IGNORED

For those of you who hate juke & footwork

Polymershapes

Juke is a thing in Japan now:

video

Not surprising. I recall a comment from a Tokyo guy on RP Boo interview on some obscure blog years ago that he studied all his beats for years and was hoping to become better than him. Music in this clip is of higher standard than most Chicago routine, i smelled it before i checked credits

that music is Not of a higher standard

you clearly don't get it

anyhow it's quite humorous seeing the completely different context for the footworking in japan...the audience all cheerfully and orderly clapping, lol, some of the chicago videos have people throwing down bets and counting cash and threatening people and shit. lol

What do you mean exactly?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the other video with the final battle though...it's fascinating to see how they have failed to incorporate the agressive, confrontational aspect which is the whole point of footwork. They are just politely giving each other 5 feet of personal space. interessing

video

Not surprising. I recall a comment from a Tokyo guy on RP Boo interview on some obscure blog years ago that he studied all his beats for years and was hoping to become better than him. Music in this clip is of higher standard than most Chicago routine, i smelled it before i checked credits

you clearly don't get it

anyhow it's quite humorous seeing the completely different context for the footworking in japan...the audience all cheerfully and orderly clapping, lol, some of the chicago videos have people throwing down bets and counting cash and threatening people and shit. lol

the track in that clip you posted was weak...not enough aggressive for proper footwork, sounded completely tame like their emulated dance moves

footwork music is supposed to be in your face, confrontational, sometimes even profane and insulting, but still cool as a cucumber

you clearly don't get it

There's always this seemingly pristine and positive angle whenever I view Japanese takes on "imported" subcultures. It's sincere, usually quite good, but it's also...how should I say this, a bit sterilized? The main exception I can think of is their noise and metal scenes. But when it comes to Japanese electronic music especially I always get this vibe.

video

you clearly don't get it

the track in that clip you posted was weak...not enough aggressive for proper footwork, sounded completely tame like their emulated dance moves

So you mean it's not purist footwork. I get it. That's why i used the word "standard", because it's more carefully done, with no accent on the aspect of rawness. The word "weak" doesn't really mean anything, maybe it was meant to be weak.

you clearly don't get it

There's always this seemingly pristine and positive angle whenever I view Japanese takes on "imported" subcultures. It's sincere, usually quite good, but it's also...how should I say this, a bit sterilized? The main exception I can think of is their noise and metal scenes. But when it comes to Japanese electronic music especially I always get this vibe.

Maybe it's electronic music which is sterilized version of music and Japanese just do the work with no Western illusions of dirtyness and human touch. I would say Japanese are usually make music in a crazier fashion like, say, rock (underground, not pop).

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Still dont get footwork.

I have not listened to loads of samples and tracks,

but from what i heard it seems to me to be one of the most boring music genre ive listen to.

Its ridicously bad to my ears!haha

But i guess to each his own....

Check out FOODMAN, not exactly footwork in the traditional sense but shares DNA. His latest "Ez Minzoku" is insane!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...

I'd like to clear up that I did eventually get footwork for those just reading the thread, but I also turned bald, old and smelly.

Archived