IGNORED

Aphex Twin Flac Files?

Guest crowndicey

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Herbalist

Sealed CDs aren't going to increase in value either, at least not for a LONG time. If it were sealed vinyl, I could begin to see your point.

And the sad thing is, most vinyl is sealed with very thin shrinkwrap, so even if it's considered 'sealed', truth is most have a edge tear or an entire side open, allowing potential removal from plastic, as the Electronic Music Gods intended.

I tried to keep my vinyl copy of drukqs sealed, but over time the plastic ended up splitting like you said :sad:

After that I had to slide it open to see if there was a winning ticket inside. I seem to recall there being some sort of willy wonka style contest with winning tickets slipped in some copies of drukqs. Am I recalling this correctly? If so, what was it that you won?

Sealed CDs aren't going to increase in value either, at least not for a LONG time. If it were sealed vinyl, I could begin to see your point.

And the sad thing is, most vinyl is sealed with very thin shrinkwrap, so even if it's considered 'sealed', truth is most have a edge tear or an entire side open, allowing potential removal from plastic, as the Electronic Music Gods intended.

I tried to keep my vinyl copy of drukqs sealed, but over time the plastic ended up splitting like you said :sad:

After that I had to slide it open to see if there was a winning ticket inside. I seem to recall there being some sort of willy wonka style contest with winning tickets slipped in some copies of drukqs. Am I recalling this correctly? If so, what was it that you won?

a slap in the face if I remember correctly

I didn't really think anyone gave a fuck about CDs anymore, at least not enough to think they're worth anything?

Take a look:

http://www.ebay.com/...14&_sop=3&_sc=1

I've had some business proposition emails by some guys in south africa.. give me a PM and i'll send them over your email... millions of £££ to be made, apparently.

most of those are a scam but some of those are legitimately rare..

What people are trying to sell is one thing, what people are buying is another.

You have to click 'completed listings' to see what people are actually buying.

The highest purchase is Grateful Dead Europe '72 boxset for $2,068 followed by Britney Spears My Prerogative single for $1925

Thx boss.. I didn't know you could click that.

Still, 2000$+ seems pretty high for a cd?

All comes down to supply and demand. I'm not sure people will have thousands to spend on techno in the near future anyway.. unless the church and state digs it.

Guest igloos unlmtd

I've seen some expensive techno records, but you might be on to something :

The top 3 vinyls sold are all Classical. $4,000 to $5,000 ea.

The top 2 cassettes are Eminem $930, & $700 ea.

• 2 years later...

That's incredible! sound really good, but want to know if it's legal from the site Archive.org? 'cause it's free & the files come from bittorrent... but it's a direct download as the others files from Audio Archive > Community Audio (archive.org)

Welcome to Community Audio

Open Source Audio has been renamed to Community Audio! (The URL is still the same, though.)

You are invited to view or upload audios to the Community collection! These thousands of audios were all contributed by Archive users and community members.

Please select a Creative Commons License during upload so that others will know what they may (or may not) do with with your audio.

Click here to contribute your audio!

Archived