IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

Well if it's developed as a complete arc that closes after only ten episodes thoughtfully written, shot and acted, that's a good start. It's interesting that it was said that the Coen brothers executive produced but didn't have anything more to do with the production. Guess they want the money but don't care any further than that, also they can then argue that it's not their fault if it isn't received well or doesn't work. I would say though that they've read the script, made sure the cinematographer and the other component parts are roadworthy and have then let it loose.

I think I'm on board with Fargo. Better balance of dark comedy & drama last night. Even though the show borrows a lot from the Coen's catalog & Fargo itself (the 2 hit men introduced last night, ahem), I find it pretty damn watchable. Billy Bob & murdered sheriff's wife's boobs > 10

Been binging season two of Hannibal over the weekend. Feels good man.

I started watching Hannibal but my wife made me switch it off after the main guy lived with all those dogs because she thought they were all going to die. Does anyone kill a dog in this show? She can handle the human mutilation but don't hurt a wee pup

FYI latest episode featured a dog injury at the behalf of Hannibal & one of his former patients. Still alive as far as I know. Some other folks didn't fare to well though.

Yeah, it seems okay. I'm not totally sold on it yet, but I'll gladly watch more of it.

I know I shouldn't get my hopes up, but Damon Lindelof's new show looks really interesting. Or at least the trailer makes it look cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Shn1mPejr_4

The trailer is kinda NSFW.

Anyway, I hope it doesn't turn out to be some biblical nonsense.

^ will start out strong the first few episodes, meander in the middle episodes & fade like a dying fart in the finale.

I don't know how to break it to you, but Damon Lindelof is a hack.

Edited by Gocab

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

I started watching Hannibal but my wife made me switch it off after the main guy lived with all those dogs because she thought they were all going to die. Does anyone kill a dog in this show? She can handle the human mutilation but don't hurt a wee pup

FYI latest episode featured a dog injury at the behalf of Hannibal & one of his former patients. Still alive as far as I know. Some other folks didn't fare to well though.

thanks for the update.

no probs. Didn't want the missus freaking out. Gotta think the dogs are gonna bite it at some point though. When/if it happens, I'll make sure it's posted.

broen/bron - really nice, on the surface it isn't supposed to work as the setup is reminiscent of those contrived and unrealistic mid 90's detective/thrillers with the addition of a hackneyed pairing of a flawed cop and a retarded coptress, but it does work and gets more engaging as it goes along due to its intelligence and scandinaviansness, ie everything is grey, morose and depressing.

I'm sold on Fargo. some quality writing & direction last night. I'll see how episode 4 goes, but if it's strong, this show probably deserves it's own thread.

For Jimmy McMessageboard: Your wife should not view last night's episode. Billy Bob slits a dogs throat to get his counter black mail up & running. Nicely shot though.

Edited by olo

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

I started rewatching The League of Gentlemen. haven't seen it since it aired. loved it back then. holds up pretty well too. dark but funny. going to watch it through and then cath up on their later work - psychoville and number9. I've probably seen all the later mark gatis work. infact I think i saw him in the preview for next weeks game of thrones.

love.for.sale.with.rupert.everett.jpg

love for sale with rupert everett. great show where rupert is trying to understand who buys sex, and what prostitutes are all about. episode two has probably my favorite dom (so far): mistress dita, who has a "packed lunch" special that she makes herself each morning, and only twenty five quid for that piece of heaven (yum)

Edited by Nebraska

2903.jpg

i gave this a shot, but it didn't work for me. the main problem (besides the setting) is that zoe saldana's rosemary seems too independent and strong unlike the fragile and delicate mia farrow. so most of the things that happen are not believable

in the film, you feel bad for mary woodhouse. in this show, you feel bad for the kid because of how annoying every involved is. no spawn of satan deserves that

Re-watched Sealab 2021 after ~5+ years of forgetting about it. Still has its moments, still retarded (in good and bad ways).

Re-watched Trailer Park Boys before that (after ~4+ years of forgetting about it), and still totally has hard-larfing funny moments. But also, it was much funnier when I was high as fuck, and then watching it again makes me remember how shit things were for me when I was watching it first, then I get sad. Then I realize how much better my life is now, and then it makes me happy. Basically, I'm gonna stay away from another re-watching for several years, because there is too much underlying emotional trauma for me or someshit.

Re-watched The Venture Bros. seasons 1~4 before that, after years of forgetting about it (plus watching new episodes)-- this series is so good, I am still impressed.

Re-watched season 1 of NTSF:SD:SUV before that- retarded in the best way possible. I wanna watch more of this.

Re-watched Childrens Hospital season 1~3 before that, which is still hilarious. Retarded, yet mature.

I suppose if I go back in time long enough I'll return to the first time I watched He-Man or someshit, so I'll stop here.

Guest glasse

Don't have cable just Netflix. Watching Star Trek Enterprise for the first time. I never got into Voyager or DS9 but this has a blend more like TNG or the original show, corny for lols when it needs to and actually decent sometimes. Reminds me of a pre-BSG a little just because of the early 2000s production value and they have similar uniforms, the inside of the ship is a bit darker and so on.

Re-watching House, watched the first season of Bates Motel (it was just ok), watched all of Sunny in Philly and Parks and Rec which are great.

here is a short list of tv shows i will be giving a thumbs down:

http://youtu.be/2z-b3Nw6Znw

http://youtu.be/s9IWvbbZPZc

http://youtu.be/dBzu_jKLJek

http://youtu.be/JC2Nn0lPmfc

here is a short list of tv shows that actually look interesting:

http://youtu.be/0d1zpt6k5OI