IGNORED

arturia minibrute

Guest yikes

Guest The Bro

I'm very curious why someone would get this over a 101...

it's half the price

it has midi

usb ,a bit more flexible in some ways i don't think its a 101 replacer really

you will not pay 100 dollars in shipping etc etc

I got mine for $650-ish

If you're smart you can pick up an SH101 for £400 secondhand but generally I see them going for around £600.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I ordered one of these but its backordered. It has been for a while and the only thing anyone knows is that more is on the way soon.

Ugh I can't wait since it will be my first synth and I'm really looking forward to having some synth fun with it.

Guest The Bro

January seems to be the date. My guess is there taking in as many pre orders as possible prior to it actually hitting the shelves.

January seems to be the date. My guess is there taking in as many pre orders as possible prior to it actually hitting the shelves.

January 2013? Are you serious? How do you know this?

Yep. I ordered one in the beginning of April, still waiting. Availability depends on where you live, ppl in the US have gotten theirs even though they ordered way later than I. And Thomann got their 1st batch in August or somting. This is what you get when you try to support your local dealers. Plus it rains straight up ice here. Fuck this place.

Fuck! What else should I get for my first synth if not this that is in the same price range?

Remember i'm in the US.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Its finally shipped! They got more in stock and I got the email today that they shipped it! Can't wait to get it! My very own hardware synth! :D

Do cats like synths that much to wait a long time for it them?

I know two people who have them in my general area and have seen a few on the local craigslist, so I don't think that many people are waiting that long...

I've come around a bit on the Minibrute.

edit: I still think it pales next to a 101, tho

We get it, you like your 101. They are two different beasts. The sound may not be as iconic, but aside from the sequencer, the 101 isn't THAT cool man.

The minibrute was way better than the little phatty I tried, what an overpriced piece of shit, should've just made it duophonic at least to make it worth while and the price tag.

Do cats like synths that much to wait a long time for it them?

I know two people who have them in my general area and have seen a few on the local craigslist, so I don't think that many people are waiting that long...

I've come around a bit on the Minibrute.

edit: I still think it pales next to a 101, tho

We get it, you like your 101. They are two different beasts. The sound may not be as iconic, but aside from the sequencer, the 101 isn't THAT cool man.

You watch your mouth. :wtf: (there must be something in the rules about not badmouthing the sh-101)

The minibrute was way better than the little phatty I tried, what an overpriced piece of shit, should've just made it duophonic at least to make it worth while and the price tag.

I almost bought a Minibrute about a year ago (and by "bought" I mean "pre-ordered, then waited 8 months and cancelled my order").

I watched and listened to every demo I could find, and they all sounded like garbage to me. And so I thought that the synth just sounded like garbage, simple as that.

But then it came to my attention that 90% of the demos were geared towards Brostep connoisseurs who like aggressive distorted bass.

It turns out if you break off that shitty "brute factor" knob and mind the gain-staging, you can get some amazing sounds.

(But so often it just sounds like distorted nasally steiner-parker ass)

P.S. I own an SH-101, ergo I'm awesome

But seriously, the MiniBrute has an amazing-sounding sweet spot. Great sub-osc, lovely HP/LP/BP.

I've said this before but I'm just super-finicky about synths.

I'd love to hear some WATMMers on the MiniBrute!

dunno, i've seen one at the local gear shoppe and can attest that it looked sexy in person, better than on internet paparazzi pictures. but i'm in a bad crush over the new Elektron box and hence didn't even touch the MiniBrute.

Well it arrived 2 days early and my endeavor has begun. Being my first synth, I feel like I'm making music for the first time and its pretty cool. Lots of new tricks to learn with the brute and renoise.

Here is what I've mustered up after I played with the brute.

http://tindeck.com/listen/eril

Tell me, how would you integrate this in a setup with a laptop and software? Via USB. Can you save settings on the computer or just the sheet? I think I will start to save my money... :emotawesomepm9:

Archived