IGNORED

Dave Monolith - Welcome

Redruth

beatwife - cornbrail acid II. It's like dave but with a pair testicles (more breakbeat)

Not really, that's an apples to oranges reference if I've heard one. Splitting hairs, but there is a big difference in attitude, sound pallate and style.

So is Dave confirmed to be Photodementia? Because some of the synth sounds are remarkably similar.

Yep, him and a few 'friends' is all he's said about who else may be involved

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all of you!

Someone can help me : i lost my mp3 files Volume 1 by Monolith bought from rephlex site... where can i find them, please? i don't think it exists in lossless but want them in mp3@320. Thanks to all who well help me, by PM! Peace & B Wild! ;-)

So is Dave confirmed to be Photodementia? Because some of the synth sounds are remarkably similar.

Yep, him and a few 'friends' is all he's said about who else may be involved

My theory is Dopplereffekt themselves had a hand. Basically it's what it sounds like: early Dopplereffekt songs with Dave Monolith synths. Plus someone posted that the guy who took the cover pictures has a connection with Gerald Donald, but maybe they were joking.

I really hope it wasn't a one-off and more Photodementia is eventually released... I've been a bit obsessed with Fig04c lately.

ps. i'm digging that beatwife track too!

This album is a revelation. Farewell Frenchman is like Analord++. Any similar stuff people could point me to since this came out?

This album by 'Splitradix' is very Analordy with some Ceephax spices added:

http://virtualurbanrecords.bandcamp.com/album/glassilaun-memento

^ Highly recommended!

This album is a revelation. Farewell Frenchman is like Analord++. Any similar stuff people could point me to since this came out?

This album by 'Splitradix' is very Analordy with some Ceephax spices added:

http://virtualurbanrecords.bandcamp.com/album/glassilaun-memento

^ Highly recommended!

Ooh, very nice. Got a touch of Tobacco in there too, mostly in the vocals I suppose.

I love how popular vocoders are getting in this kind of stuff. Can never get enough of that sound.

• 2 months later...
Guest Deco Balcony

Don't think it's 'new thread-worthy' so i'll just revive this one....

I remember seeing that DM posted something about 'new digitals' coming soon on his facebook page a little while back. Just checked back and noticed that he went on to say 'Most of my discog will be available with some new tracks ...hooray!' Not sure whereabouts these will pop up but I'm certainly keen to hear some new material

Anyone heard any other news about this ?

• 1 month later...

Watched again those live tracks from Dave’s Bangface set on Youtube and I’m really loving them. Actually all the Rephlex bangface stuff has been a goldmine for me when wanting to listen to some unreleased NWOBBD (New Wave Of British BrainDance :emotawesomepm9: ) goodness. In general 2014 releases have been unraveling the unreleased Youtube gems like Aphex, JK, AP and Beatwife etc. C’mon Dave it’s your turn. Wasn’t Welcome more of a compilation of older tracks than an actual album? Maybe there were plans for more to come but sadly Rephlex went down. Well, we did also get Photodementia stuff so maybe I’m being too greedy.

I’m little bit worried though that my CD shelf won’t be seeing another Monolith album. Said already in the Rephlex sub forum but have to point out again that please Mike P take the Rephlex roster under your caring wings!

If he won't release it himself (like Aleksi Perala or Jodey Kendrick) it'll come out on other good labels I'm sure. I'd say Planet Mu has become pretty different from Rephlex type stuff, I was thinking more about WeMe, Signals, etc. (the other labels in the braindance label thread basically :)). I'm mostly curious about the bandcamp page Monolith was trying to start up, must be publicised soon I hope!

I was lucky enough to see Monolith live in Amsterdam at the last official Rephlex "tour" (a couple of dates in Europe in 2010 with Bogdan, EDMX, Monolith and Ceephax, in the UK with Vibert too I think), a lot of good videos of that gig are also on YT, and someone recorded the whole gig even! Some really good stuff in there too :)

If he won't release it himself (like Aleksi Perala or Jodey Kendrick) it'll come out on other good labels I'm sure. I'd say Planet Mu has become pretty different from Rephlex type stuff, I was thinking more about WeMe, Signals, etc. (the other labels in the braindance label thread basically :)). I'm mostly curious about the bandcamp page Monolith was trying to start up, must be publicised soon I hope!

I was lucky enough to see Monolith live in Amsterdam at the last official Rephlex "tour" (a couple of dates in Europe in 2010 with Bogdan, EDMX, Monolith and Ceephax, in the UK with Vibert too I think), a lot of good videos of that gig are also on YT, and someone recorded the whole gig even! Some really good stuff in there too :)

Yeah there are possibilities beyond Mu. I have to clarify that I was thinking Mu because they usually tend to release stuff on multiply formats so no one (or should I say I) wouldn't have to bitch about that. Have to confess that I haven't been too excited of Mu releases this far. Not really my cup of tea. I'm quite confident that there will be something released at some point. There hasn't been any indication that he would be done. I was really looking forward to ''Touch Me''. Have to wait and see if it will ever turn out. For some reason I think that he would release something under a label than doing it AP/JK style.

About that Monolith bandcamp have to say that if Rephlex didn't teach me anything else they surely made me to re-evaluate the meaning of the word ''soon''. Oh and Warp too => Steve Beckett in 2009: ''new BoC soon''.There should be a own time zone for electronic music artists, some IDM GMT. Soon=within the next couple of years (but may take little longer).

I think i remember dave getting signed to mu at one point. if anyone remembers the mu forum (rip) , signed artists to mu, used to be in orange if they had a forum account, and people assumed he was gona have his first release on there but then the rephlex download shop opened and volume 1 was released