Untilted

LP5

Oversteps

Draft 7.30

Tri Repetae

Amber

Quaristice

Incunabula

Yeah, that pretty much says it. Confield is at the top, the first one of their "difficult" albums that properly clicked with me. Of course this (and any part of the list) may change as I go on to discover the albums in different ways.

Oversteps came up right behind LP5. It's very hard to compare these two albums, but I suppose LP5 wins for its strong, hard-hitting tracks like Rae and Drane2. Oversteps is more about subtle atmosphere, which I might appreciate more as I dive further.

Draft 7.30 seems surprisingly low. For some reason it hasn't fully settled in my mind yet, but the track P.:Ntil stands out like a bonfire.

I noticed Quaristice mixed in with the "early three". Could this be Autechre's first slip-up since their continuous progression from Chiastic Slide? The quardrange EPs would come above Tri Repetae, but there's something I don't like about Quaristice, as an album. Like bits and pieces of ideas swept onto a canvas without any kind of focus or "perfect sound" to aim for.

Also, I'd just like to say that Incunabula is an amazing album, and I like it. I just like their other albums more.

Your turn.

Goddamn Quaristice should be way higher

also this is impossible to choose :(

worst?

edit: for me autechre just keeps getting better by the years

Edited by Ivan Ooze

Guest Xenblake

Aren't we counting EP7? I know it's technically an EP but still, I think it deserves to rank somewhere in this list. It would probably be somewhere at, if not at the top of mine.

Guest RandySicko

...Had to do the lot of em

Envane

Amber

Tri Repetae

Chiastic Slide

LP5

Garbage

Oversteps

Incunabula

Quaristice

Untitled

Cichlisuite

Basscad,ep

Anvil Vapre

Peel Session

Draft 7.30

Anti

EP7

Confield

Move of Ten

We R Are Why

Splitrmx12

Gantz Graf

Peel Session 2

Cavity Job

Can’t say that I've listened to Amber and Incunabula all that much lately because I almost wore them out once I discovered them after being introduced to Ae with Tri Repetae and LP5 ...so I guess some are up on top of the favorites list purely for nostalgic reasons. I wish I can go back to when I heard a few of these albums for the first time and my brain simply meeeeelllllted ...I feel so desentized sometimes

Edited by RandySicko

Guest Balance

Untilted

Amber

Oversteps

Confield

Draft

LP5

Incunubula

Tri Rep

Quaristice

Chiastic

My top 3 is deffo right, As is the bottom two, not too sure how the others should line up.

There's some great songs in the albums I don't like that much, Chiastic and Quar.

this is impossible for me. my autechre taste changes as much as their rhythms do. so aside from untilted and the untilted live stuff (which is the bees knees for me), the rest moves around quite a bit depending on my mood.

this is impossible for me. my autechre taste changes as much as their rhythms do. so aside from untilted and the untilted live stuff (which is the bees knees for me), the rest moves around quite a bit depending on my mood.

100%

Had no idea Untilted was so loved. It's my least favourite.

again it depends on your ae taste. for me personally, it is the perfect amount of beat fuckery still retaining enough of killer rhythms to keep my head bobbing. the tracks are almost like surripere in reverse. to me, it the autechre styles i love and appreciate the most in perfect balance.

yet again, jules proves he knows his shit

:beer:

Guest RandySicko

The rest of us must not know what we're talking about.

Guest Xenblake

The sheer volume of varying styles and moods found within several Autechre albums makes this a hard list to justify.

Edited by Xenblake

It's really hard to put them in order. The top four would probably be Untilted, Confield, Chiastic Slide and Oversteps. Not necessarily in that order.

in a nutshell, yes.

Guest RandySicko

in a nutshell, yes.

reminds me of my elitist twat days ..way back before I decided to acknowlede the meaning of subjectivity.

in a nutshell, yes.

reminds me of my elitist twat days ..way back before I decided to acknowlede the meaning of subjectivity.

reminds me when people used to have a sense of humor.

Guest RandySicko

jules I completely agree with your original comment about tastes ..but Im not going to imply that everyone else is wrong. Osci just pissed me off, thats all.

jules I completely agree with your original comment about tastes ..but Im not going to imply that everyone else is wrong. Osci just pissed me off, thats all.

i never implied everyone else was wrong in my original statement, you just inferred it yourself. I ran with it, and you bit down.

:cisfor:

photo-2241.jpg

Edited by oscillik