IGNORED

The Bug - Angels & Devils

Redruth

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FACT are mad hyping The Bug right now, half their site looks like it's been taken over by Bug stuff. not really complaining about who they've chosen as their messiah of the moment because I love KMart, but they're still bandwagon-jumping twats.

What, The Bug & Earth will release a 12" together? This new album features Inga Copeland & Liz Harris? How did I miss this! Sounds fantastic!

woaahhhh gonna look into that.

i love the first half of the album. the second half is just ok. what do you guys think? i'd absolutely love a new king midas sound album

Agreed. fuggabitch & fatmac are great tho.

Just bought and downloaded this album Tues night and gave it two full listens thus far. I'm in love with Fall (feat. Copeland) a.t.m.. Feels like gliding high in the sky during a clear autumn sunset. Fuckin lush.

The only track I don't like is Save Me feat. Gonjasufi. Just feels bland and sappy to me, so I've been skipping it since.

As for Fuck You (w/ Warrior Queen), I actually remember hearing those exact vocals on a one-hour-long Kode9 mix from 2007. Kind of trippy listening to it layered atop new instrumentals.

EDIT: Fall...autumn sunset...huh. Appropriate.

EDIT II: Starting to feel the same as Kieselguhr Kid about Fuck A Bitch. The instrumentals (the square wave bass in particular) are legit, but Death Grips is so obnoxious I skip that trac from now on. He sounds like a bulldog with his testicles clamped in a vise.

I can see why Death Grips is subject to ridicule on WATMM now. Didn't know who he/they were until this album.

Guest Maurice

an outtake from the album called "Swarm" can be streamed here

edit: it's amazing and should have been on the album

Absolutely, I added it to the album as track 13, makes for a great closer.

Love the album but the gonjasufi track makes me nauseous. I should replace it with Swarm.

Yeah, either that or Fuck A Bitch should be dropped from the album and Swarm should be the final trac, after Dirty.

Maybe there should be some kind of cloud service that updates music releases in real time, kinda like how Steam updates games.

atm

favourite Angel: Void

favourite Devil: Function

first time hearing Manga, I dig him. keep meaning to look into older Roll Deep but never get round to it.

Guest bitroast

Haha. Music with post release patches. That's awesome!

oh god. this would absolutely drive the perfectionist music producers out there up the wall :P

^ yeah, plus it's not like releasing a game patch which is more about continuous improvement and not really subject to taste. it's arguable whether replacing one track with another post-release would be an "improvement" because some people may like the original and some people may prefer a replacement, it's subjective.

perhaps this will become a reality in 2150 when all music is made by RDJ robot-clones and broadcast directly via neural radio transmission.

Exit EP announced for 6 Oct

exitep.jpg

for those of you who like the Angels more, especially the Grouper track, this is up your alley. it's basically more Liz Harris collab material, plus a new Devil with Daddy Freddy.

The Angels & Devils album files contained no less than 160 demos and versions...

With that we give you The Bug Exit. Serving both as a fat cut post album single for Angels & Devils and a way to make sure more of the excellent material sees the light of day. First up is the A&D opener Void and Void Version, featuring Liz Harris (of Grouper). The original of the mutant floating pop track that opens the album, followed by and even deeper/headier (as if that were even possible) spaced out and dubbed out version. On the flip side is Black Wasp and Black Wasp Version. From the same Liz Harris sessions, and yet another deep deep excursion into heavyweight lushness.

Following the same duality split concept of the album, the 2nd disc is all devils. Album track Function is given a full side to let the bass heaviness breathe. And finally, long time Bug collaborator and sound-system/ragga legend Daddy Freddy comes in menacing and hard on Blaow to wrap it up.

Watch for other material to appear via various sites/giveaways...

Archived