IGNORED

Steinvord Speculation

YELLOW

The only track that gives me the afx feel is the first untitled myspace one. If i heard it on drukqs it wouldnt sound out of place to me imo, maybe a hq version would change my mind though. I even had a dream last night that afx accidentally uploaded it to his soundcloud lol

I never thought steinvord was aphex or tom or both. It sounds like an attempt at their style, the way some film seem sort of John Carpenterish but just aren't. They never grabbed me anyway

yes, have always thought the same as well

The only track that gives me the afx feel is the first untitled myspace one. If i heard it on drukqs it wouldnt sound out of place to me imo, maybe a hq version would change my mind though. I even had a dream last night that afx accidentally uploaded it to his soundcloud lol

I'll agree, the untitled track you mention is the only thing that ever really had me doubting that steinvord was not aphex

I never thought steinvord was aphex or tom or both. It sounds like an attempt at their style, the way some film seem sort of John Carpenterish but just aren't. They never grabbed me anyway

yes, have always thought the same as well

I'll agree, the untitled track you mention is the only thing that ever really had me doubting that steinvord was not aphex

me too, the untitled track truly is great and drukqs+tuss-esque. lyff acid is good too and sort of had me

The 16 y.o. kid from Spain was obviously bullshit, just Grant having fun with writing fake bio's like he has done from day one (remember, Rephlex was all Grant for the last 10+ years too). Photodementia, The Tuss, Bradley Strider, Universal Indicator, Astrobotnia (remember the "a new Rephlex signing, one "Kristian Richards"'), EDM, probably more. Imo, he was always the one trying to blur the lines between the known artists and newer artists, so they would be judged on what actually matters: the music (like he said in an interview regarding the Tuss).

Afaik, Aphex has never denied being the Tuss (he has admitted to being him back in 2008ish already) or any other alias. He also has admitted to being every other alias on soundcloud now, but has denied Steinvord this time of it being Tom or him. Since the Syro interviews and the comments now he has been incredibly open and honest, which makes his statements now more credible than ever, especially compared to his 90's interview persona.

There is no real evidence at all it is Aphex or Tom (the musical clues obviously haven't been convincing enough, otherwise there wouldn't be years and years of speculation). There is however evidence that they aren't, because of the above statements by Aphex. Logically, it is not Aphex until proven different (not the other way around).

i askd ceephax fairly drunknly few years ago .. he said it wasnt his brother

he said: my father maybe? or something

lol

it's really funny 4 Rich, Tom & Andy! they must laugh at you... me 2! :spiteful:

erm... 4 Universal Indicator, i'm not sure that Richard confirmed he was Martin Tressider... otherwise i missed an episode...

to vincentvc : ask to Ceephax all his father's music & let me laugh! bwah ha ha ha! :spiteful:

weird, in going through Wisp's soundcloud today, I found quite a few sounds used in the steinvord release.

I'm not speculating that it's reid. Just found it odd.

Agreed man, I was floored and really disappointed in myself that I hadn't checked it out before today!

32614 is amazing, I hope that gets mastered and put on his next release. Top notch bleepybloop braindancery.

its cute/amusing to think that a 16 year old producer in the USA would so casually put a real 303 line in the background at a barely audible volume in one of his tracks.

after this soundcloud dump im more convinced than ever Steinvord is at least in part aphex, the Steivnord album sounds like unreleased/unfinished track dumps/jams with tom from the Drukqs era

lol

fess up already

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

its cute/amusing to think that a 16 year old producer in the USA would so casually put a real 303 line in the background at a barely audible volume in one of his tracks.

after this soundcloud dump im more convinced than ever Steinvord is at least in part aphex, the Steivnord album sounds like unreleased/unfinished track dumps/jams with tom from the Drukqs era

lol

fess up already

I've been wondering the same thing, haha

/ also agrees with earlier thought about anchio re: it/him/them, why not. I'll even start some bunkum correlation thing.

Anchio Arch io Son Pittore = Aphex, Autechre (no way dude), io (the posting dude), Son Pittore (Square Pusher)

what's strange is that "I too am a painter" should be Anch'io sono pittore, what does the arch mean? Is it an italian pun to add the arch in there (they are the same word in both languages, the arch is a supporting structure, maybe a bridge is being represented, a bridge between artist names, heh).

/ also agrees with earlier thought about anchio re: it/him/them, why not. I'll even start some bunkum correlation thing.

Anchio Arch io Son Pittore = Aphex, Autechre (no way dude), io (the posting dude), Son Pittore (Square Pusher)

what's strange is that "I too am a painter" should be Anch'io sono pittore, what does the arch mean? Is it an italian pun to add the arch in there (they are the same word in both languages, the arch is a supporting structure, maybe a bridge is being represented, a bridge between artist names, heh).

i can't help you... ask to Joyrex or my WATMM friends... :trollface:

Arched Maid.

Via RDJ. :spiteful:

i can't help you... ask to Joyrex or my WATMM friends... :trollface:

nahh, i always let people keep their secrets (or lack thereof) if people want to tell me something they will (and most people don't bother talking to dleetr about much at all). that's why i don't know nuffin abouts anything, even after all these years mixing in the scene, i really don't know very much at all. heh.

Guest skibby

Aphex said Steinvord is American, and that Grant knows the identity but not even Aphex knows. He just doesn't want anyone to know.

And its all the more awesome that his biggest fans might also be his biggest haters.

skrillex-52797c8f6841d.jpg

Guest skibby

steinvord is the schödingers cat of this forum. all guesses are correct. however, i have dug a bit deeper said the tick to the mange.

if steinvord reveals identity to grant, but not to richard, it can only be because steinvord wants to be appreciated by richard without prejudice.

could this be because steinvord is an unrequited fan?

just think about it for two goddamn seconds, just a couple of cycles in the cortex solves this mystery conclusively.

sherlock_holmes_quote_by_stormygiovanna-

Edited by skibby

steinvord is the schödingers cat of this forum. all guesses are correct. however, i have dug a bit deeper said the tick to the mange.

if steinvord reveals identity to grant, but not to richard, it can only be because steinvord wants to be appreciated by richard without prejudice.

could this be because steinvord is an unrequited fan?

just think about it for two goddamn seconds, just a couple of cycles in the cortex solves this mystery conclusively.

sherlock_holmes_quote_by_stormygiovanna-

LOL - not by Sherlock Holmes, but by Sir Conan Arthur Doyle...