IGNORED

The official Super Mario Balotelli thread.

YO303

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Gary C

He was disgusting all game. Horror tackles, kicking the posts, kicking up turf. Terrible attitude.

Mancini apologised for him and said that he won't play again this season and that he'll "probably" get sold in the summer. I can't see many teams wanting him though. Maybe Inter. Maybe Madrid because they always sign cunts, but wow, his career is very fragile at such a young age.

Also reports of major bust ups in the changing room after the game.

If I worked at Arsenal I'd be tempted to get City to pay damages. Hart and Balotelli kicked the posts. Balotelli kicked up the turf. And if they've broken anything in the dressing room.

To be honest, I think the British media has been unduly harsh on Balotelli - I also didn't think that second yellow was really worthy of a yellow. That tackle on Song was disgusting though.

Kicking the turf? Kicking the posts? That's just frustration - have you never played football Gary?

Guest Gary C

Kicking posts may be excusable, but kicking up turf is against the rules as it unfairly disrupts the playing field.

Can't remember who exactly, but a PL player was carded for disrupting the penalty spot a few year ago.

I'm not saying City were doing these things intentionally, but it seemed to happen much more than I'd consider normal. It's indicative of a team with immature attitudes.

I'm obviously joking about Arsenal considering compensation, but it looked like an immature disregard of an opponents playing field to me.

yes it was a goalie I believe, he did it straight before a penalty kick, clearly UGC.

Every team does that kind of shit. Considering Balotelli is 21, I'd hardly expect him to be the leading light of maturity. much ado about nothing really.

Also I highly doubt he'll go back to Inter, considering he's said he belongs at AC MIlan, and was seen wearing an AC jersey while playing for Inter lol.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Gary C

Kicking posts may be excusable, but kicking up turf is against the rules as it unfairly disrupts the playing field.

Can't remember who exactly, but a PL player was carded for disrupting the penalty spot a few year ago.

I'm not saying City were doing these things intentionally, but it seemed to happen much more than I'd consider normal. It's indicative of a team with immature attitudes.

I'm obviously joking about Arsenal considering compensation, but it looked like an immature disregard of an opponents playing field to me.

Ivanovic was yellow-carded for tampering with the penalty spot against Barcelona and will miss the final.

It was a ridiculous yellow to give. Is it UGC, I suppose so, but really yellows for UGC should only be given after a totting up of offenses, unless it's a serious breach of the laws of the game. Plus that referee was a relative rookie, and to put him in charge of that semi-final...well.

I mean if they're that worried about the turf, why let the players wear studs? The running, changing direction etc cut up the turf. Is that unfair?

Ungentlemanly conduct. Learn the laws of the game?

Not having any video evidence I can't say whether or not it was deserved - but reports I read were that he was yellow carded for dissent. Honestly, if you're giving out cards for that - how about every time Barca players surrounded the ref asking for yellows?

Guest Gary C

You have a valid reason for not knowing - you're not a native speaker.

Gary C on the other hand....

No-one in England abbreviates stuff like that or at least I've certainly never seen UGC before. Never.

I knew exactly what you were getting at, but I have just never seen it before. Anyone else British?

I wouldn't have know what UGB, they usually call it unsporting behaviour anyway. God knows why you'd abbreviate it though.

Ungentlemanly conduct sounds like a rugby phrase anyway, since they like to think they're all gentlemen.

• 1 month later...

Archived