IGNORED

totems flare

YEK

Me too, it's unique. Very innovative in a context where innovating has become so hard. But Clark is really fine with that. He is IMO (and in my knowledge) the only representative of a new kind of "IDM".

I remember reading an old interview of him where the journalist asks him how he takes the fact to be compared to people like AFX and he answers that he belongs to a completely different generation and that no comparison can be done.

I think this it's true. He may be very influenced by such artists but actually makes something very different. He has his very own sound, like nobody has nowadays. Too bad he releases not so much :(

Me too, it's unique. Very innovative in a context where innovating has become so hard. But Clark is really fine with that. He is IMO (and in my knowledge) the only representative of a new kind of "IDM".

+ 1 :emotawesomepm9:

Although I'm getting really annoyed that he doesn't drop anything serious since more than 2 years now. Where is Prenic Mix Part II? A nice EP maybe? Probably as with afx also Clark has a shitload of great tracks which he never bothers to release although we would love him for these tracks. I could imagine he really wants so be on breaking ground for his next LP and because the last three LPs we're kind of a triangle (at least the said in PR hehe :emb: ) I could imagine it's a very hard job for him to push his boundaries once again. Furthermore I have the feeling that he actually worked with the same samples on allmost all his material (I read somewhere he was recording a lot of drums and stuff on tape years ago), maybe he wants to get some completely new sample stuff going.

I want Turning Dragon going Footwork/Bass :emotawesomepm9:

And since he is living in Berlin, maybe he's totally addicted to ketamine like the rest of the wasted youth here and that's not a good thing to be productive!

(sorry for the double post, but this thought had to be shared :emotawesomepm9: )

Guest GrandPopPoplock

I think this might be in my Top 10 albums.

Just great.

It's in my Top 10...somewhere .

the middle part of totem crackjacker

homer-drool.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Backson

being a rhythm nazi as i am, i usually get annoyed by the out of time, wonky rhythms of FlyLo influenced stuff

but this album uses unquantised stuff here and there to great effect

knowwhatimsaying?

• 10 months later...

Really into this album now - heard it for the first time a few months back and thought it was brilliantly insane. Also, I can't stop hearing "Look into the Hard-On".... :cerious:

• 2 years later...

Solid album. Didn't really pay much attention to this release until recently, but its now up there for me with Turning Dragon as being some of his best work. And yeah... Middle bit of Totems Crackerjack... Great track name and killer track

Archived