IGNORED

Is Steinvord a pseudonym of Tom Jenkinson?

SQUIDLID

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 8 months later...
Guest skibby

the EP sounds like a collaboration, by a 'star' mixer-producer for example, but very inspired by squarepusher. (who's not? :)

on youtube, there's 3 steinvord songs called

1) untitled 9

2) untitled 97

3) untitled

and in my opinion, 9 and 97 sound very tuss-like, and 'untitled' sounds very drukqs like.

*BUMP*

P.S. I shouldn't say anything but a higher-up at Warp told me that Steinvord is actually John Stamos.

Shhh. You didn't hear it from me.

It's John Stamos's younger brother, he can never hit those high notes.

the EP sounds like a collaboration, by a 'star' mixer-producer for example, but very inspired by squarepusher. (who's not? :)

1) untitled 9

2) untitled 97

3) untitled

and in my opinion, 9 and 97 sound very tuss-like, and 'untitled' sounds very drukqs like.

the only reason, and I say the *only* reason i am 99% sure RDJ is involved in this is that the Untitled track is by far the best Drukqs sound-alike song I've heard anyone make... ever. IT might not be as melodic but it has almost every aspect of the trademark aphex twin production, and apparently aspects of that many (or i should say most) of his imitators don't pick up on.

I agree with you there. All of the untitled ones sound a little aphexy to me though, and they were all left off the EP despite being amongst the best steinvord tracks. Makes me think the untitled tracks are Aphex and they were just clever misdirecton, and the actual release is all Tom... =/

edit: I take that back. Only untitled and untitled 97 sound like aphex to me

• 1 month later...
Guest capitan mission

these tracks outside the ep are really good. i like the conspiration, and the experiment, but i will be really surprised if the author is not a big name

I'm going out on a limb here, but if Steinvord isn't Tom Jenkinson I'll eat my own arse.

I seem to remember a different member saying that exact same thing in the steinvord thread lol

I mean... the other steinvord thread

I'm going out on a limb here, but if Steinvord isn't Tom Jenkinson I'll eat my own arse.

I seem to remember a different member saying that exact same thing in the steinvord thread lol

I just read that entire thread and didn't find it.

If I can't see it it doest exist.

I just read that entire thread and didn't find it.

If I can't see it it doest exist.

I mean the OTHER other steinvord thread. You know. The OTHER other one.

That one. Read that one it's in there. =)

• 4 weeks later...

1) untitled 9

2) untitled 97

3) untitled

In all honesty, and I really mean this, 'untitled' sounds scary close to a Druqks various tracks remix kinda thing. Not all of it, but some of the programming is, like, a little bit of 'MSM+SMM' and a little bit of '54 cymrv beats' and a little bit of 'Meltphace 6' and things like that. It doesn't EXACTLY have the usual RDJ sound, but I can't hear ANY Squarepusher vibe in this at all, tbh. Like a really good mockup, or an RDJ collab with someone else. But I could be wrong. And there is that Steinbolt connection.

• 5 months later...

Archived