IGNORED

Sean talks on technology at The Simply Superior podcast

Guest 2062

in the same way that Sean tries to spin his short attention span as good for Ae's creativity, I guess limiting his vocabulary to "shit" and "fookin'" must similarly free his mind for more creative pursuits.

( :emotawesomepm9: )

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[...] but that old man was fucking annoying. I hate when people talk *at* you: and he clearly does this to everyone around him.

haven't listened to the podcast, but do the they talk to andrew mckenzie himself, or is there some third guy as interviewer? mckenzie would actually be one of the few people i wouldn't mind being talked *at* by.

btw, any way to hear /dl this without itunes? i fucking hate itunes. strange enough choice to market such an elusive and vaguely paranoid project like simply superior through them

This podcast had potential--I'm very interested to hear about my favorite artist's non-musical side-projects, but that old man was fucking annoying. I hate when people talk *at* you: and he clearly does this to everyone around him. I accidentally listened to the 03 September 2011 episode (because it mentioned Autechre), and he did the same thing there, too.

"I was there and saw Hilary Clinton!" For fucking fucker's fuck face sake!

I was exactly the same when I first heard talks by McKenzie but quickly found out that the man has a shit ton to say. What seems like a one way dialogue actually has a lot of bouncing of ideas from whoever he's talking to. There's a great little interview that really made me respect the man even more, especially on his views of creative methods of thinking -

I figured this was a man who had some respect from a group of people: the way he carries himself in conversation makes that clear. But that doesn't change the fact that he's fokin' rude. He might have some interesting things to say, but that doesn't give anyone license to (a) cut people off repeatedly (once or twice is acceptable), (b) dismissively say "yeayeayea" when someone is trying to make a point, and © dominate a conversation for an extended period of time with a sole focus on some personal tangent that isn't really directly relevant to the topic at hand. He violated all three of these conditions, so I'm not too impressed. I've known many people like this, and as I get older, I am getting more discriminating about who I want to listen to and spend time with. People who treat conversations like the other person isn't as interesting as themselves are off my list pretty quick. That said, I only heard two podcast with the guy: maybe he's not as bad as my initial impressions. But I've also known a lot of more interesting and considerate and intelligent people, so I'll just stick to them. I don't need a hero to worship.

My main point was that the few times Sean got to edge in a point or two were interesting, and I was disappointed that this other guy wasn't giving anybody any conversational space.

completely agree. The guy doesn't sound very clever to me, just sounds like your typical old guy with set opinions and certain hobby horse topics, who likes to hear himself talk. Not majorly offensive, but very mediocre.

• 7 months later...

I just wanted to apologize for my comments earlier in this thread, particularly to xox. the phrase "real programming" popped up in that AAA thread and I was like, "that sounds vaguely familiar" and found this. wow, I was being an ass - I would smack me!

also idk whether anyone still has doubts whether Max is "real programming" after that AAA thread, but I don't anymore :)

I just wanted to apologize for my comments earlier in this thread, particularly to xox. the phrase "real programming" popped up in that AAA thread and I was like, "that sounds vaguely familiar" and found this. wow, I was being an ass - I would smack me!

also idk whether anyone still has doubts whether Max is "real programming" after that AAA thread, but I don't anymore :)

nah man, you don't need to apologize... :beer:

Sean did said in the aaa thread that he programmed in C (as we thought) but abandoned it after gen~ got released.

• 1 year later...

dont fear labels. we're all free here. we wont label you.

its not you guys, its sean im worried about.

Sean the macho: one comment destroyed half the fun on the subforum

I heard a really hilarious story from a fellow old school electronic musician about Andrew but I won't post in here out of fear as being labeled as petty

Oh, I want to hear about it now...

• 2 months later...

I have it somewhere.

If I can be arsed I'll upload it.

hey spiral any chance you could upload it if you've got a free moment sometime pls thanks

Archived