IGNORED

Quinoline Yellow

Caretstik

yeah i kind of finally got the paper towel joke with cyriack parasol after using a portaloo... took a while!

Yeah he had this whole bathroom theme going w/ those Skam releases, like the fold-up baby changing station on the album.

new_kb100_cream_closed%20crop.gif

I woundn't say there 'pointless,but fun little touches'

Actually yeah, what I typed must have come across as more disrespectful and flippant than I intended. What I should've said is that they contribute a whole lot to the releases themselves (no sarcasm here, by the way). I love them, a plain jewel case could've been boring as hell, but that little vial in the side just elevated it to a brilliantly executed piece of record packaging. Even the miniature green plastic cover of uchel001 is ace. Seems to me he made a lot from what I've always assumed to be limited resources. Very clever.

And thanks, I had no idea what that image on Dol Goy Assist was til now.

• 5 months later...
Guest ruiagnelo

Must remember to bump this thread in 2014.

you will be so immersed in listening new boc and aphex that you won't even remember

• 2 months later...

If this does appear anytime soon I hope it'll be a physical release rather than some bandcamp only release. Not that I don't love bandcamp, but I think it's fair to say that all of LMW's releases have had some individual character.

• 2 years later...

Must remember to bump this thread in 2014.

you will be so immersed in listening new boc and aphex that you won't even remember

Had to bump because this is hilarious.

whoa.

Also, not really kept up with this but looks like something called Palisade Mount EP came out last year, was that what this announcement was for?

Looks like he also did a secret thirteen mix and a podcast last year too, so still pretty active.....

hearing it and thinking "Ae doing Analord"

Hah, couldn't have said it better. I like QY more than AE though. Maybe QY is more straighforward which makes it more enjoyable for me. I'm really loving Luke's melodies and crunchy beats. I know I'm stepping on a giant pile of shit but in general AE is too messy for me. Like, some tracks make me think they are complex for the sake of complexity, if that makes any sense. Yes they have some sweet tracks but overall not really my thing. Yet, I love Legofeet!

I think that QY was supposed to release a full album and the promo video wasn't for Palisade mount. The video clerly indicates for an album, not an EP. Was really looking forward to this but I guess something happened. I wonder was it supposed to come out on Skam or Uchelfa.

Hah, couldn't have said it better. I like QY more than AE though. Maybe QY is more straighforward which makes it more enjoyable for me. I'm really loving Luke's melodies and crunchy beats. I know I'm stepping on a giant pile of shit but in general AE is too messy for me. Like, some tracks make me think they are complex for the sake of complexity, if that makes any sense. Yes they have some sweet tracks but overall not really my thing. Yet, I love Legofeet!

I think that QY was supposed to release a full album and the promo video wasn't for Palisade mount. The video clerly indicates for an album, not an EP. Was really looking forward to this but I guess something happened. I wonder was it supposed to come out on Skam or Uchelfa.

Did you listen to Exai by any chance? Or peruse any tracks from that release? I think you'd be in for a treat. Big beats ahoy!

Did you listen to Exai by any chance? Or peruse any tracks from that release? I think you'd be in for a treat. Big beats ahoy!

Well I've played most of the tracks on Youtube a couple of times and like other AE releases it had its moments. Really loved Bladelores (who doesn't...). I can understand why it got so much praise but for some reason I can't get fully into Autechre. I had my frenzy Autechre blast at one point but sadly after awhile I got bored of it. Hopefully some day I'll get into them again. While waiting for it to happen I'll cope fine with QY.

Archived