IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

I feel I'm going through some hard phases in my life right now. Between the present and the uncertainty of tomorrow my mind is full of thoughts that make me feel fear and laziness...

Hmmm, I think I need to do something more... Right now my life is basically: wake up, go to school, return home, waste time trying to find inspiration but I don't do nothing do chores, sleep, repeat.

Any tips for me to change routine? It fucking sucks!

Do psilocybin

fo' real or am I being fooled?

No it's good advice. Make sure you're on a bike as well

Take up a non-creative hobby? Something physical... bike riding, swimming, a sport? Sports are good because you can meet lots of new people.

yep... Need to do that, tho I don't know if gym or another stuff... A bike would be cool, will try to buy one.

I feel I'm going through some hard phases in my life right now. Between the present and the uncertainty of tomorrow my mind is full of thoughts that make me feel fear and laziness...

Hmmm, I think I need to do something more... Right now my life is basically: wake up, go to school, return home, waste time trying to find inspiration but I don't do nothing do chores, sleep, repeat.

But if every day is the same then why feel any uncertainty as to what tomorrow will bring? You know what it will be: a repeat of the day before, and before, and before...

You're afraid to break the cycle. You don't need to smash it to pieces but create a slot where something productive can be done. As for finding inspiration...I don't know, I have a friend who says similar things and has said the same things for the last three years and hasn't changed at all, no matter what I suggest / link him to / offer, he talks about being bored but doesn't change. I don't think anything we say can change anything. It's up to you, man.

If you know the routine sucks, you have to figure out how to change it. We can help with what you decide, but it's you that needs to decide, otherwise the cycle will repeat forever...

The cycle...the cycle...

Bicycle!

:bicycle:

Edited by Bechuga

Do psilocybin

Shrooms actually do help me from time to time. I usually have a good session with my missus' and my brother, we laugh a lot, get some serious shit out, listen to some warped tunes, and generally feel like we're "reset" after that.

Take up a non-creative hobby? Something physical... bike riding, swimming, a sport? Sports are good because you can meet lots of new people.

yep... Need to do that, tho I don't know if gym or another stuff... A bike would be cool, will try to buy one.

I really think it's a good angle. I preach, but it's something I should take up too. I already work out on my own but I should take my own advice and get a hobby. =/

I think I heated my chai masala too much. It's a tad bitter.

See if you lived in a third world country, you could have had a chai wallah do you up proper, guvenor.

I think I heated my chai masala too much. It's a tad bitter.

See if you lived in a third world country, you could have had a chai wallah do you up proper, guvenor.

Indeed.

The best cup of Chai I had was in Thailand actually. We went rock climbing and this local Thai guy was all.. how do I explain? Apparently there's a decently sized rasta subculture there? Anyway this guy in dreads smoking a joint ground up the spices right in front of us, took about 30 minutes to get a cup.

I'll never forget how it tasted.

I keep misreading MDM C's username as MDMA Chaos.

I'm looking after a mate's cat while he's on holiday and spent a good 45 minutes this evening trying to coax the adorable wee fucker down from the roof, reckon something must have spooked her during the day. I'm hoping no neighbours were listening because it'll have sounded like I was trying to talk down an unusually silent suicide case called Felix.

Edited by Leon Sumbitches

get one of them swipe keyboards then - the predictive on mine, i might as well just press space and let android talk for me

Lol the same time that would be great to see you again Continue Shopping and entertainment venues in the UK and Overseas and I will move to getting a deposit on it asap and send it to the Gumtree team of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed to the faceplate colour and I'll get them ordered asap and send it to the Gumtree team of the individual or entity.

See what I mean. Unmistakably a post by me

But if every day is the same then why feel any uncertainty as to what tomorrow will bring? You know what it will be: a repeat of the day before, and before, and before...

You're afraid to break the cycle. You don't need to smash it to pieces but create a slot where something productive can be done. As for finding inspiration...I don't know, I have a friend who says similar things and has said the same things for the last three years and hasn't changed at all, no matter what I suggest / link him to / offer, he talks about being bored but doesn't change. I don't think anything we say can change anything. It's up to you, man.

If you know the routine sucks, you have to figure out how to change it. We can help with what you decide, but it's you that needs to decide, otherwise the cycle will repeat forever...

The cycle...the cycle...

Bicycle!

:bicycle:

Do psilocybin

Shrooms actually do help me from time to time. I usually have a good session with my missus' and my brother, we laugh a lot, get some serious shit out, listen to some warped tunes, and generally feel like we're "reset" after that.

I really think it's a good angle. I preach, but it's something I should take up too. I already work out on my own but I should take my own advice and get a hobby. =/

thanks guys. I appreciate the help.

yeah, after the correct amount of sleep, exercise is the next most important thing for getting with it mentally. And they feed into each other. After that diet. Then hobbies/creative activities which are realised when you're with it from the first three.

My advice would be take up yoga. loads of nice women people do it, and its good for clearing shit out of your head. if i would have taken it up early i would be very grateful now (i started at 30). having something healthy around you is good. partying, drugs, sex is all good fun, but needs balance with healthy food and exercise else (i) burn out.

ffs

Did some research into albuterol and apparently it can agitate seizure conditions. My doctor prescribed it to me knowing I have a seizure condition. Been having seizure problems since the smoke from the washington/oregon fires has me back on the albuterol.

I almost wonder if using the inhaler when I was a kid predisposed me to a seizure condition.

they're doing burnoffs here, i felt like shit since i woke up, it makes my sinus' sore and i can't think clearly and on and on. it's funny, they want us to reduce our carbon footprint and then do this several times a year. Logic. (and no random naysayer, it wouldn't happen anyway in some in some giant spontaneous fire so therefore managed burns are better, in fact the burns are an idea that makes sense in the dense eucalypt forests of NSW and Victoria, but not for the more open woodland with very different species of eucalypts here, there have been no serious studies that states that it makes things demonstrably better. It's just one of those, 'seems like a good idea on the face of it, if you have the face of a moron' things that's been latched on to by moonunits that don't ever think things through and unthinkingly accepted by everybody because there's the impression from these 'authorities' that it's a positive. It is then implemented by professional arsonists and maniacs that fear snakes and other normal inhabitants of our bushland, and so they end up with this policy encouraging invasive species, destroying biodiversity (this there are studies for, but it's not getting enough attention or funding).)

Headed to Europe next August and I can't get more than 16 days off work. The trip is from Iceland to stay in a sweet lil house with a hot tub and view in Skorradalshreppur, to Ireland, bus/public transport from Dublin to Lough South to stay in a cottage there by the Cliffs of Moher. Then fly to Munich, train to Landshut to see my GF's Grandmother, From there, headed to Castle Lichtenstein for a long ass day trip, then back to Munich, castle trip is to get photos and for metal/castlevania purposes. From Munich to Venice where we will have a gorgeous little apartment to stay in with a deck overlooking the canal. Then we fly back.

16 days is not enough. I'd almost double that so we could hit up Portugal before heading to Munich.

(P.s. sorry to hear the StephenG... That's much more of a problem, this is a first-world problem/boast)