IGNORED

Early Drexciya catalogue re-issue

Berk

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tresor are reissuing Neptune's Lair in May, apparently also Hydro Doorways.

http://boomkat.com/vinyl/988863-drexciya-neptune-s-lair-reissue

Delayed until further notice, no new release date known (I asked Norman Records). Apparently Tresor releases are delayed a lot, but it will come out anyway.

• 4 weeks later...

Man, the Transllusion stuff is hard to get ahold of. Physicals are non existent. I'm interested to hear after Sean or Rob co-signed listening to Dimensional Glide. Any news on whether the plan to re-issue any of the other Storm releases?

Highly recommend the CD versions of a lot of them (since vinyl ones left many tracks off Transllusion & Shifted Phases) The vinyl versions of Opening of the Cerebral gate LP and the Lab Rat XL are absolutely incredible sound-wise. I have CD and vinyl versions of the entire storm series... I feel old even saying the word CD...

I doubt any reissues will be seen anytime soon. That's the drawback of releasing those records all over random labels. It was a genius move at the time but 10+ years later, it's too bad Gerald hasn't taken a more active role in just making sure they are still available...or Clone didn't pull it together to get them all in one place. I'd really like to hear rarities from the 1999-2002 era. Everything on the Journey series seemed like it was from 1994 or earlier.

I managed to listen to OoTCG and I'd put this up there with The Other People Place, above it I think. Tracks like Walking With Clouds, Dimensional Glide, Do You Want to Get Down? gives me reason to listen the LP on a regular basis.

I've noticed that the more ambient/drifty-pad beats are what I'm digging from these guys too, Shifted Phases odes great to those feels.

I started getting into Drexciya after the Deep Sea Dweller reissue series. Glad to have followed through and dug deeper into their discog, the more you delve, the deeper into Drexciya you go. Everything under The Storm Series is untouchable.

• 5 weeks later...
10405391_10153502056598538_3294717771711

In between the re-releases of the two legendary Drexciya albums originally released on Tresor Records in 1999 and 2001, the Berlin techno institute is proud to re-present Transllusion’s album “The Opening Of The Cerebral Gate” and accompanying single "Mind Over Positive And Negative Dimensional Matter".

Produced by the late James Marcel Stinson and released in 2001 via Supremat, a short-lived sub-label Tresor dedicated to a more abstract and experimental electro sound, “The Opening Of The Cerebral Gate” was conceived as the second part of the so-called Drexciyan Storms – a whopping stack of seven albums by the Detroit pair released under different monikers within a single year (the Tresor album “Harnessed The Storm” being the first).

“The Opening Of The Cerebral Gate” showcases one of the great artistic minds of techno’s second generation on the brink of a new creative chapter in his life - a chapter which, tragically, would end way too soon.

For the first time music fans will be able to experience the whole journey on vinyl. “The Opening Of The Cerebral Gate” will be made available on CD and a special 3LP edition, which includes the vinyl version of the album as it was originally released, plus a bonus record featuring “Look Within”, "Dimensional Glide", “Unordinary Realities” and “Do You Want to Get Down (Vocal De Void)” - for the first time available on wax.

Tresor.270 - “The Opening Of The Cerebral Gate” and
Tresor.271 - "Mind Over Positive And Negative Dimensional Matter" are set to come out on September 29th and October 6th, 2014.

10405391_10153502056598538_3294717771711

In between the re-releases of the two legendary Drexciya albums originally released on Tresor Records in 1999 and 2001, the Berlin techno institute is proud to re-present Transllusion’s album “The Opening Of The Cerebral Gate” and accompanying single "Mind Over Positive And Negative Dimensional Matter".

Produced by the late James Marcel Stinson and released in 2001 via Supremat, a short-lived sub-label Tresor dedicated to a more abstract and experimental electro sound, “The Opening Of The Cerebral Gate” was conceived as the second part of the so-called Drexciyan Storms – a whopping stack of seven albums by the Detroit pair released under different monikers within a single year (the Tresor album “Harnessed The Storm” being the first).

“The Opening Of The Cerebral Gate” showcases one of the great artistic minds of techno’s second generation on the brink of a new creative chapter in his life - a chapter which, tragically, would end way too soon.

For the first time music fans will be able to experience the whole journey on vinyl. “The Opening Of The Cerebral Gate” will be made available on CD and a special 3LP edition, which includes the vinyl version of the album as it was originally released, plus a bonus record featuring “Look Within”, "Dimensional Glide", “Unordinary Realities” and “Do You Want to Get Down (Vocal De Void)” - for the first time available on wax.

Tresor.270 - “The Opening Of The Cerebral Gate” and

Tresor.271 - "Mind Over Positive And Negative Dimensional Matter" are set to come out on September 29th and October 6th, 2014.

:music::w00t::w00t::w00t::music:

They reacted to my request above pretty quickly :) Dimensional Glide was already released on wax the first time, but besides that - excellent move by Tresor! I'll be buying the shit out of this.

• 2 weeks later...

Did something happen to Sea Dweller III CD edition since it's sold out from everywhere and goes in insane prices in Discogs and ebay while the other three seem to be generally available? I remember that people were more stoked of Black Sea or Davy Jones Locker than Flying whales or Vampire Island. Just listened to The Quest and started to wonder if I should get the series or at least those three volumes that haven't been sold out.

If you already have the Quest the series it maybe isn't worth it, save for some cool unreleased tracks (Flying Fish is so cool indeed), but the mastering of the Clone series is the first remaster in any genre that was on par with the original master (maybe better?). Don't buy overexpensive copies of Part III on discogs or something though, the plan was to keep them in stock so I have high hopes they'll repress it regularly.

Anyone found a place where you can preorder the Transllusion reissues btw?

no unfortunately, that tresor site is soooo bad

lol yeah, after searching for a long while I finally found an emailadress to ask about the delay for Hydro Doorways, only to get a reply saying the mailadress doesn't even exist. According to Norman Records they are a label that releases a lot of their stuff long after the planned date, so I guess it'll be a while :)

• 1 month later...

no unfortunately, that tresor site is soooo bad

lol yeah, after searching for a long while I finally found an emailadress to ask about the delay for Hydro Doorways, only to get a reply saying the mailadress doesn't even exist. According to Norman Records they are a label that releases a lot of their stuff long after the planned date, so I guess it'll be a while :)

So I've pre-ordered both Transllusion reissues through Norman and suprise, suprise! They've been delayed. Should've been released this monday, I guess it could take up to a month (based on that recent Hydro Doorways reissue).

For interested parties:

https://www.normanrecords.com/records/101106-transllusion-opening-of-cerebral-gate

https://www.normanrecords.com/records/149790-transllusion-mind-over-positive-and-negative

Anyone knows if the 3 Bonus Tracks are just the Tracks from the "positive/Negative" EP or if they are all new unreleased Tracks?

The original Release was just a double Vinyl and this reissue is triple Vinyl...

EDIT: :w00t:

No new tracks, just the tracks that were on the original CD. They cut a few tracks on the original vinyl pressing, like they did with Neptune's Lair too (only in this case they never released the omitted tracks on a 12", that is, until now).

Archived