IGNORED

GESCOM - Skull Snap

Redruth

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Skull Snap has always had a very banged out/one take feel to me, like it was Sean or Rob just messing around. And the last track is criminally short.

I feel that may have been too harsh (sozza Sean/Rob), I listened to it again on the way into work this morning and really enjoyed it.

• 5 months later...

Haven't played this for a while, did so loudly a few minutes ago. It's great loud.

The two "Seventh" tracks are the most nightmarishly noisy bits of vinyl I've ever heard, and they fucking work magnificently. Both sides of my copy actually look like someone took sandpaper to them at very carefully considered 90 degree angles. Like some really artificial distressed jeans from 2000. It's definitely not all in the samples on mine.

lol, gescom.

need something new pls

aren't all the tracks on a1-d1 composed almost entirely from samples? not that that would detract from them in any way, a2 is one of my favourite gescom tracks

• 4 years later...
On 9/3/2013 at 12:12 AM, sweepstakes said:

I think this EP is Rob on an Octatrack.

Could be wrong but the shoe seems to fit.

been listening to a lot this ep lately and i thought about the same thing today! so, i came here to search for samples origin in this thread and found this comment of yours... what a coincidence! 

anyway, i really think it's possible that they used OT for this one, sounds even quite probable 

p.s. i bought vinyl on discogs today, mint for 9 euros + 9 euros for shipping = 18 euros

3 minutes ago, xox said:

been listening to a lot this ep lately and i thought about the same thing today! so, i came here to search for samples origin in this thread and found this comment of yours... what a coincidence! 

anyway, i really think it's possible that they used OT for this one, sounds even quite probable 

They refuted it in the AAA thread shortly after I posted this. It's fun to think about though ?

3 minutes ago, sweepstakes said:

They refuted it in the AAA thread shortly after I posted this. It's fun to think about though ?

lol damn! ? ...mcp then?

or even MDuw with samples > separate channels out > stereorized mono channels in daw?

secondly, what do you guyz think about all those samples used in this release (and a1-d1)? some are very recognizable with very little processing! 

also, do you think that skam cleared those samples, legally? 

1 hour ago, xox said:

lol damn! ? ...mcp then?

or even MDuw with samples > separate channels out > stereorized mono channels in daw?

Yeah, I think it's mostly MPC... Rob confirmed elsewhere that 90101-5l-l from Quaristice is MPC (specifically JJOS1, I believe) and much of Skull Snap has a very similar flavor to that, especially in terms of filters and reverb.

I do think that R Zee Oner Panix was legitimately done on an RZ-1 with just some cheap reverb. Which is fucking dope.

28 minutes ago, sweepstakes said:

I do think that R Zee Oner Panix was legitimately done on an RZ-1 with just some cheap reverb. Which is fucking dope.

uuuu great info! ...dope indeed! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived