IGNORED

EP7

Redruth

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rpeg!!!!!

Kicks everything off on just the right foot.

I've actually never heard the "hidden track". Wasn't on my copy

You're not really missing anything.

Rpeg is my ringtone. It works very nice for this purpose.

You know to hell with naming individual tracks.

EP7

!!Boom!!

~60% of the time this is my all time favorite Ae release. Confield and EP7 kind of battle in my mind for the #1 spot. So it just depends on the day.

zeiss contarex....

best on the album by far. it's unique sounding even within the sprawling domain of autechre. Sounds like a slick weird black & white futuristic fetish sleaze fest if there ever was one.

About the time EP7 came out Zeiss Contarex made me imagine an airport getting overrun by alien arthropods or something. Like that airport level in the game Left 4 Dead, except the aforementioned lifeforms in lieu of zombies.

• 2 years later...

Suddenly had Outpt come to mind even tho I haven't listened to it in a long time, so now I'm playing it. One of Ae's warmest trax ImO.

This album changed the way I felt about Ae when I first heard it back in '99, after previously only hearing Amber & Tri Rep. I think it's the one album that officially converted me to an eternal fan. That stands to this day.

• 2 weeks later...

Chiastic Slide > LP5 > EP7 > Cichlisuite > Envane = Golden Era

Similar to the way Coltrane's middle albums are the best, when he starts going a bit nuts, but not quite as nuts as on the last bunch.

Haven't listened to any of these in a while actually, must sort that out...

Similar to the way Coltrane's middle albums are the best, when he starts going a bit nuts, but not quite as nuts as on the last bunch.

That order is mixed up if you're doing release order, but maybe it's your personal ranking? Probably me favourite AE era though, for sure.

Which do you guys think is weirder, this or Confield?

EP7 has weirder sounds, Confield has weirder vibes.

To me, they sounded the most "futuristic" at this time, the stretch from LP5 to Draft. EP7 and Draft especially. I feel like they've been a little more retro for the last 10 years or so, maybe letting in more more dub, funk, acid, old hip hop, etc. influences, although there's still plenty of great weird moments on every release since. They're a lot subtler in their weirdness now.

That order is mixed up if you're doing release order, but maybe it's your personal ranking?

yup. they are greater than signs.

Considering they could probably release another 20 to 30 albums before they call it quits, those will be considered their early works.

• 4 weeks later...

Pir is the only ae track that's ever created actual concrete images in my mind. Every time I listen to it, I imagine someone trapped in a small chamber that's gradually filling up with water, struggling to get free. The track feels like a sonic recording of the person's last few minutes of life, which are fading and melting into death. I don't know why, but that feels very beautiful to me every time I listen to it. The way the swishing sounds at the beginning start to form a beat as the synths come in is perfect. I suppose it could also be an abortion from the perspective of the foetus, which would be much sadder, especially considering that the synths almost sound like those children's music boxes.

Anyway, Pir used to be my favorite, but Maphive 6.1 has been really growing on me.

yeah wtf dude you ae doing it wrong

the whole ep is just very, VERY druggy if you know what i mean

very intense yet comforting, i love this album, end of story

Archived