IGNORED

Comic Books / Graphic Novels thread

Rubin Farr

If I'm following a book from month to month, I buy digital. Otherwise, I buy the trade paperbacks in print, since they are so cheap online.

I flirted with using a preorder service for a while, but I just couldn't deal with going back to maintaining a big paper collection again.

The reading experience is definitely much better on paper though. FWP I guess.

Suiciders #5...still on board with this series, great artwork.

Annihilator #6...finally; haven't read it yet.

The Humans #6...could see this wearing thin, but staying with it for now (those splash pages though!)

Nameless #4...of 5 apparently; interested to see how he pulls this one out of the hat.

Injection #2...bodes well after two issues and being disappointed w/ the first arc of 'Trees'.

Still on the back-burner: The Authority Vol. 2 (about two issues in) & The Boys (extended hiatus, halfway through V.9-The Big Ride).

Just finished V.1 of Clowes's 'The Complete Eightball'

Nameless #4...of 5 apparently; interested to see how he pulls this one out of the hat.

Was meaning to pick this up but not gotten round to it. Will pick up the TP if it ever gets compiled, overall positive?

Was meaning to pick this up but not gotten round to it. Will pick up the TP if it ever gets compiled, overall positive?

Overall...I guess it's positive? Ha...sorry, I'm not really sure how I feel about it. Like I said, I was surprised to learn that it's a five-issue mini; it seems to be in the middle of the beginning, arc-wise. Burnham's artwork is cool, that much I can say for sure. Lots of gore, glyphs, incantations, and a sentient asteroid headed for Earth. If I'm honest, I'm waiting for Morrisson's Sinatoro from Black Mask; this series is a stop gap, for me.

i'm just happy hes been writing a lot creator owned/original stuff lately. i think he needed a break from the superhero game.

Sinatoro was going to be like an acid western right? i haven't heard anything about it for a couple years.

edit: ah, ok, just googled. so sinatoro's being released as a comic by black mask studios.

Edited by Kilgore Trout

Can someone name a reliable reader for iOS devices? The Marvel app is borked, Comixology no longer supports Marvel purchases, Chunky

only works on iOS8, I'm sick of having a separate app for each publisher.

Comic Zeal has never given me any trouble. Comic Flow is also decent for anything running 5.0 or later. I don't give money to anyone selling DRM'd comics, bruv. It Makes digital such a pain in the ass.

Edited by doublename

Guest bitroast

hate reading comics on ipad. having to pinch and zoom in and swipe around. its such a tiny detail but somehow is all it takes for the barrier to exist between me and the art.

physical media for life im afraid .. (unless its out of print stuff. exceptions can be made !!)

Bought the 8House issues Brandon Graham is curating over at Image, looking forward to them as I haven't read much of his stuff in a while. And whether or not Stokoe will ever publish anything ever again.

edit: conversely I can't stand the format for trades, such thin bindings and horrible paper...single issues are awesome but detest the trades. Too glossy.

Edited by Bechuga

Comicrack works, for iOS, no? ive just bought an ipad and im sure it was listed for me to download. ive got it on my PC and android phone

I used to read with Comicrack, but switched to Comic Zeal and like it a lot better. (iPad)

I just read Saga and got hooked, so now I'm waiting for more. Anyone read it? An easy read just like Y: The Last Man, but really good.

bout to start Sandman. The art never appealed to me but ive been hearing so much about the overall vibe and story that I'm gonna dive in.

just got a .cbr reader so ive gone thru nostalgia (mad magazine and heavy metal magazine!) and now im on to things i never got to read.

bout to start Sandman. The art never appealed to me but ive been hearing so much about the overall vibe and story that I'm gonna dive in.

just got a .cbr reader so ive gone thru nostalgia (mad magazine and heavy metal magazine!) and now im on to things i never got to read.

cool.

I just read Saga and got hooked, so now I'm waiting for more. Anyone read it? An easy read just like Y: The Last Man, but really good.

i know everyone loves saga, but after the first 10 issues i remember just thinking it was so-so. fiona staples is perfect for all the spacey art though, some incredible coloring as well.

wow.. really stoked i got the first 10 issues now because apparently the single issues are worth an f load of cash. issue 1 is going for $75 on amazon. jaysus.

edit:FUCK the 5TH PRINTING is going for $75 the first is $150+!!! im rich y'all.

Edited by Kilgore Trout

wow. i love saga. only thing i dont like is that each e.p is well short and leaves me hanging

@colunga- you mean the original sandman? or the new one. the original is the bees knees

after that read death, books of magic, and lucifer. totally awesome imho

wow. i love saga. only thing i dont like is that each e.p is well short and leaves me hanging

@colunga- you mean the original sandman? or the new one. the original is the bees knees

after that read death, books of magic, and lucifer. totally awesome imho

The Vertigo, Gaiman one. I am starting to notice how I don't really like reading off an ipad tho, ha. Something about reading the print version works better. a friend gave me the second volume (doll house?) in print so i will be able to break away from the ipad for that section.

Sandman Overture is a prequel to Vol. 1 - Preludes and Nocturnes

btw - the limited bagged editions of Overture are rising in price pretty quickly, they're not even doing one for issue #6, so hold onto those. I opened mine for the digital codes like a dumbass...

woa.

I got the whole run of HM up to 2014 but have been avoiding 2000 onward because the 70s and 80s ones are so good.

Guest bitroast

oh shiiit. sandman overture 5 has been out since may ?? need to pick that up.

almost time to finally read them all :):):)