IGNORED

Will we ever see another µ-Ziq album?

Guest texan whip

Guest texan whip

I think I read on the Planet Mu forums years ago that Mike had retired the µ-Ziq alias because he thought it was "a silly name". At first I just thought he would carry on releasing under other aliases but there's been nothing from him for years. I know there's been a lengthy dry period with most of the top electronic artists release schedules but I have a gut feeling that Mike has pretty much decided to ditch making music permanently to concentrate on his label. I know there's the odd mix he does but compared to the huge amount of material he did in the 90's it's like he's pretty much thrown in the towel. I hope this is not the case and we see another album someday. He's such a talent. I wasn't keen on his last couple of albums mind but his early stuff was right up there with AFX in my opinion. Have I overlooked any statements by MIke concerning this? Or do any of you know more about his views on making music?

Guest texan whip

That whole interview comes across like he's given up with producing his own music. The 300ZIQ sounds nice but would be composed of old unreleased tit bits - so nothing new as such. Sounds like he wouldn't bother releasing it anyway. Depressing really.

You never know. Duntisborne abbots came pretty much out of nowhere. He seemed to be just as focus on his label at the time of releasing that. And it is a pretty interesting album as well.

• 1 month later...

Archived