IGNORED

Aphex Twin Flac Files?

Guest crowndicey

Guest crowndicey

Ok, so recently I purchased a good chunk of the Aphex catalog on cd. I'm collecting, and I really want to keep the cd's in the original packaging as I went to great lengths to track down original releases still sealed. I also don't want to buy two copies of each release, and my mp3 collection is just that...an mp3 collection. I'd like to enjoy these albums in all their glory, and was wondering if anyone knew of a solid flac collection of the Aphex discography...major albums and eps mainly?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, it's good to know I got taken seriously.

just rip the cd's you have to your pc in highest quality, then burn them on cd-r?

I believe there is also a lot of freeware that let's you convert the files into flac if that's really what you want

Ok, so recently I purchased a good chunk of the Aphex catalog on cd. I'm collecting, and I really want to keep the cd's in the original packaging as I went to great lengths to track down original releases still sealed. I also don't want to buy two copies of each release, and my mp3 collection is just that...an mp3 collection. I'd like to enjoy these albums in all their glory, and was wondering if anyone knew of a solid flac collection of the Aphex discography...major albums and eps mainly?

Well, it's good to know I got taken seriously.

just rip the cd's you have to your pc in highest quality, then burn them on cd-r?

I believe there is also a lot of freeware that let's you convert the files into flac if that's really what you want

What about the ones he doesn't want to open...

Guest Drahken

Guys, I think my hotwheel cars are broken. I go to roll them down my super speed ramp and they just kinda flop over. I think maybe the box is defective but I don't want to take it out of the box and put it into a new one to find out.

I think the greater issue here is he doesn't want to be bothered to convert to FLAC, but rather find the entire collection online, in FLAC, so he doesn't waste his time (which could be spent collecting sealed products never to be used), and in the rare off chance they have something he doesn't, well, that's even better, right? Once he legitimately purchases a sealed copy, he'll already have the FLAC, saving even more time!

In all seriousness - don't ask for digital copies of music, even material you already own. If you want a digital copy, make it yourself - you're entitled to do so, and if you really are serious about not opening the originals, then buy another - I'm sure Richard wouldn't mind you owning two copies of his work (Hell, I've got several versions of the same release in my collection, and they're all opened!)

Damn, WATMM - I'm proud - I haven't seen ProTrolling™ of this caliber for some time...

Sealed CDs aren't going to increase in value either, at least not for a LONG time. If it were sealed vinyl, I could begin to see your point.

And the sad thing is, most vinyl is sealed with very thin shrinkwrap, so even if it's considered 'sealed', truth is most have a edge tear or an entire side open, allowing potential removal from plastic, as the Electronic Music Gods intended.

Sealed CDs aren't going to increase in value either, at least not for a LONG time. If it were sealed vinyl, I could begin to see your point.

And the sad thing is, most vinyl is sealed with very thin shrinkwrap, so even if it's considered 'sealed', truth is most have a edge tear or an entire side open, allowing potential removal from plastic, as the Electronic Music Gods intended.

I've bought 3 Druqks box sets so far (all sealed) and opened each one. Absolutely no need.

Archived