IGNORED

Post interesting/cool interviews

usagi

• 3 weeks later...

another Dubspot, Ital Tek talks musicmaking

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCj6J6TRqqQ

That was incredibly helpful. I love those interviews that leave you thinking "fuck, yeah I can bang out some tracks after all" instead of technical discussions that leave me intimidated or discouraged.

• 3 weeks later...

this one is ridiculously long, but if you're a fan it's worth watching for some great info. when he starts describing the venue that buchla helped him design with a whole-floor subwoofer and flashing neon dancers, it really blew me away. i can't believe that kind of stuff was being done way back in the 60's.

http://vimeo.com/32362481

• 4 weeks later...
Guest carthief

Intense Frusciante interview. Kind of funny NSFW thang at the beginning. =) It's six parts so if you follow the youtube list you can get the rest...

• 1 month later...

-

there´s a serie of these clips with other artists (Kraak & Smaak, Rude 66, Duplex, etc. But Legowelt wins)

- Alot of Red Bull Music Academy interviews, especially with Cosey Fanni Tutti, Theo Parrish, Legowelt, Ectomorph (with a VERY interesting story about Detroit history). But my favorite remains Moodymann, he just takes over the whole concept of how that interview is set-up and just tells his story. I mean, "doin' his thang".

And I regurarly enjoy alot of Frank Zappa interviews when I'm bored, there are so many on youtube.

And ofcourse...

[media=]

[/media]

I was literally checking this thread to see if this was posted yet! This is my benchmark when it comes to interviews.

At 08:02 it looks like Fenriz has a Plastikman tattoo, and apparently he does!

Wonder if he 'secretly' uses his dj set to play techno sets.

Not so secretly! He´s very much into all kinds of electronic music, also into Bochum Welt/Rephlex etc. He said his favorite Joy Division track was the remix Squarepusher did for Love Will Tear Us Apart, he made 2 Klaus Schulze worship albums under the name Neptune Towers, in "Until The Light Takes Us" he talks about how he likes Monika Kruze, he did play live techno sets under the name DJ Ebola I think it was and he also posted this a few months ago:

I was literally checking this thread to see if this was posted yet! This is my benchmark when it comes to interviews.

Hah, yes! And this:

Cool, thanks for the info Herr Jan!

That Hornorkesterer remix is pretty cool, really like those 303-y vocal samples.

I'd still be slightly, though pleasantly, surprised to run into Fenriz during a Monika Kruze set.

Wonder if he'd have a good time at Awakenings...

Edited by ussr

Not so secretly! He´s very much into all kinds of electronic music, also into Bochum Welt/Rephlex etc. He said his favorite Joy Division track was the remix Squarepusher did for Love Will Tear Us Apart, he made 2 Klaus Schulze worship albums under the name Neptune Towers, in "Until The Light Takes Us" he talks about how he likes Monika Kruze, he did play live techno sets under the name DJ Ebola I think it was and he also posted this a few months ago:

[media=]

[/media]

Have not heard that! I've been slowly checking out some of his newer mixes as DJ V.K.O.M. (vice and a few blogs are hosting them).

Peaceville records is reissuing the first Neptune Towers album. Interesting sidenote...I read the uber-creepy dark ambient group Aghast used the same synthFenriz used on the Neptune Towers releases. And speaking of tattoos Fenriz has one of Dogbert as well...

fenriz_4.jpg

[media=]

[/media]

LMAO. "Yeah, I have a comment. FUCK YOU. Ya know."

Perhaps that in a nutshell is why he's the only remaining original member of Mayhem.

This documentary the clip is from, Metal A Headbanger's Journey, started my interest in black metal and, ironically, in retrospect I've realized how limited and bias it's portrayal of the genre is. It was literally: 1. Vemon, Norway and OH SHIT Varg murdering Euroymous, church burnings and Dead's skull necklace 2. Gaahl being melodramatic as fuck (see below) 3. Drunken Mayhem interview (see above) 4. Way too short Enslaved interview, vague conclusion and transition to Alice Cooper casually dismissing black metal in general. Granted, Dunn was covering ALL metal genres in one documentary but he still received so much criticism he added a much better segment on black metal as a bonus DVD feature. Props to him for that. And then again, black metal is often so knee-deep in fan mythology, media sensationalism and ironic silliness that the segment is arguably quite fitting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQJqZFUell8

^Note to self, start Fenriz appreciation thread.

I love this show, Bob's Burgers, a lot but I regardless of that these are still some of the best "interviews" I've seen given for promo pieces.

[media=]

[/media]

@ 0:20...lol

[media=]

[/media]

Anyway back to music. I could post Red Bull Academy interviews all day, but this one is quite good overall. Lot of insight into the nuances of being in a hip-hop group. Phonte's a pretty good storyteller as well.

[media=]http://vimeo.com/29332926[/media]