IGNORED

Lone - Galaxy Garden

Guest ruiagnelo

Guest ruiagnelo

LONE.

Happy new year to you all. My new album 'Galaxy Garden' is going to come out this year.

posted on 31th December 2011

Lone's annoucement on facebook.

Someone on that thread about the releases watmm has most expectations for mentioned Galaxy Garden and i said nothing had been announced yet. I take it all back. Can't wait for it.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ruiagnelo

Echolocations was amazing. I'm psyched.

Curiously, i was listening to Echolocations yesterday, and it seems to me that Lone has quit the woobly wave sounds from his Magic Wire works and Emerald Fantasy Tracks. I love those effects. Echolocations is wonderful tho. Lone is seriously talented.

Guest ruiagnelo

I dunno what to expect from this yet to come LP. The homonymous track he posted on his soundcloud is yet another of Lone's typical dancey, melodic tracks. Not sure if an album full of these is the best. I prefer singles or eps in that case. However, his most recent souncloud posts - two short ambient tracks - one of them even called 2012, suggest that he might be into something new...

O HELLO

av-137.jpg

Lone, one of my favourite producers at the moment. there aren't many others doing it for me, but he is 1. big up the Lone wolf.

Guest Backson

Damn, yall are reminding me that I need a copy of Emerald Fantasy Tracks.

I spent a good few weeks listening to previews and thinking about how nice the artwork was but never bought a copy...

Interview at Execute: http://www.exe-cute....-galaxy-garden/

"Yeah, it took me an year basically I started it in October 2010 and finished it just before Christmas, it’s quite different to what I’ve been doing recently, it’s not really housey or technoy, it’s most like the old stuff played, but its still quite fast though, and there are two collaborations with The Machinedrum he’s singing in two tracks. I mean I don’t really know how to describe it I guess you just need to listen to it, but it’s all done now and it should be out in March."

"Yeah, it took me an year basically I started it in October 2010 and finished it just before Christmas, it’s quite different to what I’ve been doing recently, it’s not really housey or technoy, it’s most like the old stuff played, but its still quite fast though, and there are two collaborations with The Machinedrum he’s singing in two tracks. I mean I don’t really know how to describe it I guess you just need to listen to it, but it’s all done now and it should be out in March."

Fuck, that sounds mega exciting! I love his earlier, more ambient stuff (though I like his straight-forward stuff as well). Machinedrum singing? That's something I'm not so keen to hear, but well, probably his town tracks are full of his auto-tuned voice as well!

Fuck, that sounds mega exciting! I love his earlier, more ambient stuff (though I like his straight-forward stuff as well). Machinedrum singing? That's something I'm not so keen to hear, but well, probably his town tracks are full of his auto-tuned voice as well!

Machinedrum did a lot of the vocals on Room(s) himself (heavily processed) so if you liked that album I'd expect something similar in terms of vocals.

• 4 weeks later...

Stream new single "Crystal Caverns 1991" (and is that the album artwork?) on Pissfark http://pitchfork.com...l-caverns-1991/

This style of music is such a guilty pleasure for me. Total '90s dance throwback with those synchopated "piano" stabs and vocal cuts which I always thought sounded cheesy back then, but it's like he captures the essence of what made them so danceable and fun and repackages it with a modern flavor. I dunno if anyone else could do this successfully.

Stream new single "Crystal Caverns 1991" (and is that the album artwork?) on Pissfark http://pitchfork.com...l-caverns-1991/

This style of music is such a guilty pleasure for me. Total '90s dance throwback with those synchopated "piano" stabs and vocal cuts which I always thought sounded cheesy back then, but it's like he captures the essence of what made them so danceable and fun and repackages it with a modern flavor. I dunno if anyone else could do this successfully.

Damn! This is great, not that I'm surprised. I have just about everything this fellow has released.

Guest Margatroid

"Crystal Caverns 1991" is a fucking jam. This guy definitely has a firm grasp on the elements that made this kind of music work. I've been hearing good things about Lone for a while and this makes me want to actually get into his stuff.

Although someone told me before that he sounded like Boards of Canada, lol.

Archived