IGNORED

Comic Books / Graphic Novels thread

Rubin Farr

Whoah damn

Will be hard to top the first 2 (both equally brilliant in their own ways)... let's hope for the best

Happy Free Comic Day! Had a great time visiting a few different shops this year, managed to snag most of the free issues,

Also picked up a few extras along with the free bags:

The Dead & The Dying issue 1&2 (don't really know much about this title, but the cover art caught my eye, looks post-apocalyptic)
The Fade Out issue 5
Fatale vol. 5 trade

fiancé also bought
Tooth & Claw issue 2 & 3
and a couple Mass Effect trades

all these on top of The Grant Morrison Batman run, I got a lot of reading to keep me covered for quite a while.

Edited by ghOsty

The classic and unavailable Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past manga has been reprinted in full color and will release this month. Recommended.

zelda%20cover_zpsq2hy0k1k.jpg

zelda%20sample_zpsgqzcwv0z.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Legend-Zelda-Link-Past-The/dp/1421575418

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Legend-Zelda-Link-Past-GN/dp/1421575418/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1430686524&sr=8-1&keywords=a+link+to+the+past+manga

They've published all the Zelda comics in English...apart from the Wind Waker 4 panel strips, which are some of the funniest comics I've ever read. EVERYTHING else Zelda is published, apart from those.

Philistines!

They've published all the Zelda comics in English...apart from the Wind Waker 4 panel strips, which are some of the funniest comics I've ever read. EVERYTHING else Zelda is published, apart from those.

Philistines!

This was serialized in Nintendo Power in 1992, and published in a incomplete form in 1993, so it's been a while.

http://zeldawiki.org/The_Legend_of_Zelda:_A_Link_to_the_Past_%28Comic%29

Nintendo World store even did a launch event for the Zelda faithful. It's really cool IMO when they support something they're probably not making a hell of a lot of money on. They did a similar event for Shovel Knight.

The first issue of Warren Ellis' new Image book Injection came out this week. Looks like we're off to a really promising start...

J7vWjCW.jpg

vCvwHhn.jpg

7ZHXEAg.jpg

2GPm89P.jpg

Edited by doublename

non-knob twiddler addendum to the above:

Once upon a time, there were five crazy people, and they poisoned the 21st Century. Now they have to deal with the corrosion to try and save us all from a world becoming too weird to support human life. INJECTION is the new ongoing series created by the acclaimed creative team of Moon Knight. It is science fiction, tales of horror, strange crime fiction, techno-thriller, and ghost story all at the same time. A serialized sequence of graphic novels about how loud and strange the world is getting, about the wild future and the haunted past all crashing into the present day at once, and about five eccentric geniuses dealing with the paranormal and numinous as well as the growing weight of what they did to the planet with the Injection.

http://injectioncomic.tumblr.com/

Edited by doublename

wow, this guy seems talented. does he make comics?

He did a bunch of covers for Fables awhile back and a couple of interior shorts, but mostly he just makes piles of money on his paintings, murals, and various commercial projects for high profile clients like Prada.

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone make sense of DC for me, I'm looking to follow the new robotic Batman played by Jim Gordon, but their shit is so all over the place, I can't make heads or tales of it. I found Divergence #1, which introduces him, and Batman/Superman #21 preview, where they go at it, but is he getting a series? There's too many Bat books to follow, and this Convergence crossover just makes it more confusing.

Edit: answered my own question, it's Batman #41

http://insidepulse.com/2015/03/20/post-convergence-battle-mech-all-new-batman-makes-debut-in-on-convergence-1-before-batman-41/

DC is all over the place. They seem to have ditched the new 52 concept already, and everything else is crossed over with everything else to the point that I've lost the will to follow any of their comics.

Both the great stories I was following have been axed (swamp thing and animal man). I have also been following Justice league Dark but its just a scrappy crossover mess and I'm giving up.

Yeah I liked the limited runs in New 52 bc they were short and based on Jack Kirby's creations. New 52 OMAC, and Forever People were the last I kept up with. I read the first and last issues of Future's End bc I like Batman Beyond, but the present day shit in the middle I had no interest in.