IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

the norrell and strange book was really good i thought. im a sucker for anything with magic.

i like the part where strange reanimated the neapolitan soldiers for the interrogation. How he spat in their mouths to get the to speak in an intelligible tongue because they were speaking in a dialect from hell, heh, nice touch

Hannibal Season 3/ 2nd Episode - Decent-ish. Liked the stag/corpse thing. Even with the dodgy cgi in parts of that sequence.

a bbc program called Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell, just binged the first four episodes. I don't usually go for drama or anything non-nonfiction that isn't animated, well except for GoT, which i binge watched the other day or two the fourth and fifth season of, with the occasional skimming. This one keeps on moving though and isn't entirely an unpleasant experience. The premise of the thing is georgian england during the napoleonic wars plus magic.

the norrell and strange book was really good i thought. im a sucker for anything with magic.

The show has been fantastic so far, I loved the novel, as well as the short story collection The Ladies of Grace Adieu. The novel is bloated in places, and meanders to its conclusion, but I always forgave it its sins. The show has been the reverse, rocketing through the story, which is a shame as Stephen has had some nice sequences cut, and Strange's campaigning with Wellington didn't have the detail I was hopping for, despite some fantastic scenes.

I wasn't sure about the chap playing Strange, but he has done a sterling job, looks like he has done a lot of voice work for video games.

Hannibal Season 3/ 2nd Episode - Decent-ish. Liked the stag/corpse thing. Even with the dodgy cgi in parts of that sequence.

Not as strong as episode 1, but still enjoying the new season. Couple of dud flashbacks that didn't add much. The stag/corpse really looked like something out of Silent Hill 2. The music has been one of the highlights so far, really need to get the set from Invada.

Will Graham needs some hugs, poor guy.

The stag/corpse really looked like something out of Silent Hill 2.

Will Graham needs some hugs, poor guy.

Definitely on both. Had the same thoughts. Kinda had the eraserhead chicken thing going on

Edited by olo

I like how Hannibal season 3 is already revising Hannibal (the horrible book/moviefilm) before even getting near Red Dragon.

i dunno about hannibal, it's like completely detached from anything irl. people don't don't like people, their motivations don't make any sense..it's like some kind of alternative dimension. technically and visually it's mostly great but it's impossible to identify with it on any level.

(pretty sure i had a similar opinion about previous season, and yet i keep watching it).

i dunno about hannibal, it's like completely detached from anything irl. people don't don't like people, their motivations don't make any sense..it's like some kind of alternative dimension. technically and visually it's mostly great but it's impossible to identify with it on any level.

(pretty sure i had a similar opinion about previous season, and yet i keep watching it).

I feel you. It may be getting even more detached. The whole Priest sees Abigail in the church was a conscious effort on Fuller's part. Eluding to actual ghosts & not just hallucinations. :blink:

is anyone watching this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kRyVaoa10I

yeah, I wrote about it in this very thread:

new hacker/conspiracy thriller called Mr Robot. was expecting it to be terrible, but it wasn't bad actually. was surprised to see the only semi-accurate portrayal of sysadmin stuff and hacking I've ever come across on TV or in film, left out a lot of the detail for obvious time constraints, but there was nothing glaringly stupid involved. not sure if I'll be able to handle the protagonist's monotone voiceover for the entire series though.

Think the season actually starts next week or something. Releasing pilots many weeks before the show starts is annoying.

really liked the pilot, definitely got my attention. hopefully it doesn't get too preachy and keep within the "it's a worldview of this particular and deeply flawed person" confines.

yeah, I wrote about it in this very thread:

new hacker/conspiracy thriller called Mr Robot. was expecting it to be terrible, but it wasn't bad actually. was surprised to see the only semi-accurate portrayal of sysadmin stuff and hacking I've ever come across on TV or in film, left out a lot of the detail for obvious time constraints, but there was nothing glaringly stupid involved. not sure if I'll be able to handle the protagonist's monotone voiceover for the entire series though.

Think the season actually starts next week or something. Releasing pilots many weeks before the show starts is annoying.

thanks for the review, i obviously missed it before.

i've put a reminder to record it to my dvr in case i forget when the show begins.

just finished sense8. yeah it's alright i guess...bit stupid but worth a watch i'd say. they like to crowbar sex scenes in every episode though which i didn't always think necessary.

Edited by BCM

just finished sense8. yeah it's alright i guess...bit stupid but worth a watch i'd say. they like to crowbar sex scenes in every episode though which i didn't always think necessary.

they spent far too much time on character development, a good writer should be able to develop his characters at the same time as advancing the plot. could probably have edited the whole thing down to like 5 episodes or something. crammed full of new agey nonsense as well, which didn't help. was interesting enough for the bits where stuff actually happened though.

semi-accurate portrayal of sysadmin stuff. monotone voiceover.

Sounds riveting.

they spent far too much time on character development, a good writer should be able to develop his characters at the same time as advancing the plot. could probably have edited the whole thing down to like 5 episodes or something. crammed full of new agey nonsense as well, which didn't help. was interesting enough for the bits where stuff actually happened though.

yeah agreed

Hannibal - Ep3/secondo

Thoroughly enjoyed. Ice pick to the dome/10

As eugene has stated, this show doesn't exist in a plausible grounded reality. It lives in a hyper-reality dream state. Nice score as well. Think it was toward the end of the episode, but something really struck me as "that sounded reals nice". Gillian Anderson was quite good.

I'm thinking Hannibal will be caught by mid-season & complete left-turn into the Red Dragon arc.

Been watching Veep slowly, its very well written and a great satire into American politics. Really great cast dynamics.

Looking forward to True Detective though, next week i believe

Super Sonico - the touching (yourself) anime tale of an Idol who's only super power are ginormous breasts that make her life miserable. Moe fapping at its best.

0D4A33EA-4F8E-44E5-BE4B-32F16FDB4472_zps

Watched the first episode of Humans, interesting stuff. Really fantastic and unsettling performances from the "synths", and another great OST by Cristolbal Tapia de Veer (Really need to check out more of this guy's stuff).

orange is the new black - started watching it and really isn't all that great, it's basically 80% arrested development in female prison and 20% actual drama, it's funny quite often but you get the sense that the female prison is nothing more than a vehicle for gags, some rather shallow and predictable drama and hot button topics pushing. obviously it's impossible for me to experience an environment like that but i just get a feeling that the show isn't really doing a good job of portraying it faithfully.

thank fuck rectify is coming back in two weeks and a half.