IGNORED

Steinvord Speculation

YELLOW

Well it instantly sounded like a cheap "Go Plastic" rip-off to me. Doesn't achieve anywhere near the groove or "certain-something" of Squarepusher... even though we all know Tom himself can diverge from his own sound, if you know what i mean.

And its nowhere near RDJ at all at all at all!

to call it a cheap rip off is just barbaric," oh no, there are no pretty melodies"

hell yeah it's near rdj and squarepusher, it's probably autechre or something

The immediate flag for me was the fact that no one else associated with rephlex has used "Stein" and" Vord"

not that they both use it alot but it would be like a new mysterious artist names "Plaistow-Phace"

I have no time to play vinyl anymore either, but I downloaded an INSANELY nice rip of this. Then I cleaned it up even more and bounced it down to 44.1 (it was 96 kHz!)

So… nice versions are out there.

lol u can find it in archive.org in flac version... 'cause ur files are not good as a real lossless... lol, me either, have no time to play it, even if i'd them twice... if one day one should be damaged... but it's funny, i believe that i would play this vinyl for long time & never thought i should have no time...

Wait… why tf is there a 48 kHz vinyl rip of Steinvord on archive.org? You aren’t lying! Is this legit? Is this jazz?

Anyway yeah, these sound pretty great (slightly less surface noise on the copy I have, but still) and are worth grabbing… if… this is legal?

I have no time to play vinyl anymore either, but I downloaded an INSANELY nice rip of this. Then I cleaned it up even more and bounced it down to 44.1 (it was 96 kHz!)

lol u can find it in archive.org in flac version... 'cause ur files are not good as a real lossless... lol, me either, have no time to play it, even if i'd them twice... if one day one should be damaged... but it's funny, i believe that i would play this vinyl for long time & never thought i should have no time...

Wait… why tf is there a 48 kHz vinyl rip of Steinvord on archive.org? You aren’t lying! Is this legit? Is this jazz?

Anyway yeah, these sound pretty great (slightly less surface noise on the copy I have, but still) and are worth grabbing… if… this is legal?

it probably isn't but you can't pay for it anywhere so fuck it!

it probably isn't but you can't pay for it anywhere so fuck it!

Yeah, it's not legit bit don't care, i've got the vinyls... can't rip them... want to buy it in digital files especially in lossless... didn't find it from the net to buy... Found this on archive.org & i'm happy! ;-)

I've always been convinced its Squarepusher and Aphex, even when they're trying to be anonymous they can't resist a little piss-taking with the name. And after 5 years no more news from Steinvord. Almost like they were never there in the first place.

Still not sure if its a split or collab though. Backyard, Ontrackv2 and Maelstrom sound more strongly Squarepushery, Iyff Acid + the myspace tracks sounds like RDJ and CygX-1 even sounds like a more advanced, sci-fi'ed up version of Freeman Hardy & Willis to me.

I've always been convinced its Squarepusher and Aphex, even when they're trying to be anonymous they can't resist a little piss-taking with the name. And after 5 years no more news from Steinvord. Almost like they were never there in the first place.

Still not sure if its a split or collab though. Backyard, Ontrackv2 and Maelstrom sound more strongly Squarepushery, Iyff Acid + the myspace tracks sounds like RDJ and CygX-1 even sounds like a more advanced, sci-fi'ed up version of Freeman Hardy & Willis to me.

my thoughts and assertions exactly

Well it instantly sounded like a cheap "Go Plastic" rip-off to me. Doesn't achieve anywhere near the groove or "certain-something" of Squarepusher... even though we all know Tom himself can diverge from his own sound, if you know what i mean.

And its nowhere near RDJ at all at all at all!

I'm not certainly as rough on him/they/it but quite the contrary since I love Steinvord. Steinvord has been the closest thing to Drukqs from all the music I've tried to dig up. Can't really tell who (or what) Steinvord is but it doesn't bug me a bit. If it's Rich and Tom then fine but I love it as much if it's someone else like say Odan - another artist that has sadly gone missing. I'm kicking myself to head for not grabbing Charlbury Gardens when the net lab had still their archives available. Last time I ckecked the link to their download center it wasn't active anymore. Only got Voltek.

I was under the impression that the Steinvord record Grant talked about was this EP which was originally supposed to be released at the same time with Welcome but which was delayed (and delayed and delayed). Was there some announcements after that? After all this time there still seems to be much interest towards Steinvord so it really should deserve a re-release or something though I'm really sceptical of that happening. Would love to get RulesthereadII of the unreleased ones.

Again defying the golden rule of ''if you can't swim stay out of the pool'' but have to say that the first time I heard the beginning of Maelstrom Gwarek2 sprang to my mind and partly it still does. I didn't know that I was this suicidal.

/runs to cover

Grumpy, you forgot to add Ultravisitor to your list of squarepusher albums.

and on topic: I'm still waiting for the digital release of this fine piece of music from boshnbolt

And the beginning of Tundra versus beginning of Ontrackv2 sound quite similar to me.

Yes! My track titles were messed up; that's what I meant to say.

Also, I agree that the EP tracks are harder to pin, so I definitely understand all the speculation. But the Untitled track, that has got to be RDJ so if he's already involved...

gosh who else could it be at that time, like really, point fingers =)

and with that name on a that label? it was for MEN i guues, but the future of that label was uncleared, so they desided to drop it. after some time realized that still dope and fans actually want those pisstakes from acid jams

it's not just techichues or samples or watever. were talking like aura stuff here

this thread is doomed on walking in circles untill some interview 2019 he/they will state that "it's not that it would been mystix or all, there was some clues and stuff# blurp, derp burp as with the tuss. but comon, use your ears.

And the beginning of Tundra versus beginning of Ontrackv2 sound quite similar to me.

Yes! My track titles were messed up; that's what I meant to say.

But that ''pad could be about any pad'' :wink: j/k

lol this thread will go around in circles into perpetuity

I spent one evening glancing through every page of the thread so yes it kinda does. But don't be so possessive. We the new members wan't to be the part of WATMM steinvord maddness of speculation too! You can't have all the fun for yourself

Grumpy, you forgot to add Ultravisitor to your list of squarepusher albums.

I sold it years ago. I recently listened to District Line II (recommended in this thread) and I don't remember even hearing it before. Back in the day Ultravisitor didn't keep me interested long enough so I just listened to the beginning of the album and passed the rest. Tried to get into it again but there's just too much jazz bass diidle duudle and other strange compositions which I'm not really into so I guess I'm not going to buy it again.

I'm digging myself deeper here ain't I?

Guest Chesney

I was never fussed about Ultravisitor to be honest. I was surprised how much I liked Hello Everything though, I go back to that more than most.

Steinvord has Tom all over it, Maelstom instantly suggests his signature bleak reverbered void plonks.

Guest skibby

RDJ makes music that plays in my head when it's not on. Steinvord doesn't do that. But obviously whoever made it lurks here cause "they all do" so let me say "great job" and "make more music you lazy bastid"

always wondered if "rules the read" was already a "mem" on this forum, and steinvord just picked it, or was it the opposite way?) i mean track is from early 00's, when watmm was found? (it's not in the rules, i just checked)

and ofc ultravisitor is the best