IGNORED

Lone - Galaxy Garden

Guest ruiagnelo

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ruiagnelo

I don't like Lemurian's cover, aesthetically, but i must admit it does look incredibly appropriate; that idea of someone dreaming about paradisiacal beaches, while trapped in a city, someone that probably never saw the sea before. In the same way, i find the cover of Galaxy Garden to be the most perfect visual projection of its sound.

The cover of Ecstasy and Friends looks very lazy, to be honest. Which is a shame, because it is a wonderful album

Hang on, HMV Japan mentions:

First Press Limited Novelty: MIX-CDR

MIX-CDR (40 minutes)

The number of novelty is very limited.

*goes into further credit card debt*

That's interesting. I got my copy at Tower Records. HMV probably has a separate promotion for the album.

I'm not that big a Lone fan so I doubt I'll bother buying another copy for the Mix CDR (assuming it hasn't already sold out).

Not unwrapped the CD yet, but it came with the mix CD which can be heard here: http://soundcloud.com/r-srecords/rsmix002-lone.

• 1 month later...
Guest ruiagnelo

It's good to know that Galaxy Garden is getting lots of love and respect around the music scene, and this guy made a lovely cover of As a Child:

I have been listening to the record very frequently since the first leak, but even more since the day it arrived my house, but watching and listening to the video, i felt like listening to the album version with some other ears. I can't say i love either one or the other. They are different. I guess the piano cover reveals Lone's ability to write chord progressions, and even when played slower it sounds beautiful and harmonic...

• 5 months later...
i would say this is easily one of the best variations on this genre of electronic music I've heard. It's up there with Rooms by Machinedrum.

Id agree, I still prefer Room(s), but you can tell a lot of effort went into this. Plus the 2 tracks with Machinedrum are wicked.

i would say this is easily one of the best variations on this genre of electronic music I've heard. It's up there with Rooms by Machinedrum.

Agreed, probably my two favorite "juke" albums. They both mutate the genre into something far cooler. The Host also had an interesting take on it this year I thought.

I think it was clearly influenced by juke/footwork and Machinedrum's Room(s). Not all of that genre is just annoying vocals repeated into oblivion, the sound palette and structure is definitely similar on tracks like As A Child, Cthulhu, Dream Girl/Sky Surfer, and The Animal Pattern. The use of unconventional percussion and triplets in some of the songs sounds a lot like a mutation of footwork without vocals to me.

Aehm, Lone and "juke".... :cerious: no! Machinedrum and juke, mkay, but Lone.... whhhat?

haven't you heard? juke is the new dubstep. EVERYTHING is juke

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

How did I never hear of this guy until about ten minutes ago?? Fuck.

That's what I get for spending ninety percent of my WATMM time in GenBan. Gonna download this now.

Archived