IGNORED

Mr. Bungle on vinyl

KovalainenFanBoy

I found about Mr. Bungle when I was 15 or so and their music had a deep impact on my way of seeing music and stuff. It was around the same time I started listening to the 'phex and the braindance crew

Anyway, the represses of every mrbungle album Plain Recordings put out in 2010 if I remember correctly sound like shiiiiiet, but I don't know if the original pressings will sound any better. Do any of you guys know?

The only original pressing of the first album that I know of is a picture disc from the time that it was originally released. That combined with the fact that it runs for over 70 minutes over only two sides makes me think it must sound like absolute shit. A friend of mine once had a copy but I never heard it to confirm this strong suspicion.

• 2 years later...

Probably needless to say but I will buy the fuck out of DV and California on the vinyls if these are good quality.

Also trey where the fuck is Book of Souls Folio B, trey pls

i've got alotof music by Mr Bungle! I also follow Mike Patton, i admire him, beautiful voice & many styles he does/did as Peeping Tom, General Patton & The X-Ecutioners, Maldoror, Romance and Lovage [Music to Make Love to Your Old Lady By - excellent/awesome album with Dan the Atomator & Jennifer Charles]... (i like his solo & collaborations albums) - Faith No More, Fantômas, Tomahawk... Wooow i'm big fan, yup!

how soon will be released the album Crudo, i'm no patient & it's so long!!!

• 1 month later...

Seems like all three albums have been repressed by Music on Vinyl

http://musiconvinyl.com/catalog/mr-bungle

Incredibly, the original vinyl version of Mr. Bungle was pressed on a single LP, which – with an album duration of 75 minutes – had a rather dull dynamic sound as a result. For the Music On Vinyl version, we've added another LP side to give the music more space to breathe.

Disco Volante is only 70 minutes long though so that's only getting one LP :derp:

Probably needless to say but I will buy the fuck out of DV and California on the vinyls if these are good quality.

Also trey where the fuck is Book of Souls Folio B, trey pls

Seriously! And why no Book of Souls on vinyl? After the reissues of Book M & Horizons I was really hoping we'd get Souls on vinyl too..

Archived