IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

Got "dumped" (complicated relationship thingamajig) because of being a "nice guy". Ugh.

come on man, just be an asshole

I don't want to be and it's not my nature.

i don't understand this concept. why would someone dump you for being nice?

People re-encoding low quality mp3s into 320kbps mp3s and posting them online are my biggest FWP right now. Why is this so common? Makes absolutely no sense. What is anybody gaining from this? Almost makes me want to stop pirating music altogether... but I don't think I could afford my old CD-buying ways right now. Oh yeah, and the gaps!!! I've received legit digital downloads directly from labels where there's gaps between all tracks including the ones that are supposed to flow together. Why the gaps???

:facepalm:

People re-encoding low quality mp3s into 320kbps mp3s and posting them online are my biggest FWP right now. Why is this so common? Makes absolutely no sense. What is anybody gaining from this? Almost makes me want to stop pirating music altogether... but I don't think I could afford my old CD-buying ways right now. Oh yeah, and the gaps!!! I've received legit digital downloads directly from labels where there's gaps between all tracks including the ones that are supposed to flow together. Why the gaps???

:facepalm:

This makes me glad I'm on What.CD. But if you go to Rutracker, the files there are normally not transcodes.

Got "dumped" (complicated relationship thingamajig) because of being a "nice guy". Ugh.

look mate, don't be a nice guy, which doesn't mean be an arsehole

if you like someone don't pretend you don't like them. unless you crush on a friend or decide to become friends with someone who rejects you, friends are friends and crushes are crushes.

There's your problem right there. She probably wasn't that into you mang. Go find a girl who gets dilated pupils, fidgety and won't stop touching her hair when she's around you. They're out there for you and you'll have a hell of a good time. Fuck that "nice guy" shit. Bye Felicia.

Agreed. From my viewpoint (having known people like this) the girls who only like bad boys tend to be immature, superficial and lack any genuine emotional depth whatsoever. They also tend to be looking for a boyfriend like that to piss off "mummy and daddy". Someone like that would never make you happy.

I haven't noticed any defects on my BoC records.

That's good. Probably you got ones that were the recuts of the represseses.

I was kind of late to get them, so that would make sense. I did get them all in 2013, though. I think Hi Scores was the only one I got in 2014

Edited by drillkicker

[

She is suffering from depression. Didn't want to be someone "saved" because she doesn't think she can be saved, which she interpreted my niceness to be. I was just being like I would be with anyone else. But whatever. Hope she finds whatever she is looking for, not sure if she even knows herself what it is. I got my own issues to deal with it. Maybe this relationship thing is just not something for me.

Edited by azatoth

I think I'm finally convinced - I wanna get the hell out of Alaska by next spring. It was like coming home to a ghetto after my AE NA trip.

Come on, Alaska isn't a ghetto. You don't know how good it seems compared to where I moved to. Ever since I got to Southern Maryland, all I've wanted was to go back to Alaska.

When was the last time you were there?

Lately it seems like there's someone getting shot or stabbed every week...large pickups racing down the highway and Fast and Furious wannabes screaming down city streets in their gay-ass spoiler cars...shitty bars...understaffed law enforcement...meth addicts all over...in Anch at least. Maybe I've been living here too long, but I swear it's gotten more chaotic over the past five years.

There's your problem right there. She probably wasn't that into you mang. Go find a girl who gets dilated pupils, fidgety and won't stop touching her hair when she's around you. They're out there for you and you'll have a hell of a good time. Fuck that "nice guy" shit. Bye Felicia.

Agreed. From my viewpoint (having known people like this) the girls who only like bad boys tend to be immature, superficial and lack any genuine emotional depth whatsoever. They also tend to be looking for a boyfriend like that to piss off "mummy and daddy". Someone like that would never make you happy.

Sounds about right.

[

She is suffering from depression. Didn't want to be someone "saved" because she doesn't think she can be saved, which she interpreted my niceness to be. I was just being like I would be with anyone else. But whatever. Hope she finds whatever she is looking for, not sure if she even knows herself what it is. I got my own issues to deal with it. Maybe this relationship thing is just not something for me.

tl;dr who cares sounds like shit.

I believe the simple answer is^

Next?

(no seriously there is no 'answer' so ignore advice just try again, it's roulette. you'll get green eventually just keep sticking $500 euro notes on it. xxxxx love xxxxx

Edited by fenton

[

tl;dr who cares sounds like shit.

I believe the simple answer is^

Next?

(no seriously there is no 'answer' so ignore advice just try again, it's roulette. you'll get green eventually just keep sticking $500 euro notes on it. xxxxx love xxxxx

Yeah. I am just rubbish at roulette.

squee - sounds like those three options aren't too bad! perhaps you have the upper hand here

I think I do. I received a message from my boss Friday afternoon just before the day was over and he said he wanted a meeting with me some time next week about how I feel and my salary. The only thing is, I think he'll get shocked when he finds out how much I want.

[

urgh, i hate how the karpman triangle so often comes into these situations. it's sad that she's not well enough to be with some who cares about her.

the fact that she seems to want herself to be saved (or why would she mention it) but won't allow it for self esteem reasons is not a good sign.

if my mum was here she'd suggest CBT and just staying in touch at a distance to check she's ok. in the meantime, just live your life.

how old is she if you don't mind me asking? some women go through some intense hormonal changes during life.

