IGNORED

Early Drexciya catalogue re-issue

Berk

Not sure if this is jazz, but this is just wonderful news!

Saw this on Clone Facebook page:

An early heads up on one of the forthcoming Clone Classic Cuts we are working on (for those receiving our news letter already heard about it... but).

We will re-issue the early Drexciya catalogue on Clone. We are currently busy restoring the original master tapes, and hopefully we have the first one ready before the end of the year! Of course we will keep you updated on the process.

:music:

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've heard about Drexciya for years, but have never looked into it. What's a good starting point?

Illuminated Displays and

I've heard about Drexciya for years, but have never looked into it. What's a good starting point?

I personally think Neptune's Lair is the best starting point, in my opinion it sounds the most accessible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btOstAZFJTI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eO2C1XNAeaU

any/all of it! imo.

edit: i wonder if a load of old Drex got destroyed in that fire...

anyway this is good!!

PLAY:

[youtubehd]vxTQPJTOpMw[/youtubehd]

yes - neptune's lair is a good place to start

i'm assuming you haven't looked into any other Drexciyan projects in which case....

shifted phases - the memoirs of the late great rupert j rosinthrope

transllusion - the opening of the cerebral gate

lab rat XL - mice or cyborg

elecktroids - elektroworld

dopplereffekt - gesamkunstwerk

every arpanet record

and IMO the best of all Drexciyan works ...

the other people place - lifestyles of the laptop cafe

drexciya - lardossen funk

[youtubehd]GBl780U95eg[/youtubehd]

drexciya - digital tsunami

[youtubehd]jvHDucE6vhM[/youtubehd]

elecktroids - midight drive

[youtubehd]VzMSwTvWzE8[/youtubehd]

transllusion - transmission of life - proper techno so ridiculously heavy it makes a 200bpm gabba kickdrum die of a massive shit attack

[youtubehd]G5zlRKfs9BU[/youtubehd]

Der Zyklus - formenverwandler

[youtubehd]kBKRYBwguqk[/youtubehd]

Lab Rat XL - lab rat 1

[youtubehd]oFW5kbAbPVo[/youtubehd]

the other people place - let me be me

[youtubehd]n5gfgYP2juI[/youtubehd]

the other people place - you said you want me

[youtubehd]GyW91zZVclE[/youtubehd]

probably some good links in this thread

Guest blakeboogie

This is indeed great news. I've got everything after and including Neptune's Lair so it would be great to get hold of some of the tracks on 'The Quest' for under £40 a pop. I mean even the CD version of 'The Quest' is about £70 last time I looked.

Guest Stoppit

I think my copy of the Quest cost about £55....well, it should have been about £40, but i got hit with some stupid import tax because the American seller ticked the wrong box on the package. Pffffttttttt

Guest blakeboogie

I think my copy of the Quest cost about £55....well, it should have been about £40, but i got hit with some stupid import tax because the American seller ticked the wrong box on the package. Pffffttttttt

I'd be happy to pay £40 it's ridiculously good. Why they have never reissued the CD I will never know, I can understand that pressing Vinyl is more hassle but a new print of the CD shouldn't be too hard to organise.

Guest blakeboogie
Clone Records ‎@Michael the first releases will be re-issued (so that wil include the early submerge titles)... not the last couple of albums that recently have been repressed. Exact info will follow.

• 2 months later...

oh wow they needed to do this. i already have it all other than the uncharted S.I.D. 12", but it's great more people can get them.

would love the CD-only unreleased tracks on the quest to get pressed up onto a 2x12" or something... or the clarence g record!

I only need Uncharted S.I.D. 12" too and would love to have the CD only tracks on Quest to have a vinyl release!

from the clone website..

"Since the original releases have such a strong character, appeal and stand on their own, this re-issue can never re-create the magic of those originals. So instead we stirred up the catalogue taking the tracks out of their original context, giving the 'in the know' listener a fresh experience and the new listener a document that is the best possible introduction to the aquatic world of Drexciya."

Glad they did it.. i would say that though wouldn't i.

But why did they mess up the running order of the tracks? WHYYYY?

Yeah I would have liked the original order to be kept in place too, ah well. It's brilliant that they do a reissue, so can't complain really.

any/all of it! imo.

edit: i wonder if a load of old Drex got destroyed in that fire...

anyway this is good!!

Has there been a fire at Clone, or do you mean the fire that was started during those riots in England or something??

from the clone website..

Glad they did it.. i would say that though wouldn't i.

Thats one the more interesting things about the release for me, I am actually hoping theyve done an interesting remaster... Ive got plenty of clone records that sound fantastic mix wise etc, so I'm hoping some of that rubs off...

Archived