IGNORED

Early Drexciya catalogue re-issue

Berk

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome news on the HtS front! Isn't there a mix up with the last track between CD and wax though? Something to do with the naming or the CD contained X track whereas the wax contained Y track?

I think you're thinking of the Shifted Phases album, where the last track is replaced by a HtS track. So it does involve HtS, but the "damage" is to Shifted Phases.

Ah yes, you're right! Flux was that track.

I wonder why they did this, they both fall under the Storm Series. Such a wicked track as well.

I had no choice but to buy the Transllusion represses, and put HtS on my Christmas list :happy:

I wonder why they did this, they both fall under the Storm Series. Such a wicked track as well.

Not planned, just a mess up from Tresor :) they'll probably make up for it in this whole reissue program though!

Dagnammit! Hopefully so, helps with the ocd too heh.

Boomkat seems to ship both Harnessed and Digital Tsunami tomorrow.

Yeah it's on Bleep as well - HtS has already been "released" and can be shipped, whereas the Digital Tsunami EP will be shipped from December 4th.

Too much vinyl to buy, I'm glad Xmas is in sight :emotawesomepm9:

• 2 months later...

Para One just did an awesome 2h mix of Drexciya+Stinson and Donald side projects retracing a bit of history of the Detroit Techno.

And by the way :

WHERE'S THE GRAVA 4 REISSUE, TRESOR ???

StocKo, on 25 Feb 2015 - 4:05 PM, said:

Para One just did an awesome 2h mix of Drexciya+Stinson and Donald side projects retracing a bit of history of the Detroit Techno.

https://soundcloud.com/para-one/para-one-drexciya-mix-on-rinse-fr-240215

And by the way :

WHERE'S THE GRAVA 4 REISSUE, TRESOR ???

Thanks, will put this on right away! edit: can't deal with the French voice-over, too bad.

Clone did Grava 4 though :) I'm guessing (read: hoping) they will pick up on that eventually... I only need that + Abstract Thought in order to complete the storm series.

And if someone would donate the Calabi 2LP to me, that'd be great too. I'm afraid I'll never get that one now that Rephlex is gone.

• 1 month later...

My vinyl reissue of Neptune's Lair is such a skippy piece of shit. Side C is completely unlistenable.

The most recent reissue? I got the reissue from a few years ago and it is flawless.

Yeah, should be the most recent one. Tresor10129LP. There are two other comments on discogs with the same problem.

Side B on mine has a few skips, and C1 has a skip or two, but C2 sounds horrible all the way through.

Don't think I have my receipt anymore, got it from Amoeba in Hollywood a week or two ago and just got around to listening.

edit: gave it a good cleaning first too

My vinyl reissue of Neptune's Lair is such a skippy piece of shit. Side C is completely unlistenable.

The most recent reissue? I got the reissue from a few years ago and it is flawless.

Yeah, should be the most recent one. Tresor10129LP. There are two other comments on discogs with the same problem.

Side B on mine has a few skips, and C1 has a skip or two, but C2 sounds horrible all the way through.

Don't think I have my receipt anymore, got it from Amoeba in Hollywood a week or two ago and just got around to listening.

I doubt contacting Tresor would solve anything, but you could always go to Amoeba? Hope you get something sorted man, that's really shitty.

In other early Drexciya news: there is an EP upcoming on Clone ( https://clone.nl/item34982.html). One short old unreleased track, Black Sea (longer version) and a different mix of Wavejumper (without the skip!).

Maybe a bit obsolete, but a nice addition to the four compilations imo.

This is mindblowing news. I'm kind of disappointed there isn't more tracks and rarities to include with this but still I will be happy. The mix of black sea sounds bit different, like a degraded tape perhaps? I wont complain.

Is the skip on wavejumper that hiccup around 3:00? (I don't have teh vinlys, only digital vinlys) Anyway it's a massive track with or without, would love to know who did the vocals, top notch. Also Black Sea is the tits so yeah.

wow such excite 2 hear of new drexciya 12"; ordered. just this last wk vinally received da recently rereleased Transllusion's 'Mind Over Positive And Negative Dimensional Matter' 12" & bin caining it inna mixy - esp. power of 3rd brain track... soz neighbours lol.

just luv this group's electro. similar vibes w. jason decaires taylor's submerged sculptures :

jasondecairestaylor2.jpg

wow such excite 2 hear of new drexciya 12"; ordered. just this last wk vinally received da recently rereleased Transllusion's 'Mind Over Positive And Negative Dimensional Matter' 12" & bin caining it inna mixy - esp. power of 3rd brain track... soz neighbours lol.

just luv this group's electro. similar vibes w. jason decaires taylor's submerged sculptures :

jasondecairestaylor2.jpg

Reminds me Björk...

otherwise, someone has listened Unknow Journey V? where can i find it? Thanks! ;-)

This vinyl Black Sea / Wavejumper (Aqualung Versions) is great! love these tracks!

Archived