one. Dog's been pretty quiet lately if it is. Otherwise I'd have reason to bang back.

Figure out what apt number it is and pay them a visit?

And then pee on their welcome mat!

haha, great suggestions. I know for sure which apt # it is. I shall deuce thrice in a bag, place it on their welcome mat, then pee on the deuce bag.

I shall deuce thrice in a bag, place it on their welcome mat, then pee on the deuce bag.

scorpion_strangulation_fatality_mk_by_ae

Edited by StephenG

Don't forget to include Fruit Loops cereal in the deuce bag

I could never forget that. I will also include a copy of the latest Fruity Loops Studio software so they know I'm really not such a bad guy.

did you send him that? you should.

She wouldn't get it. Trust me. Yesterday I overheard the same person say, "I know what WeTransfer is, but I don't know how to use it". We're talking about a 32-35-ish year old woman.

She wouldn't get it. Trust me. Yesterday I overheard the same person say, "I know what WeTransfer is, but I don't know how to use it". We're talking about a 32-35-ish year old woman.

just put them out of their misery.

pillow_kill_9156.jpg

pillow_kill_9156.jpg

And just to be sure...

tumblr_kuzvq6bBgE1qzeyh0.gif

there is a 3 second gap between knowing what wetransfer is and knowing how to upload something. just go to their site, it literally explains everything for you.

Exactly!

Some people are simply afraid of new things. Must make their everyday life really hard.

pillow_kill_9156.jpg

And just to be sure...

tumblr_kuzvq6bBgE1qzeyh0.gif

lol

squee - i think it's also a laziness / lack of personal responsibility thing, at least in a lot of cases. 'oh i can't figure it out, someone else can do it'

Oh, absolutely! No doubt about it.

"Can't someone else do it?"

had a coworker damn near explode on me for using a computer she was...logged into, not really using...she had another one to use, like 4 feet away (i could only use the one, it's set up to connect w/ a database)... she immediately accused me of treating her as "subhuman" and she stormed off yelling about me, then when i saw her by the bus stop, about two feet from me, she wouldn't even look at me. i can barely believe how personally she took that, lol. and about an hour before this she sassed the shit out me and refused to do something to help me unless i said please.

there's one in every business, i guess.

:cerious:

Oh yeah, I would love to have a smash room next to my control room. There's a whole lot of programs crashing and subsequent rage building. The version of Ableton I have saves a backup automatically to the last undo tho, so I can almost always recover my work... provided I can get the file to open without a "serious error occured, ableton will now force close" message/force close. Those sometimes set me back a couple hours while I figure out how to trick ableton to open without crashing automatically on a saved file. Cubase does this too from time to time, which is a lot scarier since it's often for recording files that clients have spent weeks with me on. Luckily I've been able to find a way around it every time. But it sure is a headache/heart attack.

Zephyr_Nova, I feel your pain. I was once tricked into using Windows ME which convereted every DAW into a crash machine...

I recently picked my nose, and since my phone is bassically attached to my hand, I have an indent of a slightly aged communication device on the side of my cheek surrounded by a red spot and the little scraps of extra flaming hot crunch cheetos formly at the end of my finger, and now in my nose, is not helping the overall what began as a unconscious sensation...

Gotta print some ppt slides for uni, to take notes and shit "but tsg it's 2015 the fuck are you doing printing powerpoint slides just take notes with your laptop" SHUT UP

Well it's REALLY HARD to find a place that prints those slides in a simple 2x3 pattern properly

Can't do it at home cause my printer's shit and 9/10 times a blotch of ink is bound to appear somewhere ruining the whole thing

And everywhere I go to get it printed they fuck it up somehow, half the pages upside down or stuff like that

goddamit