IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

Guest murphythecat8

staggered a bloke watches Downton ;) ......(all's forgiven if its wiv your missus)

Fargo gets better as the plots develop, give it time

and:

yeah, me and my gf watched downton, but I love the show anyways. its a beauty imo.

will listen to fargo and the americans... after downton :)

Hope this is better than that movie:

not sure how i feel about this. i'm a big thunderbirds fan, but one thing i feel made the show was how it was so imbedded in 60s culture. i also read it wasn't going to be puppets anymore? besides the mission-impossible-esque storyline, what else made the thunderbirds so iconic? can they really deliver this level of awesomeness?

http://youtu.be/Y5zVq0wTNfM

I want to watch twin peaks with my wife as she's never watched it, but I'm sort of dreading that she'll hate it.

Will our marriage survive? Stay tuned watmm. :cleans up cat poo, folds laundry:

The thing about The Day Today and Brass Eye is that every time I re-watch it I expect it to be dated (TDT is 20 years old FFS) and yet it's as relevant as ever!

Better Call Saul Ep 1 - pretty good!

Broadchurch Season 2 - Utter shite

Fortitude - jury is currently out.

I started watching "the office" on netflix on Saturday. I just finished season 5. I'm guessing it's around 100 episodes so far, with 4 seasons to go. It's so stupid I love it. Creed is the most interesting character, when he handed Jim a $3 dollar bill I laughed for longer than usual. There is so much depth & mystery to Creed. I'm so glad I never watched this show before and saved it for a time like this(bedridden with bronchitis).

anyone caught Bosch yet?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3502248/

I've watched 2 episodes so far and the acting in it is noticably bad. The guy from the Wire (Marlo?) as Bosch's partner is horrible and so is the rookie cop love interest. The story also seems to have been done to death - rule-breaking, stubborn detective everyone is convinced is losing his grip will ultimately solve the case and be the hero. It's engaging enough to want to find out what happens in the end, but this isn't mind-blowing TV.

There's a wicked shot in the intro credits with downtown LA flipped upside-down and mirrored on top of the existing downtown that looks like something out of Blade Runner

Watched the first part of JK's The Casual Vacancy (had insomnia at 2am on sunday so got up and watched bbc iplayer), i like it. Lot's of the rural quirks and raw wankiness of village life. Great cast, including this little old Gizmo looking lady who plays Michael Gambon's lover. Great actress.

220x321.jpg

She just turned 74 today. Happy birthday Julia.

It says in't credits it's partly funded by HBO so y'all will be getting to enjoy this too. I recommend you grasp it.

fortitude is boring.

it's trying to spice things up with its scandinavianisms and unorthodox environment but at its core it's just a very conventional mystery/detective thing that offers nothing new.

anyone watching the new house of cards season? i think it's the best yet. i wasn't super into the previous two seasons, it seemed like they weren't trying to go for what washington is really like in all its multifaceted madness, and instead just took a few parts from it. this season seems more fleshed out and they dont just focus on like 3 dynamics for the whole thing.

Edited by very honest

yep, swallowed it all in 2 days. don't know how to compare it to previous seasons but it seemed just as classy, theatrical, stylish and enchanting as i remember. it's like someone made a movie of crusader kings 2 game and fleshed it out dramatically

Edited by eugene