IGNORED

Lone - Galaxy Garden

Guest ruiagnelo

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Crystal Caverns 1991" is a fucking jam. This guy definitely has a firm grasp on the elements that made this kind of music work. I've been hearing good things about Lone for a while and this makes me want to actually get into his stuff.

Although someone told me before that he sounded like Boards of Canada, lol.

He used to post on Twoism years ago and does have an unabashed admiration for BoC. Unlike a lot of the BoC-enamoured amateur producers out there he took what he liked about the aesthetic and sculpted it into something entirely seperate.

Guest Margatroid

"Crystal Caverns 1991" is a fucking jam. This guy definitely has a firm grasp on the elements that made this kind of music work. I've been hearing good things about Lone for a while and this makes me want to actually get into his stuff.

He used to post on Twoism years ago and does have an unabashed admiration for BoC. Unlike a lot of the BoC-enamoured amateur producers out there he took what he liked about the aesthetic and sculpted it into something entirely seperate.

Sounds great. I'm gonna check him out.

Well said. He harnesses BoC as an influence well in this track imo: (top comments lol)

Guest ruiagnelo

Preview of all tracks available at Amazon: http://www.amazon.co...29689358&sr=8-3 . Cthulhu sounds great.

:yeah:

I want this so badly. Proably my favorite musician at the moment

edit: Spirals, the last track is a rework of Galaxy Garden, the track he posted on soundcloud some months ago.

also

http://boomkat.com/downloads/499807-lone-crystal-caverns-1991

in 40 days

Guest ruiagnelo

Anyone feeling a juke vibe on Crystal Caverns 1991?

edit: Machinedrum is doing vocals for Galaxy Garden. I get the juke vibe now

Well said. He harnesses BoC as an influence well in this track imo: (top comments lol)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtSCfS1zXBI

That track sounds like BoC-inspired drums offset by a Clark-inspired melody. This track was off his 2007 debut album when he was wearing the BoC on his sleeve much more obviously.

Amazing... when is the single gonna drop? Oh wait, drop is a dangerous term these days, but you know what I mean...

"summer of summer" is an extraordinary track... big fan of the early Lone albums. the fact that galaxy garden is said to be more ambient and open than his latest rave-inspired productions makes me very curious...

Guest ruiagnelo

That track sounds like BoC-inspired drums offset by a Clark-inspired melody. This track was off his 2007 debut album when he was wearing the BoC on his sleeve much more obviously.

he has an obvious love for BoC and i remember listening in a recent interview that his most praised record is MHTRTC, which he thinks is the "best record that has ever been created".

he has an obvious love for BoC and i remember listening in a recent interview that his most praised record is MHTRTC, which he thinks is the "best record that has ever been created".

He's on twoism...perhaps he lurks here as well :happy: Also, totally was thinking of Clark when I listened to that track again myself.

Crystal Caverns 1991 is magical.

Best thing I've heards since.. well.. Approaching Rainbow.

Lone is slowly becoming one of my favorite artists. He just seems to get better and better.

Guest ruiagnelo

Crystal Caverns 1991 is magical.

Best thing I've heards since.. well.. Approaching Rainbow.

Lone is slowly becoming one of my favorite artists. He just seems to get better and better.

i got the same feeling. i find myself listening to Lone after Lone, after Lone lately.

and it's so exciting to hear that with each new release his style is changing. it's like he gets bored and tries something new, which is great because it avoids fans to become bored as well.

Guest ruiagnelo

this sounds excellent from the samples

this is kind of what ive been wanting lone to do... never got into the previous stuff massively

I discovered Lone with Emerald Fantasy Tracks and didn't even imagined he had a hip hop past.

Maybe it's because i instantly loved his dancey melodic tracks that i can't get into his previous stuff, but surprinsingly enough, i love Ecstasy and Friends as much as Echolocations or EFT.

Besides that one, Everything is changing colour doesn't attract me. It's not a BoC ripoff at all. It has a pretty solid sound, but it just doesn't grab me. Just like Lemurian. Plus this last one... i just hate that cover.

Guest ruiagnelo

Some great tracks indeed.

But i predict that with each new Lone's release i will slowly forget the previous one. I like his attitude of always thinking about the future and changing sound. That's how i work in my personal life.

Guest Smuckers

man, that crystal caverns is killer. the stabby piano is hitting the spot at the moment, can't get enough of some dope music raping those hardcore piano stabs.

Archived