[

urgh, i hate how the karpman triangle so often comes into these situations. it's sad that she's not well enough to be with some who cares about her.

the fact that she seems to want herself to be saved (or why would she mention it) but won't allow it for self esteem reasons is not a good sign.

if my mum was here she'd suggest CBT and just staying in touch at a distance to check she's ok. in the meantime, just live your life.

how old is she if you don't mind me asking? some women go through some intense hormonal changes during life.

She is 37 and has been battling with severe depression since she was a young teenager. Been on different medications and I guess some therapy too. But nothing seems to work. Has two kids, which is probably the only reason she hasn't committed suicide. Probably a mistake I was involved with her in the first place, wasn't anything exclusive either. I'll just turn the page and move on and for once worry about myself and getting myself in order to be a more wholesome person. Had some good times, but also a streak of sorrow overshadowed as her mom passed away when I was seeing her. The Karpman triangle seems apt, only it seems it was just two victims involved.

Edited by azatoth

I think I'm finally convinced - I wanna get the hell out of Alaska by next spring. It was like coming home to a ghetto after my AE NA trip.

Come on, Alaska isn't a ghetto. You don't know how good it seems compared to where I moved to. Ever since I got to Southern Maryland, all I've wanted was to go back to Alaska.

When was the last time you were there?

Lately it seems like there's someone getting shot or stabbed every week...large pickups racing down the highway and Fast and Furious wannabes screaming down city streets in their gay-ass spoiler cars...shitty bars...understaffed law enforcement...meth addicts all over...in Anch at least. Maybe I've been living here too long, but I swear it's gotten more chaotic over the past five years.

I haven't been there in about five years, but I would be surprised if it's really changed that much in that short amount of time. When I left it was the nicest place in the world.

If they're a masochist, if they don't trust 'nice' people, if they want someone a little bit wicked so they can relax, if they feel you are getting a kick more out of being 'nice' than really relating to them, if they want a bit of toughness because it's what they're used to and associate with love, or if they think toughness might help them get shit together, or if they are looking for an excuse to antagonise you/get out of the relationship

Edited by hoggy

If they're a masochist, if they don't trust 'nice' people, if they want someone a little bit wicked so they can relax, if they feel you are getting a kick more out of being 'nice' than really relating to them, if they want a bit of toughness because it's what they're used to and associate with love, or if they think toughness might help them get shit together, or if they are looking for an excuse to antagonise you/get out of the relationship

i've been accused of being "too nice" by two previous partners, one because i don't push in front of people on public transport and the other because i don't shout at service staff for getting my order wrong. they both saw my being nice as a sign of weakness, and both turned out to be very unpleasant people in the long run.

i've been accused of being "too nice" by two previous partners, one because i don't push in front of people on public transport and the other because i don't shout at service staff for getting my order wrong. they both saw my being nice as a sign of weakness, and both turned out to be very unpleasant people in the long run.

Some people believe you have to be pushy and aggressive in order to be treated with respect and that people who are more passive are dishonourable in some way - I find people who believe that to be a fucking nightmare to be around, because they always have to prove they are tough and challenge everyone around them - and they are often very insecure to have to undermine others (like they did to you in this case)

(but having said that, to them I probably seem very passive aggressive and irritating)

Some people believe you have to be pushy and aggressive in order to be treated with respect and that people who are more passive are dishonourable in some way - I find people who believe that to be a fucking nightmare to be around, because they always have to prove they are tough and challenge everyone around them - and they are often very insecure to have to undermine others (like they did to you in this case)

(but having said that, to them I probably seem very passive aggressive and irritating)

Yeah, fuck these people (the pushy assholes). I do bar/restaurant work and simple politeness goes such a long way and is really appreciated. Even if a customer's asking for something that's a bit of a pain in the hole, as long as they're courteous it makes a world of difference. I always feel like someone's dad when I say this but simple politeness is 10/10, absolutely nowt wrong with being nice.

Edited by Leon Sumbitches

My boss screamed at me today lol, repeatedly said "whos the boss?"and didn't rest till i said "you are", very bizarre moment in my life, laughed all the way tru it cause it was like your typical COCA-head rant you see in the movies (he is an actual cocaine user too but i didnt know he did it this early)

my days are counted for sure, yellow card.

for those wondering why he was screaming at me, the section i do today is closed due to the Chris Columbus massacre celebrations so i decided to take the day off since i have to go to the dentists today i was gonna cut my day short anyways (was gonna work 3 hours today, probably was gonna do fuck all), he didnt like this thats for sure.

Edited by Deer

I just made the mistake of catching up on my work emails from home after a 5-week holiday. in there I found something about the recent promotion round - in which I was 'successful' - being reviewed, and me, along with a bunch of other people, being at risk of losing their (already fucking announced!) promotions. what the fuck is this runaround horseshit.

I just made the mistake of catching up on my work emails from home after a 5-week holiday. in there I found something about the recent promotion round - in which I was 'successful' - being reviewed, and me, along with a bunch of other people, being at risk of losing their (already fucking announced!) promotions. what the fuck is this runaround horseshit.

That sucks, man.

Earlier this year we were told that instead of a raise we would be given a bonus if the company reached the budget goal + an extra 10%. At the time we were told this we were already far behind and everyone immediately saw that the bonus was totally out of reach. Clever, bosses.

Anyway, having a boss SUCKS!