IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

^ amen. Also not thrilled that it's coming back, wasn't this originally a miniseries?

I dunno, but there is only 1 thing that would make me watch more of this - gemma chan...holy shit she is gorgeous. if I were the dad in this show, I would leave my annoying family and run off with anita...keep her in 18+ mode all the time :biggrin:

Such a debt of gratitude is owed to HBO & The Sopranos for changing the TV landscape. If you'd told me in 2000 that in 15 years movies would mostly cynical garbage and TV would be telling gripping novelistic stories I would not have believed you.

absolutely, the sopranos opened the door for all the amazing tv series we've got nowadays. I have lost just about all interest in movies thanks to the abundance of great tv dramas.

there was an article recently discussing how the golden age of tv may be coming to an end soon...that we've got too many series to choose from now and the creativity/talent will be increasingly stretched thin, viewers will start to get turned off with the fact there are too many choices, etc.

I read something similar, but the author posited that the rise of anthology series that tell stories in single seasons (True Detective, Fargo, American Horror Story) is the result of that, since it requires far less of a time/emotional investment from the viewer.

I'll believe it's coming to an end when everything starts to get shit. Until then I'm not gonna ruin a good thing by speculating "the end is nigh".

I think I'll catch up on Better Call Saul now and save True Detective for grimmest winter.

^ amen. Also not thrilled that it's coming back, wasn't this originally a miniseries?

I dunno, but there is only 1 thing that would make me watch more of this - gemma chan...holy shit she is gorgeous. if I were the dad in this show, I would leave my annoying family and run off with anita...keep her in 18+ mode all the time :biggrin:

Gemma Chan is unreal, mayne.

Agreed that Rick and Morty is great. Have no way to watch season 2 right now though.

I started Bojack Horseman and am now in S2. This show gets better as it goes on and I really like that it has an overarching story and continuity, etc. The bad drug trip near the end of S1 was one of the best depictions I've seen of that sort of thing in any media.

3kcjEQP.jpg

i think this show is supposed to be a parody of riget, but adds elements of twilight zone and nightmare cafe (intentionally or unintentionally). it's pretty brilliant but i found it rather uneven (the interview/explanation scenes really feel like they interrupt the flow of the show) but lol nonetheless

especially episode two where madeleine causes cutlery and utensils to attack everyone haha

it is amzing, glad you found it. Now watch the armando iannucci shows (the greatest thing for a long fucking time). Look around you, if you haven't seen it before, get the pilot too, the second series is a less pure format, interupts the flow, but has it's moments. Then watch Brasseye, it is a daddy, a true mountain standing amongst pointless reject half arsed and interfered with lesser series.

thanks. will keep my eyes peeled for that.

btw: has anyone watched the sandbaggers? was about to watch it but wasn't sure if it's worth the commitment. i think it's 4 seasons long or something.

Agreed that Rick and Morty is great. Have no way to watch season 2 right now though.

I started Bojack Horseman and am now in S2. This show gets better as it goes on and I really like that it has an overarching story and continuity, etc. The bad drug trip near the end of S1 was one of the best depictions I've seen of that sort of thing in any media.

Bojack Horseman really increases in quality about halfway through the first season and keeps getting better from that point. It gets surprisingly dramatic and dark in a good way.

And holy shit tonight's episode of Rick & Morty was amazing. The final bit before the credits had me laughing for about 20 minutes after it ended.

episode 8 of mr robot disappointed me. 7 too. i feel like they started filming before having the season written and they're just hacking now. er, like literary hacks.

reminder that john oliver's writing team crushes almost every time

Edited by very honest

Rick and Morty is sooo good. I wonder if the South Park boys ever watch it and think to themselves 'wow why couldn't we ever write shit this good?' . It has a similar irreverence, but what makes rick and Morty so goddam good is that all the gags are written into a story thats actually really good and not some stupid gimmick like 'hey lets make a whole episode about Oprah's asshole, that will be hilarious (by the way im a dumb repetitive douche)' - trey parker

Edited by John Ehrlichman

episode 8 of mr robot disappointed me. 7 too. i feel like they started filming before having the season written and they're just hacking now. er, like literary hacks.

reminder that john oliver's writing team crushes almost every time

very quickly wiping away the memory of Jon Stewart. no advertisers to deal with, he just goes for it.

Caught up with Mr. Robot. Interesting show, impressed that they at least made a good effort to make the hacking somewhat accurate. The unreliable narrator spin works well with the general paranoia.

New season of Review with Forrest MacNeil has started, remembered I never finished watching the first season, so been finishing that off. It's good stuff, Andy Daly is great.

Mr. Robot might be the first visual/cinematic piece of entertainment I've ever seen that actually has a desire to portray computer technology accurately. There's no absurdly extravagant GUIs to add visual flare to what, in reality, is just a dude typing various lines into Linux and running password crackers.

They added Samurai Jack on Netflix and I remember that I use to enjoy it but somehow I forgot how good it really was, bloody fantastic, Aku is stupidly funny.

Season 2 of The Knick starts in October. Really looking forward to it because the first season took me by surprise.

By the way, does anyone actually like American Horror Story? I've watched all of it so far and it's so bad. The acting is atrocious and the music... oh gawd!

I'm a horror nerd and couldn't get past the first episode, someone here was raving about it awhile ago, maybe kaen, but I didn't get it.

I'm a horror nerd and couldn't get past the first episode

It gets worst. The other seasons have been absolutely terrible. I don't know why I keep watching it? It's not entertaining like The Walking Dead which I also hate.

Season 2 of The Knick starts in October. Really looking forward to it because the first season took me by surprise.

By the way, does anyone actually like American Horror Story? I've watched all of it so far and it's so bad. The acting is atrocious and the music... oh gawd!

It's a show I hate watch unfortunately. I want to punch that evan peters guy in the face repeatedly & unrepentantly. seriously, screw that guy.

I tend to like their title sequences though.

It's a show I hate watch unfortunately. I want to punch that evan peters guy in the face repeatedly & unrepentantly. seriously, screw that guy.

I'll hold him while you beat him up.

And what on Earth was up with him in the last season? The only thing he did was finger house wives