IGNORED

Bitwig

Guest RadarJammer

Guest RadarJammer

No mention of Bitwig on WATMM turned up in the search so I thought a thread would be alright, despite the fact that there is no real information about Bitwig.

Facebook

Twitter

Bitwig was co-founded by Claes Johanson, who created Surge/Shortcircuit and was a dsp programmer for Ableton, so based on that I think its worth keeping tabs on.

267860_218834098155486_121521984553365_579998_7468707_n.jpg

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah was just thinking of that the other day! surge is kind of abandoned because of that, and I like that synth.

could be interesting, I read some posts by claes somewhere about it and they want to do something new. so yeah, could be interesting.

they have the hip office environment down for starters.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Oh awesome. I love Shortcircuit... it's one of the 2 VSTs I use with any regularity.

Thinks Shortcircuit is the greatest sampler VST, Sriracha Tobias avatar? ... Wanna go on a date? Spokane is an 8 hour drive from here.

Oh awesome. I love Shortcircuit... it's one of the 2 VSTs I use with any regularity.

Thinks Shortcircuit is the greatest sampler VST, Sriracha Tobias avatar? ... Wanna go on a date? Spokane is an 8 hour drive from here.

Lol. How did I miss this? :wub:

• 3 weeks later...

Does look cool. Looks like they're taking on Ableton. I like the sound of this too "Multi-user music production over the internet". :O

Looks like they have some stuff Ableton is missing like clip automation, 64 bit support, multi monitor support, even some of the titled screen stuff.

renoise

How?

this looks like a really good DAW. definitely interested.

"In case of a plug-in crash, a protective mechanism prevents the application from crashing and you from losing your work."

Hoping that's true, because it's awesome. I can't even count how many times FL Studio has given me a BSoD.

toybox interface

:cerious: Thats a new one ... but I'll stay on topic...

Did anyone notice how IDM this picture is? Also notice the "retrig" module, Aaron is prolly happy:

native-modular-system.png

yeah it just reminds me of how renoise looks, like they constructed the GUI out of LEGO elements or something. colorful..

ah fuck, jesus dudes it just reminds me of how renoise looks GET OFF MY CASE ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!111

*throws tantrum, runs to room, slams door

ps wow linux support. if only they had REAPER in Linux. that would settle it for me.

Guest RadarJammer

yeah it just reminds me of how renoise looks, like they constructed the GUI out of LEGO elements or something. colorful..

ah fuck, jesus dudes it just reminds me of how renoise looks GET OFF MY CASE ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!111

*throws tantrum, runs to room, slams door

ps wow linux support. if only they had REAPER in Linux. that would settle it for me.

http://landoleet.org/dev/ :wink:

I'm wondering now, did you mean Reason looking like a toybox? Or Renoise? Cuz I'd describe Renoise as looking like an excel spreadsheet.

no I meant Renoise, it's GUI elements look a bit like the ones in Bitwig, and they come across a bit toyish compared to something like Live or Reaper.

Saying toybox would probably better fit Reason though yes.

Guest RadarJammer

I'm not a big fan of "all in one" software packages but this whole shebang looks like it might really spark some strong creativity, The interface is businessman like but the colors and vibes are childlike, which is the perfect combination for making cool things happen I think.

Mo noise, CDM blog article on it:

http://createdigital...e-ableton-live/

It's disappointing to see Peter speaking somewhat disparagingly of this software when he's humped the leg of a lot of mediocre shit (lame apps, overpriced hipster hardware projects, really bad-sounding but conceptually compelling music) over the last few years. He rubs me the wrong way about 80% of the time and then will occasionally write a really good article, like that "Tinkerer's Sunset" one from 2010, that reins me back in.

I'm not a big fan of "all in one" software packages but this whole shebang looks like it might really spark some strong creativity, The interface is businessman like but the colors and vibes are childlike, which is the perfect combination for making cool things happen I think.

I am a fan of the all-in-one software package because it makes the music making so much less of a chore, when you can get into a good flow with it. Problem is just that it always involves compromising quality and/or flexibility for ease. Agree about the aesthetics, looking at the screenshots is getting me pretty stoked.

Archived