IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

I've been sleeping such bad hours. Like I sleep at 3am and I wake up at 2pm. I'm on vacations right now so that's a reason, tho i don't like it. Any tips, dudes?

I've been sleeping such bad hours. Like I sleep at 3am and I wake up at 2pm. I'm on vacations right now so that's a reason, tho i don't like it. Any tips, dudes?

Take an extra strength sleeping pill earlier in the night (like 9PM) and try to pass out, set an alarm to make sure you wake up early. Then do the same thing the next night except take half a sleeping pill, then a quarter the next night. Then no sleeping pill. Your body should have adjusted and you should get sleepy early in the night. This has worked for me in the past.

Also try to make sure you're not overstimulated during the night (video games, TV etc). Read a book instead.

Take an extra strength sleeping pill earlier in the night (like 9PM) and try to pass out, set an alarm to make sure you wake up early. Then do the same thing the next night except take half a sleeping pill, then a quarter the next night. Then no sleeping pill. Your body should have adjusted and you should get sleepy early in the night. This has worked for me in the past.

Also try to make sure you're not overstimulated during the night (video games, TV etc). Read a book instead.

thanks. will buy some pills then. also yeah you're right, I've been playing vidya too much (for my standards) so I'll read a book :)

The water does sit slightly higher than usual in this toilet because I need to replace a part but nothing drastic.

Do I have permanent poo-water dick now? I'm scared.

thanks. will buy some pills then. also yeah you're right, I've been playing vidya too much (for my standards) so I'll read a book :)

The sleeping pills can be habit forming and cause dependency that's why I ween myself off by taking smaller and smaller doses.

I hope it works for you!

freakishly long penis, or plumbing issues?

knowing stepheng, not knowing what a bidet is for

:dadjoke:

haha I don't have a bidet! They're not really a thing in Canada.

Edited by StephenG

north american toilets have the water right up near your arse dont they

knowing stepheng, not knowing what a bidet is for

:dadjoke:

/bearded smilie gif

Sleeping pills are terrible. Force yourself to wake up early after a late night, get good and tired throughout the day, and then go to bed at a reasonable hour, naturally tired. Then make sure you wake up around 8 hours later. IMO. You will feel like crap for the reset day and then wonderful the next.

Don't sit in front of a computer or TV screen or you'll never fall asleep on time. Do something under low incandescent lighting instead (for at least an hour before bed). If you need to use the computer, make sure to run f.lux to keep the harsh blue light to a minimum.

No offense, Stephen, but I wouldn't recommend sleeping pills to anyone. Like, ever.

Edited by baph

Just set your alarm for 8 and put the alarm far enough away that you can still hear it but you have to get out of bed to hear it.

Just set your alarm for 8 and put the alarm far enough away that you can still hear it but you have to get out of bed to hear it.

that never works for me, even tried hiding it in a closet behind a bunch of junk, still end up back in bed.

Sleeping pills are terrible. Force yourself to wake up early after a late night, get good and tired throughout the day, and then go to bed at a reasonable hour, naturally tired. Then make sure you wake up around 8 hours later. IMO. You will feel like crap for the reset day and then wonderful the next.

No offense, Stephen, but I wouldn't recommend sleeping pills to anyone. Like, ever.

It really depends on the person. Generally I do agree with you, sleeping pills are shitty.

But I've had a substance abuse issue in the past where I NEED to drink or smoke weed to sleep, so sometimes the only way out was not to drink or smoke weed and use a sleeping pill.

Otherwise I would be sleepless for days which led to seizures etc.

Even without substance abuse issues some people find it very difficult to change their sleep patterns naturally....

Having a cat that whines incessantly until you wake up to feed it helps. That's what changed me from a sleep-in-til-noon guy to a begrudgingly get up at 9am guy. Now I fall asleep during the shows/movies I watch at night. I miss the old me.

Having a cat that whines incessantly until you wake up to feed it helps. That's what changed me from a sleep-in-til-noon guy to a begrudgingly get up at 9am guy. Now I fall asleep during the shows/movies I watch at night. I miss the old me.

The glamorous life of cat ownership can be filled with regret, I know.

General manager at my new job seems a bit spacey and forgetful and I'm hoping this doesn't end up being a long term problem... Apologies this might get long, but I gotta vent.

I had requested off the 17th-20th (Fri-Mon), to go to a friend's wedding out of state. I spoke with my manager about it at the beginning of last week about how this had been planned for months before I was hired. He seemed okay with this, and we then made a memo on a post-it note which I then handed to him and he slapped it on the schedule. I even stopped in on Thursday to check my schedule for later in the week and my co-workers seemed to acknowledge that I was indeed going out of town this weekend. I assumed that meant everyone understood I was going to be gone. I had planned to stay through today and drive back tomorrow, but I ended up coming back a day early figuring I'd hang around the apartment and rest from travelling for a day before I had to go back to work...

Instead, today (Sunday) I get a call around 11:45am asking where I am and if I planned on coming into my shift. I told him I was on the road many hours away still and that I had requested off through the 20th. He tells me that as far as he understood that I only needed Friday and Saturday off (wtf?). He also asks me "didn't you notice you were scheduled when you came in on Thursday to check your schedule?" Sure I did, but I had been on there since before our discussion even, and since everyone seemed to acknowledge that I was going out of town on Thursday, and with the memo that had been placed on the schedule I assumed everyone knew the deal. Despite reminding him that I had asked through the 20th off he tells me that I am still scheduled tomorrow and asks if I'm coming in. I tell him I guess I'll be there I guess since I happen to be coming back earlier than I planned. He says "Well I guess we'll just call this a mix-up" Sure I guess, even though you kinda fucked up, Bob no idea what the hell happened with the memo that was left... Honestly, don't know what he would've done had I not happened to be coming back today. Kinda BS, but whatever, the job itself isn't too bad so far and my other co-workers seems alright so we'll see how things play out. It's only my 2nd full week at this place.

Edited by ghOsty

One of those people that both fucks up the roster constantly and never likes to admit that it was his fault on anything, good luck with that, we've got one of those. Still though you need the job to make the money. I hope the wedding was fun.

I've developed a really bad habbit of comfort-eating recently, downing a pack of lays chips and a can of Cola everyday-and it's probably gonna get worse cus i just can't cope with shit anymore.

I've developed a really bad habbit of comfort-eating recently, downing a pack of lays chips and a can of Cola everyday-and it's probably gonna get worse cus i just can't cope with shit anymore.

I've been eating "right" for a long while now and god do I miss just eating a ton of crap and not feeling guilty about it. Just enjoying greasy chips and sugary drinks without worrying

gaycebook finally locked my account, bye bye faceblart.

I don't normally post on controversial things or add many friends, to fly under the radar, anyway i did recently write a reply about not getting bogged down in divisive politics on some random post by a celeb and some riled up divisive politics femnazi stated 'that's probably not even your real name', i guess despite me immediately deleting my comment, she's vindictively and for no reason for some person she's never met before and who wasn't even replying to her, bothered to send a complaint for to facezart with her suspicions so now they've locked my account.

hahaha, oh nos, no more nsa spying (through that conduit), and pointless friendspam, i'm so troubled. Still though, what a bitch. The modern archetypal radical lefties really can be the worst, most vindictive and ignorant pplz.

of course i could just create another account under a different name. heh. we'll see how tempted i get.