IGNORED

"A decade of Drukqs" Drowned In Sound article

joshuatxuk

Saw Beardyman post this (amongst some of his likely drunken rants about Coldplay being shit), I usually don't read anything on this site regularly, surprised I found it actually. It goes into a lot of RDJ tidbits we all know good and well and now constantly mention sarcastically, BUT I like that:

A. They decided to celebrate the album's anniversary.

B. It mentions the fact that's been "mined" for samples and continues to be a source of reliable bumper and soundtrack music.

I also realized, with the SNL and Kanye samples, and soundtrack choices in mind, they could of just titled this article "Avril 14th, ten years on"

http://drownedinsoun...us-ten-years-on

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i love drukqs. it's what i would call a "good album". who here can play avril 14th on piano? i can at least play it until it goes minor at which point i kind of have to slow down.

I was under the impression the full piece is actually impossible to play, because it was composed using a midi sequencer?

i love drukqs. it's what i would call a "good album". who here can play avril 14th on piano? i can at least play it until it goes minor at which point i kind of have to slow down.

I was under the impression the full piece is actually impossible to play, because it was composed using a midi sequencer?

yes, Richard said before that it was impossible to play by hand. still some people have said that they can play it. twats.

i can play it up until the last 40 seconds. is this the part that goes minor that sheatheman is talking about? never could find free sheet music for it. that part's prolly the hardest part too. as if playing a melody with your hand stretched an octave wide isn't hard enough.

so i actually just googled and found free sheet music for it: http://www.lapsura.c...usic/AphexTwin/

looks legit to me but i'll have to check it out. that kesson dalef transcription is making me wanna go find a piano now :P

i can play it up until the last 40 seconds. is this the part that goes minor that sheatheman is talking about? never could find free sheet music for it. that part's prolly the hardest part too. as if playing a melody with your hand stretched an octave wide isn't hard enough.

so i actually just googled and found free sheet music for it: http://www.lapsura.c...usic/AphexTwin/

looks legit to me but i'll have to check it out. that kesson dalef transcription is making me wanna go find a piano now :P

I'm so glad you found this sheet music. I have been looking for those other songs.

yes, Richard said before that it was impossible to play by hand. still some people have said that they can play it. twats.

like this dude?

Druqks has some absolute diamonds but I'm not sure about it as a complete album as I find some of it a bit pretentious and some of it little overcooked imho.

Its only just starting to sound dated but thats mainly because a lot of its been ripped off so much.

Druqks has some absolute diamonds but I'm not sure about it as a complete album as I find some of it a bit pretentious and some of it little overcooked imho.

Its only just starting to sound dated but thats mainly because a lot of its been ripped off so much.

Yeah I agree. I dunno if "pretentious" is the right word, but it is a bit stretched out, even if it's all excellent and some of the tracks are among his best. I usually find most double albums excessive anyway, even if they are great (Mellon Collie..., The Wall, The White Album)

like this dude?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sE-g0mWbxlE

Mostly right, but towards the end hes missing a few notes. All the ones he hits are correct, he just didn't hit all of them. Its just impossible to hit them all at once with only 2 hands.

Come on. Talk about over rated nonsense. Aphex Twins never did anything that wasn't ripped off form the Prodigy, Chemical Brothers or Fatboy Slim who did it first and best. The true Godfathers of techno music.

oenis | 25 Oct '11, 11:17 | X | Reply

Archived