Clark - "Iradelphic"

Guest Adam

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Backson

I was like "Vintage synths, reverb... pretty nice. Nothing spesh."

Then the beats came in and I was all "Okay, NOW we're talking!"

Chris Clark has been on a journey. The adventure started 3 years ago after the release of 'Totems Flare'. He recorded 'Iradelphic' in Australia, Berlin, Wales, Brussels, Cornwall, Norway and London using a diverse range of tools ranging from the vintage to the cutting edge modern.

More on Warp.net

Clark / New album 'Iradelphic', download MP3 of 'Com Touch' in exchange for email

Warp - Records - Clark - New album 'Iradelphic', download MP3 of 'Com Touch' in exchange for email
Connect with Warp, subscribe to the Mailing List and explore more RSS feeds here

View the full article

Chris Clark has been on a journey. The adventure started 3 years ago after the release of 'Totems Flare'. He recorded 'Iradelphic' in Australia, Berlin, Wales, Brussels, Cornwall, Norway and London using a diverse range of tools ranging from the vintage to the cutting edge modern.

"To me 'Iradelphic' is looming, ambiguous, radiant. Glowing, whole, invincible, complete." - Clark

Some words from Clark

"I've been hunting down that elusive paradox. To create something that didn't sound like what I've done before. But was also unmistakably me. It's quite a maddening task."

"I don't think I've ever recorded in so many diverse locations; there was a lot of field recording going on in Snape, Sussex, harpsichords and orchestral drums. All recorded with a variety of tools. From £8k Cold War microphones, bling studio set ups, to laptop microphones, crumbling cassettes, Dictaphones. It all got used."

"Then a massive recording session in Wales with Bibio, only some of this is used on the album."

"I played a lot of guitar after leaving England, played pretty obsessively everyday for about a year. I never played it before but I picked it up pretty quick I reckon. I'm just stubborn with stuff like that."

"It feels like it's been a massive test, a huge, all engulfing self imposed boundary that I had to step over, can I transform all this wild instrumentation and confounding, chaotic will into something with a monolithic unity, can I bring all of these seemingly contradictory shifts in mood into a homogenous whole? I hope I've nailed it"

http://warp.net/reco...c-download-mp3/

Seems like a fucking MASTERPIECE. And like he recorded so much material that he could easily kick out new stuff sooner than every 3 years or so. Like in the old days. Do you think I will be able to get the LP cheaper than from Bleep?

I have learned too many times not to preorder from bleep.

I haven't been this excited about a new album in quite awhile. I got Clarence park right when they announced him as a new signing on warp and I was smitten from the get go. this album is going to slay.

"I played a lot of guitar after leaving England, played pretty obsessively everyday for about a year. I never played it before but I picked it up pretty quick I reckon. I'm just stubborn with stuff like that."

FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKK YYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!

Tracklisting

1 - Henderson Wrench

2 - Com Touch

3 - Tooth Moves

4 - Skyward Bruise / Descent

5 - Open

6 - Secret

7 - Ghosted

8 - Black Stone

9 - The Pining pt. 1

10 - The Pining pt. 2

11 - The Pining pt. 3

12 - Broken Kite Footage

http://www.hendersonmotors.com/photos.htm

On Dec 24 2001, a courier truck pulled into my drive and dropped off a package. Inside the package was a note and a bundle wrapped in tissue paper. Printed in bold was a letter and cover page with the message,

"Every wrench head needs a wrench"

"Every Henderson wrench head needs a Henderson wrench"

"There is only one set known to exist"

"Enjoy, my friend"

a lot of the track names are very un-clark

Yeah. But some are very Clark, like Skyward Bruise / Descent, or that Henderson Wrench

Could you explain the Henderson stuff please?

No, I just found that page and know nothing about it. :)

a lot of the track names are very un-clark

LOL, you know what we should do, judge the track names :facepalm: what the fuck is a clark-style track title?? and why does it fucking matter??

Archived