IGNORED

Comic Books / Graphic Novels thread

Rubin Farr

^Synopsis sounds interesting, might have to look into that one... more than just the standard zombie fare is it?

Edited by ghOsty

^Synopsis sounds interesting, might have to look into that one... more than just the standard zombie fare is it?

No zombies thankfully! Just dead people coming back to life, seemingly normal. People are happy, sad and confused by it. Some really good character development in a Twin Peaks kind of way.

I'm about to buy Scud: The Disposable Assassin "The Whole Shebang" for the second time. My exgirlfriend has the last copy.

I love scud, I even have some original art :D

I used to have some of the original issues from the 90s, but I lent them to a friend ages ago and they never came back. This is the constant relationship I've had with this comic.

Fantagraphics is putting this out this summer:

9781606999325_wrinkles.png

great lil comic about Alzheimer's... it takes under an hour to read the whole thing but if you've got a relative or know people with the disease it's a must read

Edited by ThatSpanishGuy

picked up v for vendetta

and the league of extraordinary gentlemen

noice, can't go wrong with Moore classics

I picked up Vertigo's Winter's Edge 1 and 2 for 1€ each, Clowes' 20th Century Eightball for 10, and a bunch of classic spanish comix from the discount bin the last couple months

Edited by ThatSpanishGuy

Got Sunny vol. 2, Starman Omnibus vol. 1 and Gotham Central vol. 1.

Gotham Central is seriously great, I finished book 2 last week... need to get 3 soon.

• 3 weeks later...

an indie publisher put out these really cool boxes of 20 mini-comics each some years ago, 4 of them in total. The theme is colors (red, green, brown and black) and each comic is made by a different artist. Got the black one at a store and the brown one should be in the mail soon, gonna have a bad time getting the red and green ones though (limited to 500). Anyway, pics:

qEJhcTz.jpg

46GU684.jpg

hdtuGA9.jpg

ZRt7p9r.jpg

G0LfNeI.jpg

yZwquHn.jpg

VcLauxh.jpg

Guest bitroast

still reading berserk.

i order couple books online ( book depository free shipping from UK tyyy very much !!! ).

wait for package to arrive. slam the books in couple of days. wait for next pay day to repeat process.

this shit is so addicting and so easy to read.

Limbo continues to be interesting the voodoo/psychedlia combo is pretty cool... The Papa referred to in this pannel is Voodoo deity Papa Legba...
limbo05004jpg.jpeg?rect=0,608,585,293&dp

also picked up Book 3 of Batman: Eternal

Edited by ghOsty

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest bitroast

first bit of info coming out, on the english print of Moebius' back catalogue.

starting with The World of Edena (( including “Upon a Star,” “Gardens of Edena,” “The Goddess,” “Stel,” and “Sra.” )) out october 26.

http://www.darkhorse.com/Blog/2284/eccc-2016-moebius-library-debuts-fall#.VwcLQrhACa4.facebook

have read both Upon a star and Gardens of edena. both very lovely and very strongly linked to what moebius is generally all about. will still pick this up for the newly translated-to-english exclusives.

01fb8fafd2cff3fe74f59c37a2faf8fb.jpg

super super happy to see this stuff finally getting the english printing it deserves !!! looooong time overdue holy shit.

picked up

watchmen

black hole

milk and cheese

batman:year one

and a few tank girls

i'm really enjoying the tank girl, i think it's my new favorite

• 2 weeks later...

pleasantly surprised to see Fantagraphics is putting this out

SpanishFever.png

can't wait to see what the whole roster is... not my favorites so far, and it seems like a pretty homogeneous mix of artists which is a shame. I'll post some artists I think are missing from the roster in case anyone gives a fuccc