IGNORED

For those of you who hate juke & footwork

Polymershapes

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You don't get sick of the exact same 808 drums on every single track?

If there was no 808 drums it wouldn't be proper footwork and planet mu wouldn't realease and people wouldn't listen to it.

The problem for me isnt the 808 drums, it's the fact that its the same 808 samples.

Then again, I like Traxman...

If there was no 808 drums it wouldn't be proper footwork and planet mu wouldn't realease and people wouldn't listen to it.

i still feel like 'Room's by machinedrum still blows this stuff away because it doesnt rely on 808 overload. The rapid fire 808 hihat sound got old 5 minutes after it came out of the gates with both cylinders firing. If you like that sound im happy for you, but it would be nice if there was less of that cheap stuff in it

The problem for me isnt the 808 drums, it's the fact that its the same 808 samples.

this is also true, one of the only guys i've heard trying to make footwork on with actual analog drums is DJ stingray, but i didnt particularly like his results

i still feel like 'Room's by machinedrum still blows this stuff away because it doesnt rely on 808 overload. The rapid fire 808 hihat sound got old 5 minutes after it came out of the gates with both cylinders firing. If you like that sound im happy for you, but it would be nice if there was less of that cheap stuff in it

It would be nice if there was less footwork in general. One of the very few genres that I consider entirely stupid as a genre. Maybe because there aren't many listenable footwork tracks, maybe there's still hope. 'Rooms' is a standout obviously.

this is also true, one of the only guys i've heard trying to make footwork on with actual analog drums is DJ stingray, but i didnt particularly like his results

I dont really consider Machinedrum to be making footwork etc if Im honest, but I get what you mean about the 808 overload...

I try and make footwork, but I dont want to just replicate what I hear too much, plus with an 808 its a ball ache to make well sequenced patterns that arent just one bar loops etc.

There are lots of footwork tracks that avoid the 808 altogether, but most of the time, when you hear footwork it's attached to the same few names ( Rashad/Spinn/Traxman etc) so whatever samples they use, are what you end up hearing... (I believe I saw/read rashad saying he got his 808 samples from the roland r70)

You could probably make a footworking tune with the other xox drum machines.

Yeah, definitely.

To be fair though, you could actually make a track to the standard of most footwork tracks on a ps1 with music 2000.

The thing about footwork is, the dancing community is far more important than the music, but doesn't get as much focus I think.

This sounds like a lot o' fun, thanks! Better than DJ Nate!

IMA DOG, IMA DOG, IMA DOG, IMA DOG, IMA DOG, IMA DOG, DJ-NATE!, IMA DOG, IMA DOG, IMA DOG, IMA DOG, IMA DOG, IMA DOG, IMA DOG...

You know thats a fuckin tune! hahahaha

Archived