IGNORED

Steinvord Speculation

YELLOW

• 2 weeks later...

any more info on Heorge Garrison? Nag Champa Breaks was wicked.

Agreed. It was posted on the afxafxafxafxafxafx account tho, right? A new track was posted there lately and promptly deleted.

There's an excerpt from a new Heorge Garrison track at 17m35s here: http://soundcloud.com/fluorescentgrey/laustin-space-upcoming-recordlabelrecords-mix-2015

You will never be able to convince me that Steinvord is anything other than Richard D. James and Tom Jenkinson...

You're probably right, given the usual deterioration of skill with age & wealth. :trollface:

Guest fiznuthian

You think Steinvord is of lesser quality? Just sounds like the two (mostly Tom) mashing down on the jam. Buncha mental breaks and basslines.

Guest fiznuthian

Listen to 7 cutting off soundcloud

Then listen to this and tell me it's not richard

that's what i mean right there.. that sound design is WITHOUT A DOUBT richard! no one even comes close to that shit.

but the other tracks (besides lyff acid) definitely sound like Tom

Guest fiznuthian

maelstrom gave me sp vibes, not rdj vibes

me too.. untitled and lyff acid are the only tracks that sound RDJ. the others are very squarepusher like. tom has a unique way of doing his breaks.

You think Steinvord is of lesser quality? Just sounds like the two (mostly Tom) mashing down on the jam. Buncha mental breaks and basslines.

The sound quality is better sure, but there's something off about the quality of many of the tracks. The only track that I really love is Lyff acid, honorable mentions being Cyg x-1, Untitled 9, and Untitled. I don't really listen to the other ones much.

I was joking about it being 'lesser' but it's really different to me. It might be Richard, but another thing you have to remember is that Richard has many many many released tracks at this point, so drawing a parallel between 2 tracks that are kinda similar from different artists isn't compelling enough at this point. I'll just wait until he says he did it, which I imagine he'll never do. He's admitted to The Tuss straight out, why not Steinvord?

Watch me.

Listen to this:

Then listen to this:

Don't tell me Luke Vibert ain't Aphex Twin.

Edited by Brisbot

Guest fiznuthian

Luke's track and Rich's track you posted don't sound very similar to me.. Just acid I guess. Sorry.

Oh, and also weirding me out is the people in the Heorge Garrison thread saying his tune sounds like Steinvord. Are you people nuts? haha
HG doesn't sound like Steinvord to me either. Are my ears clogged or am I just super sensitive to this stuff or what?

Edited by fiznuthian

anyone have the richrud d jomes stuff ripped from soundcloud? aside from the youtube

yep. i have about 20-30 tracks, will upload them when i have ok internets

this thread will never die

Luke's track and Rich's track you posted don't sound very similar to me.. Just acid I guess. Sorry.

Oh, and also weirding me out is the people in the Heorge Garrison thread saying his tune sounds like Steinvord. Are you people nuts? haha

HG doesn't sound like Steinvord to me either. Are my ears clogged or am I just super sensitive to this stuff or what?

one ear is clogged, the other is super sensitive :beer:

And the tracks you/Zeffolia mentioned don't sound similar to me really.. less similar than the tracks I posted. Similar sounds sure, but very different approaches. So no bite.

Edited by Brisbot

Don't tell me Rush ain't Steinvord :cat:

I'm getting a similar vibe from the start of both tracks. I imagine this has been mentioned.

flol. mystery solved :crazy:

but seriously, guys, steinvord is Anchio Arch io Son Pittorne, i thought is was obvious

I drag up this again.

http://forum.watmm.com/topic/34099-tracks/?hl=untitled&do=findComment&comment=727632

Who is Guest_unnamedplayer_* ? As far as i know, It was the first time Steinvord made his appearance. But even if it does'nt, it was the firs time i listen to his tracks.

Maybe someone can tell us who is this guy (spanish?)?

Edited by White Rainbow

I drag up this again.

http://forum.watmm.com/topic/34099-tracks/?hl=untitled&do=findComment&comment=727632

Who is Guest_unnamedplayer_* ? As far as i know, It was the first time Steinvord made his appearance. But even if it does'nt, it was the firs time i listen to his tracks.

Maybe someone can tell us who is this guy (spanish?)?

ah nice find. funny that no one mentioned any similarity with rdj at the time. a couple of people say they like the "untitled" track particularly and for me it's one of the most obvious RDJ one. I would bet anything this track has been made by him at the time of Drukqs. If it wouldn't be the case my beliefs in music and life in general would be rather disturbed.

anyone have the richrud d jomes stuff ripped from soundcloud? aside from the youtube

yep. i have about 20-30 tracks, will upload them when i have ok internets

this thread will never die

that would be awesome, thanks