IGNORED

Aphex Twin Flac Files?

Guest crowndicey

Guest crowndicey

To start with, I didn't realize that was against the rules here, so apologies on that front. And yes, of course compact discs are designed to be played, but like I said, I'm collecting and would like to keep them sealed. And yes, I could buy two copies and I will probably end up doing so. Just thought I might save myself a little money and poke around on the internet and ask people who love this music as much as I do if something like that exists. I didn't come on here and try to scam anyone OR Mr. James. Didn't realize everyone was going to bully and scrutinize. Would have just saved the effort...real nice place you guys have here.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To start with, I didn't realize that was against the rules here, so apologies on that front. And yes, of course compact discs are designed to be played, but like I said, I'm collecting and would like to keep them sealed. And yes, I could buy two copies and I will probably end up doing so. Just thought I might save myself a little money and poke around on the internet and ask people who love this music as much as I do if something like that exists. I didn't come on here and try to scam anyone OR Mr. James. Didn't realize everyone was going to bully and scrutinize. Would have just saved the effort...real nice place you guys have here.

We're kidding, really - we're just as passionate about music (not just Richard's), and unfortunately the seasoned old veteran sharks smelled n00b blood, and attacked, including an old, scarred hammerhead like myself :lol:

Hopefully this thread was informative, but also realize that it's all in good fun (for the most part).

Du04D.png

FUCKING L-O-L

you should invest in a shrink-wrapping machine

After careful consideration I've come to the conclusion that collectors are actually a different kind of breed. Still strongly rooted in the hunters & gatherers stage of human development. Even though society have moved on for roughly thousand years. (and depending on which society you pick, thousands of years) Something to do with a dysfunctional from of adaptivity, I guess.

I'm not sure why, but it might have something to do with overconsumption of pizzas as well.

Vinyl I can *maybe* understand, but only from a reseller's perspective (I buy vinyl for listening though). I didn't really think anyone gave a fuck about CDs anymore, at least not enough to think they're worth anything?

haha, maybe I can try to flog some gocab cd's on there, factory sealed, ultra rare $ 4,999.

edit: this one looks very desirable http://www.ebay.com/itm/PERSONAL-CD-COLLECTION-SEND-SHOCK-RITE-THRU-YOU-/120862302348?pt=Music_CDs&hash=item1c23f4608c

MP3s and Flac .. there is no difference in sound quality. Basically, 128 mp3s are the same as flac or any lossless format.

Discuss.

:facepalm: (jk, maybe you use the wrong equipment. and even on relatively bad equipment i can clearly hear the difference between 128kps and flac. i don't think i can hear the difference between 320 and flac, tho.)

EDIT: i see what you did there...

I didn't really think anyone gave a fuck about CDs anymore, at least not enough to think they're worth anything?

Take a look:

http://www.ebay.com/...14&_sop=3&_sc=1

I've had some business proposition emails by some guys in south africa.. give me a PM and i'll send them over your email... millions of £££ to be made, apparently.

I didn't really think anyone gave a fuck about CDs anymore, at least not enough to think they're worth anything?

Take a look:

I've had some business proposition emails by some guys in south africa.. give me a PM and i'll send them over your email... millions of £££ to be made, apparently.

most of those are a scam but some of those are legitimately rare..

the cds in the link I mean. Not the somalian pirate business you're talking about. lol

I have some digital vinyls still sealed in RARs, are they worth much?

Only if they're password protected. That's the only way to be sure they're in the best quality. Digital vinyls can wear off pretty quickly.

Guest igloos unlmtd

Take a look:

What people are trying to sell is one thing, what people are buying is another.

You have to click 'completed listings' to see what people are actually buying.

The highest purchase is Grateful Dead Europe '72 boxset for $2,068 followed by Britney Spears My Prerogative single for $1925

Take a look:

What people are trying to sell is one thing, what people are buying is another.

You have to click 'completed listings' to see what people are actually buying.

The highest purchase is Grateful Dead Europe '72 boxset for $2,068 followed by Britney Spears My Prerogative single for $1925

Thx boss.. I didn't know you could click that.

Still, 2000$+ seems pretty high for a cd?

Archived