IGNORED

New Tool record end of year?

azatoth

bout' time. Was getting so sick of their pretentiously depressing, "overly technical because we can" contribution to music.

• 7 months later...

http://consequenceofsound.net/2015/11/tool-offer-progress-report-on-wonderful-new-album/

During a Halloween show in Tempe, Arizona last month, Tool debuted an instrumental called Descending. Jones confirmed that it was a shortened version of an amazing new song that clocks in between 13 and 14 minutes.

Theres still no timetable for the albums release, but Jones said the band will go back to work following the completion of the tour and hopes to release it sometime in 2016 so we can tour more.

Edited by triachus

they are in a much worse position than BoC were releasing their album. There is no way that they can make up for 10 years of no music with one album. It would have to be a double album with visuals like The Wall or something. There is no way.

That said, i am pretty confident the album will be good, but i can not imagine it shattering any minds at this point.

Ahahaha excellent.

They should find a new guitarist who can ape Adam Jones' style while also bringing something new to the table. That guy has not progressed as a guitarist since Aenima, and is the main reason 10,000 Days was boring. He's got the whole single note muted riffing thing down, but it's seriously time to move on. Everyone else can still kill it. But honestly, I'd be a lot more excited for a new APC album at this point.

Aenima is still one of the best albums of all time.

Ahahaha excellent.

They should find a new guitarist who can ape Adam Jones' style while also bringing something new to the table. That guy has not progressed as a guitarist since Aenima, and is the main reason 10,000 Days was boring. He's got the whole single note muted riffing thing down, but it's seriously time to move on. Everyone else can still kill it. But honestly, I'd be a lot more excited for a new APC album at this point.

Aenima is still one of the best albums of all time.

I don't know... I don't care how technically advanced it is, the guy can still write pretty sweet riffs and that's part of what I want from my Tool experience. 10,000 just seemed uninspired all round. Didn't seem like anyone really cared much tbh.

Agreed about Aenima. It's on my top 10.

I really need to get on to Puscifer. V is for Vagina was ok, but didn't really click with me tbh

Funny, that's about the only one that clicked with me along with C is for...

Personally, this new LP sounds like uninspired APC b-sides.

Aenima Lateralus is still one of the best albums of all time.

ftfy

it has a very awkward flow imo. that's what hurts it, the songs are awesome. just doesn't ride along like aenima or lateralus

What bothers me more about 10k is the production is more brickwalled. They stated they were listening to a lot of Meshuggah when they were writing the album, so I blame it on that.

Fuck Meshuggah

Yeah I went there, wanna fight about it :catrage:

I really need to get on to Puscifer. V is for Vagina was ok, but didn't really click with me tbh

I remember liking the Lustmord dub remixes better

==> http://www.discogs.com/Puscifer-D-Is-For-Dubby-The-Lustmord-Dub-Mixes/release/1524895